xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Indie Games get new pricing structure, improved update system  (Read 290 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User

Xbox Indie Games get new pricing structure, improved update system
Posted by XanTium | July 24 21:53 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From xboxindies.com:

Microsoft has begun the transition to Xbox LIVE Indie Games with an update today to the XNA Creator's Club website. The full details of the update can be found in this post, but the parts that really matter to consumers are the following:

* Japanese and German Creators can now submit Indie Games. So hopefully we'll see some of those crazy Japanese shoot-em-ups. Or maybe the next Cave Story will find its way to Xbox LIVE Indie Games.
    * Update notifications! Finally you will get a nice prompt when starting an Xbox LIVE Indie Game if that game has an update. Then you can do a quick update and know you have the latest version.
    * New pricing. Xbox LIVE Indie Games sheds the old pricing system for a new three tier system: 80 MS Points (about $1 USD), 240 MS Points (about $3 USD), and 400 MS Points (about $5 USD). Developers are able to change price as they want, but as is all 200 MS Point games will be automatically moved to the 80 MS Point price point if the developer does not choose another price.

Full Story: xboxindies.com

stormz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 04:00:00 AM »

80 MS points for a halo tshirt- what a rip off. when i heard about game related clothing i thought it would be helmets of armour or somin decent, instead its just the same old clothes with different pictures on. shame

K1LLERHORNET

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 08:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(stormz @ Jul 25 2009, 11:00 AM) View Post

80 MS points for a halo tshirt- what a rip off. when i heard about game related clothing i thought it would be helmets of armour or somin decent, instead its just the same old clothes with different pictures on. shame

yeah - they look pretty lame.

hopefully they'll add some better stuff later.

Gears stuff & i'm in - only to even out my points  wink.gif

trentdadi

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 12:44:00 PM »

Im sure some people will buy it.  Hopefully they add the energy sword.