xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Powering On By Itself  (Read 141 times)

__KYLE__

• Archived User
Powering On By Itself
« on: August 20, 2006, 02:51:00 PM »

my XBox is deciding it wants to turn on by itself every time i turn it on. I have no idea if its the XBox, something to do with the BIOS or if its the power bar its plugged into. can someone tell me whats goin on?

Kyle

xboxuser5

• Archived User
Powering On By Itself
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 03:06:00 PM »

if it is a v1.0 more then likely on the bottom of the psu is a burn or the solder need's to be redone where it plug's into it

or it could be a heat issue and getting to hot is the fan working? is there hairball's or handfull's of lint inside?

__KYLE__

• Archived User
Powering On By Itself
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 03:21:00 PM »

no i have a 1.6.... and my fan is working great. It will also turn on at random times.

Chancer

• Archived User
Powering On By Itself
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 12:37:00 AM »

More info needed. Is it modded? How? when did this start? etc
One thing certain powering on by itself is not the connections to the AC input on the PSU, nor is it overheating or the Power outlet itself.
Check the power and eject board but we need more info

BirdofPrey

• Archived User
Powering On By Itself
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 04:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(__KYLE__ @ Aug 20 2006, 01:58 PM) View Post

my XBox is deciding it wants to turn on by itself every time i turn it on.

I don't know if its the nightshift getting to me but I can't seem to get my head around this sentence.
Do you mean it turns back on right after you turn it off? uhh.gif

__KYLE__

• Archived User
Powering On By Itself
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 07:05:00 AM »

lol ya thats supposed to say "my XBox is deciding it wants to turn on by itself every time i turn it off"

ok yes its modded with a DuoX2 Lite non solder (POS by the way) i got a 100 Geg Maxtor Hdd with EvoX and currently no LED's or anything special. i have two Neons that arent even connected to the XBox (but i want them to be just dont know how) and thats about it. this started like a week ago. and its definatly not the power eject board cuz i changed it 2 days ago and the before/after didnt change at all.

__KYLE__

• Archived User
Powering On By Itself
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 02:09:00 PM »

**BuMp**

Darth753

• Archived User
Powering On By Itself
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 05:41:00 AM »

Well, let's see. The Xbox powers on when a signal from the front P/E board is sent to the PSU. The PSU by itself cannot boot the unit. Thus, something is going wrong somewhere between the power button and the motherboard. Most probably, something is short-circuiting - be it the button, traces or wires of the molex connecter. Have you ever done anything to the P/E board? Do you have another one with which to replace it as a test?

__KYLE__

• Archived User
Powering On By Itself
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 08:30:00 AM »

yes i have messed around with the P/E board and screwed up the LED on it so i got a new one and now its in there....this happened b4 i replaced it and is still happening

tayl0r

• Archived User
Powering On By Itself
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 09:54:00 AM »

just unplug it when you want to turn it off biggrin.gif

nooo im just kidding, this is a stupid question, but have you tried changing the plug it is connected to? i mean like go and plug it in somewere else in your home see if it still does it? it might be a socket problem.