xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Interesting Situation With A V1.1 Xbox...  (Read 367 times)

Captain00

• Archived User
Interesting Situation With A V1.1 Xbox...
« on: January 02, 2004, 04:58:00 PM »

hey all, ive got an interesting problem i hope someone else has run across....  im doing a TSOP mod on a v1.1 xbox and when i get the points soldered, the xbox wont boot up correctly.  there is no video, nor is there any error lights on the front panel.. its just green.  when i press the eject button, it shuts down the xbox.  when i unsolder the points, it works a treat.  anyone have any ideas?

ive done well over 100 xbox tsop mods so i know its being done right.   ive done several of every version so i know about the diff bioses for diff models and whatnot.  the soldering is fine on it... not exactly a tough bit to do imo.  ive actually had 2 xboxes do this... the only thing i can see so far that they had in common were they were both referbs and both were v1.1 boards.  the one i have now thats not working has a sharp tsop, for what its worth.  oh, they both also had samsung drives but i know that doesnt matter cuz i swapped out the first samsung drive with my crappy thompson and sucker worked fine when i unsoldered the points wink.gif  

ive scoured the forums for days looking for something without any luck... if anyone has any ideas or questions, itd be much appreciated.  thanks in advance! smile.gif

captain

stanneh

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 10:04:00 PM »

you have to solder a seperate wire on the bottom of the motherboard if it has a sharp tsop also you have to do that before you turn the xbox on and once the xbox is on you have to then bridge the points in that order or you will see the problem your getting now

basically try to find a way to bridge the tsop flash points when the xbox is on but solder the wire you need on the bottom before good luck u can do it.

DvS

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2004, 12:46:00 AM »

I have the exact same problem.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2004, 05:41:00 AM »

best thing is to bridge the bottom points and the extra wire, then solder wires to the top points, and twist them together right before you flash