xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dvd2xbox  (Read 77 times)

bumper preet

• Archived User
Dvd2xbox
« on: June 02, 2004, 10:48:00 AM »

i have the program dvd2xbox which is great for copying games but how do i copy movies...i think i mitve coppied a movie into my game directory and tried playing it thru XbMc but it came up as a bunch of folders and didnt start? what did i do wrong and what do i have to do to transfer movies onto my xbox? plz help thanx

FrightfoO

• Archived User
Dvd2xbox
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 02:50:00 AM »

Those folders are what make up the structure of a DVD (VTS/VOB etc). You should be able to select a VOB and have it play straight away, but that's only part of the movie. Try clicking the VTS files and see if the movie plays from the beginning. Basically everything was done correctly.

Note that it's still a try-and-see what happens kinda thing, in terms of getting a DVD, which was ripped to the Xbox's HD, to play. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Also, under perfect conditions (DVD has no scratches or errors of any sort), DVD2Xbox can copy a full DVD-movie ok, to HD. If there are errors or scratches to the DVD, many faults can occur, during the ripping process.

If possible try using DVD Decrypter to copy the DVD to you PC's HD, then FTP the files to the Xbox.

davie_gravy

• Archived User
Dvd2xbox
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »

I use DVD Shrink.  I would agree, rip the movie on your pc, cause doing it that way instead of ripping straight to the xbox HDD saves space.  If your into the scene, I'd just download those already ripped and packed SVCDs or XviDs whatever your into.  XBMP can play those without any processing.  I just load the bins to the HDD and play on!

Dave