xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Backed Up Games Don't Work  (Read 18 times)

Raptor235

• Archived User
Backed Up Games Don't Work
« on: April 06, 2005, 07:15:00 PM »

Hi I'm running XBMC as my dash board and some of my backed up games don't worked from the hd... I was told that some games have to be burned to play because they expect to be opened from a certain drive... is it possible to somehow do a smb mount to the dvd drive back to the f drive so that I can open the games from the dvd drive and trick the game to thinking it's being played off a dvd? <

THDVL

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 08:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(JayDee @ May 25 2004, 05:46 AM)
It looks like there is no limit on how many times this needs to be said:

It will NEVER,(99.9% unlikely), be possible to stream games from your PC to the XBOX!

<

ofbz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 08:29:00 PM »

i don't think he ever mentioned playing a game from the pc's dvd drive...

<

THDVL

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 08:57:00 PM »

Ok.. then why dont you clarify it?

is it possible to somehow do a smb mount to the dvd drive back to the f drive so that I can open the games from the dvd drive and trick the game to thinking it's being played off a dvd?

smb is for streaming from pc. so I assumed that's what he was talkin about. <

Raptor235

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 09:02:00 PM »

that's right if you read it correctly it says having the game on the F drive of the xbox and just mapping that drive to the xbox dvd drive to make it seem to come from the dvd drive... is this possible? <

THDVL

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 09:05:00 PM »

I did read it right bitch.. you said..  is it possible to somehow do a smb mount to the dvd drive back to the f drive so that I can open the games from the dvd drive and trick the game to thinking it's being played off a dvd? SMB is for streaming from pc to xbox. Next time word it a lil better so it makes sense. Learn how to properly back up your games and you wont have a problem.

This post has been edited by THDVL: Apr 7 2005, 04:08 AM <

THDVL

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005, 09:26:00 PM »

this isnt even in the right forum.. doesnt matter if you use xbmc as your dash, your issue is with backups so it should be in the corresponding forum.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showforum=11 <

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 03:45:00 AM »

1: Wrong forum

2: If you have backed up your games they will work fine from hdd unless you have A: Ftped a warez iso of the game to it or B: Used the isomaker that often comes with nkpathcer. If you have done B you should have read how to use the attach.xbe and detach.xbe for mounting the iso that is on the xbox hdd and if you have done A you should go and sit in the corner and then find another site to help you with your warez as x-s will never do that.

3: Play nice or see the thread go to the garbage bin. <