xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fonts Internationalization  (Read 663 times)

slazaris

• Archived User
Fonts Internationalization
« on: September 19, 2004, 02:21:00 PM »

Hello out there,

I am trying to enable Greek support for the XBMC. I have found the strings.xml and all the dialogs that handle the labels, but the problem is that I can't create xpr fonts with greek. I downloaded FontBundler, but as a Russian guy has already posted, FontMaker doesn't have support for fonts other than Western. So, although I use fonts with greek support, FontMaker doesn't render them as greek letters in the tga image file. So, in my view there two solutions.
1) If there is another program like FontMaker that can generate the .abc and .tga files for any charset the font supports, then I can use that program and then load them in FontBundler for the final xpr file.
2) Is there a way to change some code in the source code of FontMaker and enable support for international fonts as well? I can find the source code in the XDK.

It really is surprising that there is so much support for many languages but not for Greek. The thing is that the problem lies in the creation of the appropriate xpr file. So, if anyone non-English has already done this process, he is mot kindly asked to help out.

Thanks in advance.
Stelios <

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 04:26:00 PM »

Hmm, Macromedia Fontographer may help you out... It is a program dedicated to making fonts.  You may be able to use that to create the files you want, to use inside of FontBundler.
 <

Bigfootmech

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 09:05:00 AM »

Hey, I have had fontographer for a while... but can I make .xpr font files with it? If so, how?
Before you say, googling it, got me here!