xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: The Top 10 XNA Community Games Of 2008  (Read 258 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
The Top 10 XNA Community Games Of 2008
« on: December 29, 2008, 04:09:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | December 29 18:09 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From gamasutra.com:

For the first time ever, a major console company has allowed hobbyists to create peer-reviewed console games, and publish them directly onto the console for worldwide download.

Here are XNPlay picks for the top XNA titles released onto the Xbox 360 in 2008, all currently available for download from the console's Community Games section:
10. Galax-E-Mail (BogTurtleStudios) - 200 Point
9. Monaco360 (Cognatus Systems) - 200 Points
8. CaveIn (Johnny Death) - 400 Points
7. Star Pilot (jsmars) - 400 Points
6. Weapon Of Choice (Mommy's Best Games) - 400 Points
5. Hexothermic (David Webb) - 200 Points
4. Duotrix (Caffeine Monster Software/Binary Zoo) - 400 Points
3. Johnny Platform's Biscuit Romp (Ishisoft) - 200 Points
2. Ultratron (Pumpkin Games/Puppy Games) - 400 Points
1. CarneyVale Showtime (Gambit) - 400 Points

Full Story: gamasutra.com

flashfreak

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 05:57:00 PM »

"David Webb"- so Jason Bourne is making games now. Interesting...

clownbow

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 06:10:00 PM »

Community Games are not any where on the dash board to be found. Microsoft = FAIL. If you ask me. They treat us Australians like a 3rd word country at least we are no the ones in a recession. How hard is it to let us AU loyal customer to get content like Community Games. This makes me angry and i think i have to MOD my console just so i can play the community games.

v_lestat

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 08:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(clownbow @ Dec 29 2008, 07:46 PM) View Post

Community Games are not any where on the dash board to be found. Microsoft = FAIL. If you ask me. They treat us Australians like a 3rd word country at least we are no the ones in a recession. How hard is it to let us AU loyal customer to get content like Community Games. This makes me angry and i think i have to MOD my console just so i can play the community games.

i agree its 100% retarded that MS doesnt share those games with everyone.... 100% retarded.
they are only losing business by doing this.
there is no logical business decision behind this, some jerk off, and i mean that, a true jerk off said " oh we better not share these games overseas or some kid will sue us"

bull crap XNA designers signed their life away by giving Ms the game...

InajaD

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 09:18:00 PM »

Hey here's an idea! Move to the US! That way you'll stop crying like a baby because of some feature on NXE! R u serious? Dub MS a failure because there's no community games down under? And the idea of someone saying "not sharing" games is ridiculous! They're not sharing the games, they're distributing them and if it hasn't happened yet in Australia is for some legal issue! One that they may or may not be trying to solve!
Money is money, no matter where you're at, US, Europe, Japan, Australia or wherever!
So believe it or not, NO it is NOT personal, MS does not hate Australia, so stop tripping and start enjoying and chill out a bit!
Peace!

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 07:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(v_lestat @ Dec 30 2008, 03:50 AM) View Post

i agree its 100% retarded that MS doesnt share those games with everyone.... 100% retarded.
there is no logical business decision behind this, some jerk off, and i mean that, a true jerk off said " oh we better not share these games overseas or some kid will sue us"

LOL so you don't understand that every game on Xbox Live has to have a license distributed in it's country, also they have to have age rating verification. It's partly why we have no TV shows in the UK, I don't think the BBC and others are happy to work with MS, it's all mostly down to licensing and money distribution..

SnoopDop

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 10:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(clownbow @ Dec 30 2008, 01:46 AM) View Post

QUOTE(v_lestat @ Dec 30 2008, 03:50 AM) View Post

QUOTE(InajaD @ Dec 30 2008, 04:54 AM) View Post

Hey here's an idea! Move to the US! That way you'll stop crying like a baby because of some feature on NXE! R u serious? Dub MS a failure because there's no community games down under? And the idea of someone saying "not sharing" games is ridiculous! They're not sharing the games, they're distributing them and if it hasn't happened yet in Australia is for some legal issue! One that they may or may not be trying to solve!
Money is money, no matter where you're at, US, Europe, Japan, Australia or wherever!
So believe it or not, NO it is NOT personal, MS does not hate Australia, so stop tripping and start enjoying and chill out a bit!
Peace!

QUOTE(bucko @ Dec 30 2008, 02:52 PM) View Post

LOL so you don't understand that every game on Xbox Live has to have a license distributed in it's country, also they have to have age rating verification. It's partly why we have no TV shows in the UK, I don't think the BBC and others are happy to work with MS, it's all mostly down to licensing and money distribution..

I also DEMAND that Xbox Live and Community games become officially available in my country: The Kingdom of MOROCCO  grr.gif

rebel0815

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 04:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(SnoopDop @ Dec 30 2008, 08:15 PM) View Post

I also DEMAND that Xbox Live and Community games become officially available in my country: The Kingdom of MOROCCO  grr.gif

This Post rocks... lmao
But hey guys in Morocco and Australia... it's no way better here in Germany... and btw... at last you get uncut games...