xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Igr With Ms Remote Control?  (Read 36 times)

yardline

• Archived User
Igr With Ms Remote Control?
« on: March 25, 2005, 06:07:00 PM »

My bios can do IGR with the game controller just fine. Is there a way to do it with the official MS remote control so that when I'm done with a movie I can get back to XBMC? <

Abe87

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 01:14:00 AM »

You don't need to use igr to get from a movie back to xbmc. Just stop the movie. I don't use a remote so I can't tell you which button it is. But if you check the online manual at the official xbmc site I sure it is in there. <

djdafreund

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 10:12:00 AM »

I'll take this one.

The Display button will take you back to the list (out of fullscreen.)
or you can also hit the Menu button.(or back)

If you want to reassign a button to do a reset, search the forums, i remember seeing a Tricks and Tip's on how to assign a button to reset. Not the same as a IGR, but just mentioning in case you just wanted to reset for any reason and didn't actually need to IGR. Hope that helps. <

ubernewb

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 02:49:00 PM »

don't know how you're xbmc is setup, but for mine i just press stop... then the movie stops and i'm back at the xbmc screen.  display button switches between fullscreen and osd mode.. <

flux2k

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 03:50:00 PM »

I think the original poster might be meaning that when he plays a DVD (with the ms dash?) that he'd like to be able to do a reset to get back to xbmc...  :uhh: <

yardline

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 08:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(flux2k @ Mar 26 2005, 04:45 PM)
I think the original poster might be meaning that when he plays a DVD (with the ms dash?) that he'd like to be able to do a reset to get back to xbmc...  :uhh:

Yes, that's what I'm asking about. How do I get from MSDash DVD watching to XBMC where I can turn off the Xbox. <

djdafreund

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 10:13:00 PM »

Well, in that case this wouldn't be the right place to ask. As it's not actually XBMC related directly. I do have an answer for ya still though.

It's not possible to do with just the remote. You could buy (depending on skills) a remote kit (IRMod) which is only $15-$18 dollars. I installed one, and it works decent. It's sometimes touchy it seems if your not aiming JUST right. You can hit "STOP, SELECT' to turn it on, and "STOP,STOP,STOP,STOP,SELECT" to turn it off. Comes with the IR LED and IC chip. <