xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Streamin Celebrity Big Brother (uk) To Xbmc  (Read 107 times)

Calibos

• Archived User
Streamin Celebrity Big Brother (uk) To Xbmc
« on: January 05, 2007, 08:34:00 PM »

First off.......

I don't watch this myself....Honest!!

XBMC and bit-torrented US TV shows has been a revelation to my mother. She loves it. She also loves Big Brother UK though.

We signed up for the BBUK 24hour live stream today and as a surprise I would love to be able to get this to stream to the xbox. She would prefer not to have to sit at a PC desk to watch the live streams and I would prefer her not to take over the PC all day either!!

So I got this URL from the java player the site uses to display the video stream.

http://mfile.akamai.com/(5 digit number here)/live/reflector:(Another 5 digit number).asx?bkup=23373

I can paste it into Windows Media Player 11 and it plays fine in a normal Window. So far so good.

However it opens but is garbled in VLC. No point Streaming garbled crap via VLC to xbox. Would this be merely a codec issue or encryption/DRM that VLC can't decode.

Creating a strm file with the URL doesn't work either.

I even tried editing the Dutch/Netherlands Big Brother 2006 script with the URL (I edited the Menu.XML) That stopped the script even running.

Anyone have any ideas how I could get Celebrity BB UK streaming to my mothers XBMC machine??

This post has been edited by Calibos: Jan 6 2007, 04:35 AM