xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Patched King Kong Just Freezes  (Read 1162 times)

l0tics

• Archived User
Patched King Kong Just Freezes
« on: May 14, 2007, 08:28:00 PM »

Bought a "broken" 360, fixed it, flashed the hitachi, updated the firmware to the right version. Dumped king kong, patched it, burned. I load the disc, then goes to a black screen. Huh? The only thing I can think of to go wrong was using the wrong patch, I used the default that came with the app instead of  renaming Linux-Loader.bin and using that.

This post has been edited by l0tics: May 15 2007, 03:30 AM

Sonic-NKT

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 05:37:00 AM »

some people have this problem, me too. (classic version?)
i tried it with a copy from a friend, now i bought definatly the right version, hope this works. i will see when i have new dl dvd+rs.

l0tics

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »

My friend thinks I ripped it wrong (clonecd is stupid and splits it into like 7 1gb files when dumping a disc, instead of one iso), but whatever, after merging it with dos it should be the same byte for byte as a regular dump.

Let me know how it goes for you.

G0t M4xx 21

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 04:40:00 PM »

Try dumping it with Xbox Backup Creator, if you have a Kreon drive or a 360 w/ a samsung drive

wmxp

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 04:12:00 PM »

Same problem with the black screen freezing:

-360 Premium with a Hitachi 47 drive, flashed with the new iXtreme 1.2 rev2 firmware.

-Dashboard / Kernel is 4532 as per the HD_DVD_10-2006.zip update.

-Used XBC 2.5 to rip King Kong NTSC . Output ISO is 7,572,881,408 bytes. win_patch.exe reports as completed successfully using the shader.bin packaged with it. ISO size after patching is identical.

-I bought the King Kong disc second hand, so I don't have the original case. Checked the contents of the disc through XBC, and there's no "GammaAdjust.raw" file present anywhere as stated the Classic version would have here: http://www.free60.org/wiki/Run_Code

-Numbers on the discs:
Label top = 522812-DVD
Underside, inner ring = 11654B18-L0 / 11654B18-L0

-Burnt on Verbatim DVD+R DL media with Pioneer 111D

Theories:
1) iXtreme firmware doesn't work? Need to revert to an older version? 2.3 perhaps?

2) Use the Linux-Loader.bin on Xbins instead, replacing Shader.bin?

3) Just realized I'm using the 360 VGA cable. Didn't read anywhere that it doesn't work with it. Should connect to TV quick with component cables to confirm that's not the problem.

Help / Suggestions?

This post has been edited by wmxp: Jul 10 2007, 11:18 PM

wmxp

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 04:31:00 PM »

Okay, tried the following:

-HD connected / disconnected

-Standard video cables. Both TV-Composite mode / HDTV -Component mode.

Still nada. Black screen freeze.

Another theory:
Perhaps the presence of DMI and PFI patch data in the ISO, screws with the patching process? Before stealth patching was standard?

Gonna reflash the DVDRom with the 1.6s firmware from the Maximus-Garyopa_XTRM-HITACHI_v2_3_Stealth_Rev2 pack next....

~sigh~

wmxp

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 05:32:00 PM »

Reflashed the drive to firmware 1.6 , still nada. =\
Not looking forward to making more DL coasters in the quest for vindication...

wmxp

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 07:05:00 PM »

Something else, that may be relevant... I'm using IMGBurn for all my 360 stuff currently. Perhaps it's doing some sort of byte correction or alteration to the ISO during the burning process that would change the outcome vs using CloneCD?

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 08:36:00 PM »

did you click the exe to run it?

i ran "win_patch game.iso" from a command prompt, all worked out using your same burner and media.

edit: from what you said, maybe you dont have the original version of the disk that works with the exploit ?

This post has been edited by ILLusions0fGrander: Jul 11 2007, 03:38 AM

wmxp

• Recovered User
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 05:36:00 PM »

lol , of course I'm using the win_patch on the ISO. Kinda defeats the purpose of all this material if I didn't get past step 1. As I said, the patcher reports as completing successfully. It's certainly possible that I have the wrong version of the game, but as I stated earlier there's no "GammAdjust.raw" file present on the game disc anywhere, which the classic version is reported to have present.

http://www.free60.org/wiki/Run_Code says:
"The patcher currently does not work with the newer "classics" version of "King Kong" (barcode number 3 307210 240156), as it has a somewhat different structure but the patcher looks at "hardcoded" positions in the ISO - so it results in an "ID error" (you can check using a XDVDFS dump - the new one includes e.g. a file called "GammaAdjust.raw" which is not on the first and original DVD with barcode number 3 307210 206695 for the PAL version)."

That being said, the free60 article is about the PAL version of the game. I've got the NTSC version.

This post has been edited by wmxp: Jul 12 2007, 12:38 AM

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 08:43:00 PM »

dunno what to tell you. mine worked, and the untouched image has no "GammAdjust.raw" file that i can see.

im viewing my ISO with XBC.

edit:

as I stated earlier there's no "GammAdjust.raw" file present on the game disc anywhere, which the classic version is reported to have present

the new one includes e.g. a file called "GammaAdjust.raw" which is not on the first and original DVD

unless you misspoke... the classic version should not have that file.

edit edit: just to clarify, i used xbc with a kreon drive to rip the image. opened dos prompt and typed in the command, patch successful. then used imgburn, loaded from xbc to burn the image.

This post has been edited by ILLusions0fGrander: Jul 12 2007, 03:48 AM

wmxp

• Recovered User
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 10:54:00 PM »

My copy DOESN'T have the file GammaAdjust.raw, so I assumed it's not the Classic version. I don't have a case to check with, as it's second hand.

I ripped it with XBC using Xtreme 5.2 on my Toshiba Samsung TS-H943 MS25
I just make a quick batch file, "apply.bat" with:
CODE

@echo off
win_patch kingkong.iso
pause
exit

Patch reported as completed successfully. Burned on Verbatim's at 4x with latest version of IMGBurn, point to the KingKong.dvd file to load the correct layer break.

Tested on my other 360, with Dashboard version 4532 and a Hitachi 47d flashed with both iXtreme 1.2 Rev2 and Maximus-GaryOPA 1.6s

Black screen both times. Gonna see if I can find anyone selling a PAL version somewhere and try again.
So frustrating. =\

wmxp

• Recovered User
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 06:20:00 PM »

Well...my final attempt has once again failed. Bought a PAL version, non classic edition. Ripped it without making stealth files this time. Patched the image, tested on Xtreme 1.6s again. Nada. Tired of wasting DL's, time and money. sad.gif

PhreeZ

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 12:14:00 AM »

can someone post the MD5 of Shaders\xeshaders.bin from a working patched image?

i'm getting 3D2BB5AF978B444525FFF79F9EB7E941 from an NTSC copy of the game.

i want to make sure the shaders are right before i try reburning another image.

thanks.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 07:21:00 PM »

im getting 13d026a7c1ae9c1330f607ff968b5678 for a patched, working xeshaders.bin from NTSC king kong game.

This post has been edited by ILLusions0fGrander: Jul 18 2007, 02:21 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3