xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Restoring Picture After Videomode Change  (Read 826 times)

Xekutr

• Archived User
Restoring Picture After Videomode Change
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2005, 02:53:00 AM »

Ok I have a Xenium ICE that I had modded by a family friend, well I put the switchdisc in the drive but my xbox flashes green twice then red about 30 times then restarts. I cant seem to get anything to work, PLEASE HELP

Xekutr

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2005, 02:19:00 PM »

Does it stay on with the video cable removed MrO.? If so then you are good just wait until you hear the drive spin down (its loaded) and press b or a, whichever is needed then restart. See mine just keeps rebooting regardless.

soopahfly

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 12:54:00 PM »

Thanks to this thread, I have cured my problem.

I'd like to just add how I did it though, as it may prove useful to some other members.

I used Enigmah, like everyone else here, but I was having media problems.
I unplugged the AV cable and that allowed me to FTP into my xbox.

I renamed my avalaunch.xbe to avalaunch.xb_ and copied across the media folder and default.xbe from enigmah to my xbox c:\.

Then I renamed default.xbe to avalaunch.xbe and rebooted the xbox.

Wait about a minute then press either A for PAL or B for NTSC.

Reboot and connect back up your video cable.

kenshinmokota

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2006, 02:05:00 PM »

ntsc-j              premodded aladdin xbox
 v1.6
samsung DVD rom
i did the first step the enugmah thing and kept pressing B but nothing happened now what should i do exactly???
please someone help

This post has been edited by kenshinmokota: Jan 20 2006, 10:06 PM

kenshinmokota

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2006, 10:38:00 PM »

come on someonehelp me please
@ least  i have a full backup for everything eeprom and hhdkey and all the cfe drives

ShadowStalker69

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2006, 04:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(RustAngel @ Jan 18 2005, 11:40 PM) View Post

A fix for people whose xboxes throw back error 21 or boot and re-boot in an endless loop following an NTSC-j/resolution change error (you will need a copy of the Enigmah switchdisc or Slayer's EvoX bootdisc and a modchipped xbox - will not work for softmods AFAIK):

RustAngel

I figured out a way to fix my xbox (softmodded) after messing with resolution/widescreen setting in XBMP.  If you upgraded the hard drive and still have the original it is the easiest, but it should also work if anyone you know has a modded (soft or not) xbox and will let you open it up and hot-swap their hard drive and yours.

1st - Make sure you have a working copy of Enigmah Videomode Switchdisc on disc or installed on the working modded Xbox. Remove the hard drive from you not working Xbox and have ready.  Remove the cover of the working Xbox and leave off.

2nd - Boot the working Xbox to modded dash - ie Evox - then load the Enigmah Videomode Switchdisc Program.  It should display your normal setting either NTSC or PAL. DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING YET

3rd - Now remove the power cable to the 'working' hard drive, then remove the IDE cable from the 'working' hard drive.  Next attach the IDE cable to the 'not working' hard drive, then attach the power cable.

Last - I would press A once, then B once and make sure that Enigmah shows a change, then choose the mode you need (A = PAL, B=NTSC.  Now power off the Xbox.  Disconnect the 'not working' hard drive and try in your Xbox.

This worked for me on my Softmodded Xbox.  I had my orginal softmodded stock hard drive so I removed my larger hard drive and was able to boot fine with my stock drive, ran Enigmah on my stock drive, hot-swapped to my not working larger drive, chose NTSC and shut off my Xbox.  When I rebooted my larger drive was working fine again.  Hope this helps someone else who had this problem with a softmod and no access to a Modchip.

-ShadowStalker

nclundsten

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2006, 08:16:00 PM »

ok im confused, i set up the videomode switcher for easy access on my xbox menu, ran it,
switched from ntsc, to pal, power cycled the xbox, and bam! i can still see video.. it flickers, but is still ok.
so.. im guessing this other xbox isnt stuck in pal mode, but instead, a 16:9 mode or something, and probably jacked up my eeprom. so is it safe to say it is fuxxored? i cant run game discs, and hear any sound, only the flubber animation, which leads me to believe they arent running correctly.

thoughts, opinions, help?

This post has been edited by nclundsten: Sep 23 2006, 03:18 AM

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2003, 08:59:00 AM »

First of, if you read this you most likly have a blackscreen and do not know how to fix it.
Now is a good time to listen and remeber to ALWAYS read the cvs_readme*.txt that often comes with a new cvs build.
This is a "old" problem and shouldn´t exist if the readme was read, but enough of me rambeling about things that you now pretty much will do everytime you get a new build.

First thing todo is to get the Enigmah Videomode Switchdisc.

Check around the forums if you do not know where to get it, but please do not ask for it since it is built with the XDK and asking for xdk binaries is against forum rules.

When you got the files burn them to a CD-R/RW or a DVD-R/RW and add a dummy file, 50-100Mb in size called 1.bin or something like that!.

(Use XISO or any other program able to extract and build XIso files)

Boot the xbox with it and Press A (for Pal) or B (for NTSC)
Then reboot the xbox and the video should be back.

If not try to boot the disc again and now press B if you pressed A first or the other way around. (You get it i hope...)

Update:
If you can ftp to your box, then you could remote execute the enigmah default.xbe, after you ftp it over. Or , if you use Evo-X, make a link to it in the evox.ini so that it is the first item selected when you boot up.
Then just launch it by pressing A.
End Update(Thanks to akarnid for this tip/idea)

Update from yomamaspimp :

I was about to give up when I tried ftp'ing all the files to the console and it worked !

Console wouldn't boot enigmah with any disc format.

Make sure u got video cables disconnected so u can at least boot up the console with no picture.

Copy all files to the console as you would burn em onto a disc to a new folder

Then using FlashFXP use a raw command execute default.xbe on the default.xbe file extracted from enigmah, give it a sec, press B (or A depending on settings), turn off console, plug video cable back on and reboot.

If you still havent got any picture then it aint over yet.

Easiest is to try and see if you got another tv (@parents/friends house) that might support NTSC-j and restore back to NTSC-M.

If that wont work either i got a last step for you (or two even)

When in xbmp press DOWN 2 times. (1 time if you have TV-Guide set to false in the config.xml)

Press A 1 time.

Press DOWN 5 times.

Press RIGHT 1 time.

Press A 1 time.

Press DOWN 3 times.

Press A 1 time.

Turn the XBox off and on again, and picture should be back.

If this didn´t work (it should!) you have now the last thing you can try, but i can NOT take responsabilaty for this one.
It should work fine with 1.0 and 1.1 XBox´s, but like i said, i can´t say it will work with 1.2 or 1.3 XBox´s  100%.

This is a c&p from CONFIG MAGIC´s readme:

Blind Restore EEPROM if you have no Video image:

Usage: (MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A VALID EEPROM.BIN in DATA)
(NOTE: If you have used evo-x and the backup option you will have backup files in c:backup)
   1) Boot ConfigMagic from DVD Drive
   2) Press A button to Skip Video (press A untill you see the orange light flash)
   3) Wait untill eject light flashes orange (flashing orange means ConfigMagic is ready)
   4) To Start Hold BOTH triggers and press WHITE button !
   5) Orange light stops flashing and stays steady (Steady orange means busy)
   6) If successfull Eject light will Flash GREEN (Flash Green means success!)
   *IF there was a problem loading/decrypting eeprom, Eject light will turn RED (Red means Error !)

Making this one pinned.

Post suggestions etc.

This post has been edited by JayDee: Dec 18 2004, 05:53 PM

BinkY_BMF

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2003, 07:28:00 AM »

Dude!

This sticky has just saved my ass.....

Especially as its a uk Pal machine... and I was fooling with the NTSC - J resolutions....

as an alternative to the above, I put the following line first, in my evo-x .ini

Item "XBOX Fix","e:appsNTSC Switcherdefault.xbe"

Of course the path name is that where you have the enigma mode selection app... LOL!

pit this in first, rebooted pressed "A" and - "Bingo!" back on track....

thanks a lot!

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

MorrisMcD

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2003, 02:20:00 PM »

This isnt working for me...  I am following the blind instructions b/c I cant find enigmah.  I hear when I push buttons, certain sounds but I am wondering if going right once is what I need to do.  Maybe I am in a different mode that I need to go left or something?  Can someone describe (and get screenshots if possible) of what we would be seeing during this step by step process?

:(   No Xbox for me for now :(

explicitlyrics100

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2003, 04:15:00 PM »

if you have autoboot of disks off then you have to switch to a hard drive that has got the basic evox or similar, oterwise it doesnt seem to initialise properly.  FTP doesnt work or anything as xbmp doesnt load fully either, try changing hard drives if you have access to it, before messing with the eeprom

MorrisMcD

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2003, 05:17:00 PM »

I ended up using Enigmah.  Was really easy.  FTP it up to your box (if you can, which you should) and then run a raw command  using 'execute' and pointing to the xbe of enigmah.  Then on your controller, press b for ntsc or a for pal

This post has been edited by MorrisMcD: Oct 3 2003, 12:18 AM

explicitlyrics100

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2003, 05:25:00 PM »

yeh i tried but ftp was down, hence i dont think it loaded the bios corectly, well if the disk dont boot and the ftp aint working then you can try my method, it worked for me, although i hav no idea why ftp wasnt working!

pakostevens

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2003, 10:42:00 AM »

I tried booting the enig videomode disk. The disk I burnt on a cdrw works fine on other xbox. I tried booting it on my xbox with the black screen and it doesn't seem to work.  Anyone got any other suggestions?

KiLaHuRtZ

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2003, 11:24:00 PM »

If you can't FTP into your xbox, try unpluging the A?V cable from the back of the xbox.  This solved my FTP problem (god knows why)
Pages: 1 [2] 3