xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: Flashing Your X2lite With Ozxchip Method  (Read 14147 times)

oLd_sCHooL

• Archived User
Flashing Your X2lite With Ozxchip Method
« Reply #285 on: July 25, 2003, 01:39:00 PM »

OK I GOT IT!!!if it helps for any of u guys, i just put the bios and a fluff no iso just normal burn and flashbios used it

sk8ermike6789

• Archived User
« Reply #286 on: July 27, 2003, 10:49:00 AM »

will this method work for the chameleon and using a 256k bios w/o turning it into a 1024k???

ytfeL

• Archived User
« Reply #287 on: July 27, 2003, 12:37:00 PM »

OK I need help!!! after hours of trial and error I finally got my bios to start updating.  I went in the other room to get a drink expecting to come back and see Bios Update complete or something to that affect, but my XBox was powered off and now it only boots up like a normal xbox with the chip enabed or disabled WHY????

I made a 1MB bios.bin using EVoX D.6 EjectFix and Evox D.6 and burned them with Nero adding a 500MB dummy file I didn't make an ISO

Can anyone help??????

pdenton

• Archived User
« Reply #288 on: July 28, 2003, 08:44:00 PM »

if you have an xecutor 2.2 lite and are having problems getting cromwell to read your bios cd, i have help.

1) YOU DONT NEED THE OZXFLASH CD, JUST THE XECUTOR BIOS! (irc.easynews.com #xbins and jump on the ftp using their instructions. the dir on the ftp is /XBOX/bios/xecuter/xecuter2/MULTI )
2) dont use ultraiso and all that shit, its lame. i tried it and it didnt work. i have windows xp and used its integrated cd burning shit and it worked perfectly.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HOW TO MAKE THE BIOS CD
#1 - download the 4977 xecutor bios off the ftp site listed above and extract the files
#2 - off the same ftp site in the dir /XBOX/bios/xecuter/flashbios_cromwell get the file "xecuter_flashbios.zip" and extract the dummyfile.exe
#3 - get xecutor2 bios maker (x2bm) off this site (w00t for hosting it) and extract
#4 - load up x2bm and click import. you want the X2_4977.bin file in all four banks.
#5 - click save and save it as bios.bin; im fairly sure it automatically makes it a bin, so dont put a ".bin" in the file name.
#6 - have the dummyfile.exe make you a 100mb file and put it somewhere you can remember (desktop is fine  wink.gif )
#7a - if you have windows xp just burn the 2 files using the integrated cd burning software. make sure you close the session or whatever.
#7b - if you dont have winxp (lamer), use nero. have it burn a data cd, no multisession, disc at once and finalize. i recommend burning at 4x

Once you have the cd burned, load up cromwell (make sure the chip is enabled, flash in unprotected and im not sure if bank makes a difference but i had it on bank2) and pop in the cd. it'll read it and should flash and turn off.  if you're still having problems, it might be media. this truly does make a difference. i HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend verbatim cdrw's, preferrably 650mb and 4x. i had 4x tdk 700mb cdrws and they didnt read in my philips drive. hope this helps you guys. it took me 3 days and many many hours of reading forums and IRC to get mine to work

tester123

• Archived User
« Reply #289 on: July 29, 2003, 02:10:00 PM »

QUOTE (pdenton @ Jul 28 2003, 11:37 PM)
if you have an xecutor 2.2 lite and are having problems getting cromwell to read your bios cd, i have help.

1) YOU DONT NEED THE OZXFLASH CD, JUST THE XECUTOR BIOS! (irc.easynews.com #xbins and jump on the ftp using their instructions. the dir on the ftp is /XBOX/bios/xecuter/xecuter2/MULTI )
2) dont use ultraiso and all that shit, its lame. i tried it and it didnt work. i have windows xp and used its integrated cd burning shit and it worked perfectly.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HOW TO MAKE THE BIOS CD
#1 - download the 4977 xecutor bios off the ftp site listed above and extract the files
#2 - off the same ftp site in the dir /XBOX/bios/xecuter/flashbios_cromwell get the file "xecuter_flashbios.zip" and extract the dummyfile.exe
#3 - get xecutor2 bios maker (x2bm) off this site (w00t for hosting it) and extract
#4 - load up x2bm and click import. you want the X2_4977.bin file in all four banks.
#5 - click save and save it as bios.bin; im fairly sure it automatically makes it a bin, so dont put a ".bin" in the file name.
#6 - have the dummyfile.exe make you a 100mb file and put it somewhere you can remember (desktop is fine  wink.gif )
#7a - if you have windows xp just burn the 2 files using the integrated cd burning software. make sure you close the session or whatever.
#7b - if you dont have winxp (lamer), use nero. have it burn a data cd, no multisession, disc at once and finalize. i recommend burning at 4x

Once you have the cd burned, load up cromwell (make sure the chip is enabled, flash in unprotected and im not sure if bank makes a difference but i had it on bank2) and pop in the cd. it'll read it and should flash and turn off.  if you're still having problems, it might be media. this truly does make a difference. i HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend verbatim cdrw's, preferrably 650mb and 4x. i had 4x tdk 700mb cdrws and they didnt read in my philips drive. hope this helps you guys. it took me 3 days and many many hours of reading forums and IRC to get mine to work

As pdenton has stated, the newer chips come with a differrent cromwell bios. You don't need ozxchip to flash current X2's.  Just follow the steps above.

Good luck everyone, and happy testing.

~tester123

pdenton

• Archived User
« Reply #290 on: July 29, 2003, 03:04:00 PM »

wow, tester123 gave me his blessing, i feel honored.  love.gif

tester123

• Archived User
« Reply #291 on: July 29, 2003, 08:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (pdenton @ Jul 29 2003, 05:57 PM)
wow, tester123 gave me his blessing, i feel honored.  love.gif

Not only that, but I edited my post with your info.  laugh.gif

beto777

• Archived User
« Reply #292 on: July 29, 2003, 08:56:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif Guys need I little help rolleyes.gif Does any of you know an site where I can order backup games? Also a site where to get a software in order to make my own back ups by myself......

Thanks

pdenton

• Archived User
« Reply #293 on: July 30, 2003, 07:39:00 PM »

biggrin.gif i feel better somehow, hehe. can i get a higher rank or something?  wink.gif

beto777: there's apparently some type of noobie setup program called "slayers," which you burn to a cd and pop in and it installs evox dash, xbmp, etc. one of the things on there, i dunno if its part of the evox dash or what, is something that lets you copy games to your xbox's hard drive. i recommend doing that, ftp'ing the files off the xbox onto your computer, use xISO to make a cd image and burn it. make your own images. as for sites where you can buy backups, i dunno, sorry

foxdie

• Archived User
« Reply #294 on: July 31, 2003, 09:30:00 PM »

good write up it would have saved me 26 hours!

Pluttiplutt

• Archived User
« Reply #295 on: August 01, 2003, 06:28:00 PM »

I did it my way!

I didn't do any modification on the iso-file, just renamed the flash to bios.bin. I burned the ozxflash.iso to a cd. then I burned a cd in format ISO9600 with the bios.bin file on. Then just putted in the cd ozxflash, then waited and waited and suddenly the cd was ejected from my xbox telling me to put in the bios.bin cd, "the flashCD". So I did. After that it flashed the XBox correctly.

But remeber be calm it takes some time before the first boot-CD are ejected and it looks like, on the screen, everything is going wrong but be calm and wait...

This was just another way of making the flash whithout modding the iso-file. It worked for me!

Regards // PP

pdenton

• Archived User
« Reply #296 on: August 01, 2003, 07:13:00 PM »

pluttiplutt, what version of the X2 do you have?

Lael8541

• Archived User
« Reply #297 on: August 02, 2003, 12:06:00 AM »

After I put the OZXFlash CD into my xbox drive and get the screen below.
user posted image
How long do I have to wait before I am asked to insert the BIOS cd?

Fi12e

• Archived User
« Reply #298 on: August 04, 2003, 01:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (pdenton @ Jul 29 2003, 05:37 AM)

HOW TO MAKE THE BIOS CD

How come pdenton's method is different from the one on the tutorial http://www.xbox-scene.com/modchips/x-ecuter2_pogo_diagrams.html? I followed XanTium's method and my Xecuter 2.2 Lite+ FRAG'd so now I have to wait for the programmer. Is pdenton's method better? If it is, please update the tutorial so other people don't FRAG their chip too.

For :: X-ecuter 2.2 Lite/ Flash the modchip.
The X-ecuter2.2 Lite is preflashed with the "Xecuter FlashBIOS (Cromwell)".

Instructions from Team Xecuter readme file:

Step 1 - Creating the Bios CD
- Ensure that the bios file you wish to use of an appropriate size for your modchip. (1MB for the X-ecuter2)
- Make a copy of the bios file you wish to use and rename this copy to BIOS.BIN
(You can also use BIOSUPD1.BIN, CROMWELL.BIN, XECUTER.BIN & LINUXBIO.BIN)
- Select a CD or DVD media compatible with your XBox's DVD-Rom.
(Most CDRW will work and most DVD-R will work. If you have a Samsung Drive then some CD-R will work)
- Burn the BIOS.BIN file onto a CD.
(For Nero select the following settings, No Multisession, ISO Level 1, Format Mode 1, ISO 9660, Deselect Joliet, Finalize CD, Disc-At-Once)
- You should add a dummy file to the CD to ensure it is read properly by the XBOX. We have enclosed a dummy file creator with this release. We recommend 100MB.

Step 2 - Flashing with FlashBIOS (Cromwell)
- Turn your XBox console ON, when the DVD-Rom tray ejects please insert your BIOS.BIN CD and close the tray.
- When the flashing procedure is complete the XBox will shut down.
- If your modchip is writeprotected or the programming fails you will be informed by error messages on screen (It will say Unknown Flash! Halting)

http://www.xbox-scene.com/modchips/x-ecuter2_pogo_diagrams.html

pdenton

• Archived User
« Reply #299 on: August 04, 2003, 01:58:00 PM »

Fi12e, you really just missed my first step didnt you.
1) YOU DONT NEED THE OZXFLASH CD, JUST THE XECUTOR BIOS!

with the x2.2 lite it has been update from the x2 or x2.1 in that all you need is the Xecutor bios. i dunno why they did this, i guess to make life easier.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23