xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xm / Sirius Radio Scripts  (Read 246 times)

cufarley

• Archived User
Xm / Sirius Radio Scripts
« on: August 18, 2005, 07:14:00 PM »

I have an XM account.  I setup a Sirius temp account.  All my other scripts work, so it is not a network issue.  I resolved a DNS issue earlier.  I entered my name/password in the RunSirius.py and opened the "If you want to use a guest account...".

Nothing.  Nada.  Black screen of nothingness.  I tried changing the internet cache to 0, 256, everything.

What the #$#$%# am I doing wrong?  

Did everyone else just enter in their username/password and it worked?

Is it me?

vetteman82

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 12:46:00 PM »

i have a question about this script where do i even enter the username and password, i am fairly new to scripts and so i need some help.  and if i know where to put the username/pass then if i have the same problem i could try to troubleshoot it

cufarley

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 03:14:00 PM »

You open RunXm.py and look for

# SET ME!  SET ME!  SET ME!
USERNAME = ""
PASSWORD = ""

Enter your username and password in between the quotation marks.  Save the file and upload to the Xbox.

Del_Usion

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 04:34:00 PM »

Aside from setting your username and password on the script, setting the unknown internet cache down lower in the XBMC system settings can make a big difference. At the default, 8 meg I think, it would take forever for the audio stream to fill. I set mine to 2 meg and it takes about 30 seconds, but the XM script author reccomends 256k in his readme. I didn't want to go that low just in case. I just can't seem to find a way to make it use the high bandwidth stream because the low bandwidth stream (that appears to be used by the script) doesn't sound the greatest.

cufarley

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 11:04:00 AM »

Thanks for the advice, vetteman82.  Unfortunately, I've changed every cache setting umpteen times with no success.  

This is really frustrating and I really would like to run this script.  I can't believe this is so simple for other people.  I wish some of the script experts would give me an idea on what configuration problems I might have.  

I just updraded to 08-28 XBMC and no joy.

eric96ser

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 09:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(Del_Usion @ Aug 26 2005, 06:38 PM)
Aside from setting your username and password on the script, setting the unknown internet cache down lower in the XBMC system settings can make a big difference. At the default, 8 meg I think, it would take forever for the audio stream to fill. I set mine to 2 meg and it takes about 30 seconds, but the XM script author reccomends 256k in his readme. I didn't want to go that low just in case. I just can't seem to find a way to make it use the high bandwidth stream because the low bandwidth stream (that appears to be used by the script) doesn't sound the greatest.

Where did you change the cache size?  I've looked in cachedhttp and RunXM, and I don't see a place to change the size.

Del_Usion

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 07:34:00 AM »

It's not set on the script itself, it's in the XBMC config menu. Look under System\Cache, and unkonwn internet is the last one listed. I went ahead and set mine down to 256k because of the way it buffers 2mb took too long initially and then had a second long gap the author mentions in his readme. Set a 256k the second gap was much more tolerable.

cufarley

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005, 02:17:00 PM »

I eventually figured out my problem.  It was not a XBMC problem or a XM radio script problem.  The issue was with FlashFXP ftp program configuration.  There was a setting to not overwrite files of the same size.  So, during transfer, some files were overwritten, some were not.  I finally got a clue and deleted everything in the XBMC folder, installed a completely fresh install and then everything worked.  Of course my configuaration for XBMC shares are gone.  What do most people do to save their XMBC config?

Del_Usion

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2005, 02:50:00 PM »

I don't keep my config file from previous versions to eliminate problems with outdated syntax and newly added features, but since I've upgraded frequently I've come up with what works best for me. The share configuration is really the only thing I care about saving, so I copy and paste the shares out of pics, videos, and music that I've set up into the new xml in the appropriate sections, and then I reconfig the rest of the XBMC options, like screen calibration, manually. Since Filezilla has been added I've been keeping that xml as well so that I don't constantly have to fire up the FIlezilla management console to change accounts from defaults, which is kind of a pain.

eric96ser

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2005, 11:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(Del_Usion @ Sep 5 2005, 09:38 AM)
It's not set on the script itself, it's in the XBMC config menu. Look under System\Cache, and unkonwn internet is the last one listed. I went ahead and set mine down to 256k because of the way it buffers 2mb took too long initially and then had a second long gap the author mentions in his readme. Set a 256k the second gap was much more tolerable.

Thanks for the info.  I'll check it out tonight.  I was listening to it this weekend on the xbox and my laptop, and they were playing different songs on the same channels because of the delay.

macwizard

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2006, 06:20:00 PM »

Since I don't know enough Python to get the "XMROforXBMCv0.9.1" to work and the author (NewNole2001) seems to have given up on the project (new job and projects weighing him down), I have just gone ahead and updated the channel guide on the only other XM Radio script I know about that actually still works (XBMCxm 0.1 by highlife). Just grab this file XmBase.zip and replace the one in the original script with it (located in /xm0.1/XmLib/XmBase.py). That will give you the missing/updated channels/genres from the original release.

fatfonzi

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2006, 11:17:00 PM »

Do you guys know how to get the talk stations on sirius to work?

The music channels seem to work great but the talk (howard stern...etc) channels say "problem connecting to sirius backstage tracker".  

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Fatfonzi

fatfonzi

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2006, 09:58:00 PM »

bump!