xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xpowerhour  (Read 380 times)

stanley87

• Archived User
Xpowerhour
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2020, 10:33:00 PM »

:-D, Already made a few minor changes that can be checked out via the SVN :-D
Added: Build.bat, etc, temp icon.
Check it out :-D

Anyone else who wants to follow progress, the svn is:

http://xpowerhour.googlecode.com/svn/trunk

Let us know of any bugs etc etc :-D

Cheers,
Stanley87

And yeh, i was also up for designing a new drinking game! Maybe some sort of game like "buzz" for the ps2, or something like the button has to be pressed at the right time etc etc (i like the drinking games that get ALOT more challenging as you begin to sway). And if different controller support gets supported in xbmc/python, more opportunities would come about.

kernel610

• Archived User
Xpowerhour
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2007, 12:47:00 PM »

THanks a bunch!!! it worked!!!

WhiteBread

• Archived User
Xpowerhour
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 07:19:00 PM »

still working on the script? possible release that allows video playback (ie music video)?

is it even possible to make adjustments to the script to allow just for video playback and release it as a separate script?

thanks and great addition to my xbox!

lclagett

• Archived User
Xpowerhour
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2007, 01:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(WhiteBread @ Mar 30 2007, 08:26 PM) View Post

still working on the script? possible release that allows video playback (ie music video)?

is it even possible to make adjustments to the script to allow just for video playback and release it as a separate script?

thanks and great addition to my xbox!

Well I had stopped on the script because I got busy with other stuff suddenly. But this seems like a good week to continue working on it. Adding video playback would not be difficult, and I would most likely want to add this to the existing script with some sort of option to switching to video. There is a video queue list, so the script would use that instead of the music queue list.

The trick with video playback would be that you would need a lot of videos. Thinking about it now it would also be desirable to vary the start time on the different clips. I think I will work on a quick settings area that allows you to change the seek time after switching tracks. If I feel even more ambitious, might even make it possible to set a seek time for each track if so desired. Shouldn't be difficult, but debugging this bad boy is not fun.

lclagett

• Archived User
Xpowerhour
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2007, 11:09:00 PM »

Well I added some early support for some settings, even very early support for video power hours! Go to Google svn trunk and download all those latest files.

Unfortunately there is no GUI interfacing for any of this added work. You may notice that there is now a file called  settings.xml    You can edit that file. So far there are only two settings that you can edit.
  • seektime - Changing this value changes the start time of each track
  • playlistnumber - The playlist to use for power hour, 0 is music, 2 is video

So if you want to try a video power hour, open up the settings.xml and edit the value for playlistnumber to 2. Don't worry if you make an error in the settings.xml file, the program does some pretty decent error checking, and loads defaults if there is a problem. Save the file and make sure that is the one in the xbox in the same folder as default.py  Now in XBMC BEFORE STARTING xPowerHour, queue up videos through the Videos section. Start xPowerHour, those videos should be listed on the main screen. Starting the power hour will lead to the first video playing, and even have the usual text in the lower right!

Unfortunately as you may have guessed, this is not incredibly easy to do since there is no GUI interface for all of this. Also at the current time during video playback there are a couple of bugs. One, is that program will incorrectly give you errors saying the videos are not long enough. Do not know the reason for this. The other major bug is that video will not skip ahead in playtime to the value specified in the settings file. I think this is because the video takes just a half beat longer to load than music, negating the seekTime call. I will think about how I want to approach this later (trying to keep this seemingly bloating program from bloating too much).

ALSO! If you close "Drinking Mode" attempting to Resume drinking mode will load the text countdown, but not the video playback. This will most likely be fixed at a current date.

I won't answer too many questions about this, since I am not considering this a release. Once there is a pretty GUI thingy in place, I will put up a nice zip file in the downloads section of the google site. I may even post this on xbmcscripts as it is finally nearing a satisfactory state.

lclagett

• Archived User
Xpowerhour
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2007, 03:09:00 AM »

Well who needs sleep when you can program all night. In the trunk, and on the downloads page is the latest version of the program

You may notice a settings button now .... mess around with it and see what happens.

Still not ready to call it complete, there can be much improvement to using videos for power hour but it will work. Probably work more on it in a few days. Just noticed a small bug that cropped up (the status display text does not disappear at end of power hour ... don't care about that now too tired).

Try to break it, let me know of any problems. Oh and you can change how far the program seeks into the songs on the settings page. The error checking will check each song  in the list based on that number as well. Wouldn't have it any other way.

lclagett

• Archived User
Xpowerhour
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2007, 12:19:00 AM »

I feel like I am spamming here, but anyway Google Code Downloads section contains a zip file with the latest code. Video power is fully implemented.

Quick changelog I whipped up for so-called xPowerHour V0.3
  • Tweaked the players switchTrack() method so that it is potentially more efficient (and at least makes more sense with the numbers used, etc).
  • Added osd_music_bg.png image to lay behind power hour text in drinking mode, Improves visibility of text during a video power hour (meaning you must be using PMIII to take advantage of this for now)
  • xPowerHour does not check track lengths for video power hour because of XBMC bug, instead just warns user
  • Power hour lineup now refreshes on any button push (best hack for now)
  • Can now resume drinking mode during a video power hour
  • Fixed bug: Drinking Mode window would not close at the end of the power hour
  • Fixed bug: Better detection of when power hour is running or not (important when trying to resume power hour)
  • Fixed bug: Settings window should not be accesible when power hour is running
  • Fixed bug: Fast-forwarding (or rewinding) then hitting play would pause the power hour countdown
  • Fixed bug: A video will now correctly skip to seek-time like music

So yeah, if you want to do a video power hour you can pretty much do it. Cooking up some interesting ideas now  that I feel really, really need to be there.

If anyone has any feature requests/suggestions please share.
Pages: 1 [2]