xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: X64! -- 64 People - Halo - 1 Xbox  (Read 3184 times)

PSiEK!

• Archived User
X64! -- 64 People - Halo - 1 Xbox
« on: August 19, 2005, 09:00:00 PM »

X64_1
X64_2
I would like to find some serious modders / fabricators to look at the feasibility of them making my "One-of-a-Kind" machine. I definitely do not have the skills, nor the tools for building this extreme machine. I no longer have the room, or the storage space anymore for keeping all of these parts with me, as I will soon move to a significantly smaller boat.

If anyone cares this will be my new home for next 36 months.
Official Website
Some Pictures

Since I can not do it myself due to "Real-Life" I am willing to divulge all of my secret
plans and ideas for this. I have many more sketches and mock-ups that I can give to give you a better idea, but I pretty much thought of everything well in advance, so there should not be any major problems to overcome.

Only SERIOUS modders please. I am talking about someone with access to allot of cool heavy machinery that will be necessary to do the job right.  At least 2 years experience with cutting, drilling, lathing, and polishing aluminum and other soft metals would be preferred.

I already know this will be an Expen$ive job. But I am trying to get a good quality job. Alot of the inspiration came from the origional Alluminum "Direct X" box, and a supercomputer.

Below is a short product description.

16 Xbox's, all without DVD Drives, arranged in a "Cray supercomputer" like circle.
(IMG:http://images.encarta.msn.com/xrefmedia/sharemed/targets/images/pho/t047/T047838A.jpg)
All of the AV, Power, and LAN will be traveling "down" through the middle.
16 20mm fans will pull heat from each CPU heat sink, with two 120mm or 9 inch fans on top and bottom of entire "system". Wattercooled Processors would be a great nod to the Cray Supercomputer, but it would add at least $5000 to the parts tab and significantly weigh it down.

There are no real pictures yet, but I have been brainstorming on and off for about 2 years now.

The reason for its' "existence" is for 16 people to enjoy the comfort off thier own screen while playing HALO 2 and other 16 player systemlink games. But it will also have the capability to "break down" into smaller sections, like 4 sets of 4 Boxes, for some serious HALO partying. Or some or them set aside for Dedicated servers ala Rainbow 6. Mitsubishi has these cool LED DLP PocketProjector's coming out, and they would be great for it.
hMitsubishi PocketProjector

More than likely this will create alot of "Never gonna happen" or "That's so cool"
posts but I would like to prevent that. I will not be able to respond to everyone right
away ( I am currently onboard my ship, which is underway right now) but if you are serious
and can back it up with a portfolio and possibly a link to your website / forums - It would make it easier for me.

I am no stranger when it comes to spending large amounts of $$ on XBOX stuff,
I have roughly 50 boxes at home, all but 10 are special editions. I've also aquired
6 Dev Kits, and 6 Debugs. With an Alpha kit still in the mail.

Not a picture of X64 - but of me in my MC suit - with real 9mm's
Master K33F!

Master-Ch1ef

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 08:56:00 PM »

Uhh.. Xbox-Scene is really stupid about ANYTHING that regards Halo modding. They might ban you for this even though it's not exactly modding.  mad.gif

soupy_31

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 09:06:00 PM »

wtf are you talking about? this is just basically a LAN system (from what i read.. i only skimmed over it)

sk8phreak88

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 09:11:00 PM »

Yeah, master this is about a lan machine..NOT halo modding, He did build a mod after mastercheif... Truthfully, I don't think you can link them all together, unless with a 16port hub? But I'm not that good at stuff like that good luck!

porfuse

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 09:15:00 PM »

thats a really big project...that could take like a really long time...you need someone super serious...

i have access to heavy machinery...

metal cutters, benders and all kinds of things...my dad (works for the goverment developing planes and all...)

but i dont have the money to do this...

as for the metal polishing at my dads plant is done by machine and all....

im allowed to use some of the equipment..or at least i have...but polishing? im sure i could do it...

but i dont have the financial resources....

it'd be a fun project to do.
i could show you my one xbox....im good with xbox and i have a lot of friends who know a lot about them

i could show you my computers....

ubernewb

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 09:47:00 PM »

ok.. so the idea sounds good in theory, and wouldn't take a lot to pull off.. (except a shitload of $$ and time)

but how practical would this be? those 4box 'chunks' would weigh a ton and be incredibly bulky to lug around.. does sound like an interesting challenge though..

hmm..

anyone wanna donate 4 trashed boards/psu's/hdd's ? i would need them to play around with fitment and there's no way i could use my good mobo's for that..

i figure this can be designed as just one 'chunk' cuz then the other 3 would simply be copies of it.

one very important question though.. do the dvd-roms need to be there or can the system do without? it'd make the whole assembly that much smaller ...

aepuppetmaster

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2005, 09:50:00 PM »

if it where me i'd wait for the 360, no sense spending all that money on building a system based on the xbox.  it is a great idea and i hope it works for u, i'd like to see it when its done.

soupy_31

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 09:54:00 PM »

just a quick question.. where do u plan on putting this? if u said it in ur initial post, my apologies for the dumb question but that thing was loooooong.

Granulated

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2005, 09:59:00 PM »

Kind of a neat idea, but interest in the xbox is waning with the 360 3 months down the road...I don't see it happening.

blue bandicoot

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2005, 10:07:00 PM »

yeah, most of the modders who are capable of doing this are focusing on their future 360 mods

Master-Ch1ef

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2005, 10:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(soupy_31 @ Aug 19 2005, 11:10 PM)
wtf are you talking about? this is just basically a LAN system (from what i read.. i only skimmed over it)

Yeah, but like I said.. X-S is terribly paranoid.

blue bandicoot

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2005, 10:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(Master-Ch1ef @ Aug 20 2005, 12:15 AM)
Yeah, but like I said.. X-S is terribly paranoid.

yeah, whats up with all of this sudden paranoia?

brokenglass

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2005, 10:26:00 PM »

id be up for it any ilinois modders wanna get together and do this?

SilverStone641

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2005, 10:57:00 PM »

dude, what are you going to store that thing in? A pickup truck? Thats why the current xbox config is so great. You can add each box as you need it. Instead of carrying around a bunch of xboxes you don't actually need. It's an interesting idea. but not exactly feasible.

sorry man.

EverestX

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2005, 10:54:00 PM »

I cant help you man but that cray style box is too bad ass.  Where can I buy one  love.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13