xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Building Team To Find 360 Cheat Codes - Check In Thread  (Read 1869 times)

ex0r

• Archived User
Building Team To Find 360 Cheat Codes - Check In Thread
« on: December 09, 2010, 01:54:00 PM »

I have a JTAG and would be willling to help fill the database with codes.

jordanpower6

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 03:02:00 AM »

Someone has done this but won't release it.

they finished the XeSearch program to read memory addresses then used Xpowerplay to apply the codes.

ex0r

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 04:11:00 AM »

I downloaded the xesearch code, and am attempting to take a look at it right now. I will see if I can see what is involved in getting it to search addresses and etc to do what we need it to do. I can't remember exactly how action replay used to work, or gameshark, so if you could PM me the functionality, I will see about adding it to the project.

jordanpower6

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 04:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(ex0r @ Dec 10 2010, 01:11 PM) View Post

I downloaded the xesearch code, and am attempting to take a look at it right now. I will see if I can see what is involved in getting it to search addresses and etc to do what we need it to do. I can't remember exactly how action replay used to work, or gameshark, so if you could PM me the functionality, I will see about adding it to the project.

Srry i don't know much about action replay etc other than it hacked memory addresses in RAM Someone i know has been working on Xesearch and has pretty much finished all the coding the only problem is that it keeps freezing when trying to read memory so i am not sure if it will help. however apparently it did work with Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City however i don't have the game to test.

admiralxa

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 02:51:00 PM »

I have been waiting for this.  XPP came out, then stopped.  Xesearch was mentioned then seemed to disappear.  Then I heard FSD 2 would have a trainer system built in and I did not see that either:-(  I like the Ocarina approach on Wii.  A launcher for games can download then apply the codes you want.  People made excuses but if you go on XBL, you get banned anyway, and doubtful you could effect values on XBL servers.  I doubt codes would work on non-modified dashboards anyway.  Still, I think this has existed in the dark but nobody wants to share.  I've waited over a year for this as I mentioned above.  Started even before XPP was announced.

jordanpower6

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 04:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(ex0r @ Dec 10 2010, 01:11 PM) View Post

Here's a quote from Tatsh:

I tried, after converting the project to VS2005. I fixed a number of dependency issues but it still won't compile as it needs a few headers from the newer SDK. So whatever is dependent needs to be backported; everything in the new SDK is just dependent on the old stuff, wrappers and such. So it should not be difficult, but it will take time.

So it is possible to get XeSearch working on VS2005 here is a link that might be useful there is a guide and a program for converting projects to VS2005 which could also help for other versions.

http://www.fsmpi.uni...lution/139.html

The program is in the comments.

jordanpower6

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 05:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(admiralxa @ Dec 10 2010, 11:51 PM) View Post

I have been waiting for this.  XPP came out, then stopped.  Xesearch was mentioned then seemed to disappear.  Then I heard FSD 2 would have a trainer system built in and I did not see that either:-(  I like the Ocarina approach on Wii.  A launcher for games can download then apply the codes you want.  People made excuses but if you go on XBL, you get banned anyway, and doubtful you could effect values on XBL servers.  I doubt codes would work on non-modified dashboards anyway.  Still, I think this has existed in the dark but nobody wants to share.  I've waited over a year for this as I mentioned above.  Started even before XPP was announced.

True but hopefully this will be a step forward all we need now is a way to read the addresses and the more people join the more chance there is it will be done the only problem with XeSearch is getting it to work on lower versions of Visual studio it only seems to work on the newest version sad.gif and the freezing when trying to read memory.

offica1 g33k

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »

I have a dev and i'd be willing to help

Reama

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 08:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(offica1 g33k @ Dec 12 2010, 07:28 PM) View Post

I have a dev and i'd be willing to help

word. I have a dev too and I'd be willing to contribute.

LoveMHz

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 10:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(jordanpower6 @ Dec 11 2010, 07:39 AM) View Post

True but hopefully this will be a step forward all we need now is a way to read the addresses and the more people join the more chance there is it will be done the only problem with XeSearch is getting it to work on lower versions of Visual studio it only seems to work on the newest version sad.gif and the freezing when trying to read memory.

Shouldn't be a problem to get it working in older versions of VS.. Also make sure you have the .data segments values set correctly.

Zoom_Stop

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 10:53:00 AM »

This is great! Lots of interest and plenty of people willing to help. I am especially glad at the number of people who have Dev Kits that are willing to help since most of us only have JTAG's.
jordanpower6's work and progress with XeSearch is awesome, thank you so much for getting that started already!
So just as a really quick (and informal) poll? Where should be collaborate at? In a thread here on X-S? As a group on Google Code? IRC with meeting times? Just let me know your thoughts.
I wanted to let the plea for help stand for a week before closing the request. So on Friday I'll notify everyone that expressed interest via PM and announce where we will work from.
Very excited!

admiralxa

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 02:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(Zoom_Stop @ Dec 14 2010, 10:53 AM) View Post

This is great! Lots of interest and plenty of people willing to help. I am especially glad at the number of people who have Dev Kits that are willing to help since most of us only have JTAG's.
jordanpower6's work and progress with XeSearch is awesome, thank you so much for getting that started already!
So just as a really quick (and informal) poll? Where should be collaborate at? In a thread here on X-S? As a group on Google Code? IRC with meeting times? Just let me know your thoughts.
I wanted to let the plea for help stand for a week before closing the request. So on Friday I'll notify everyone that expressed interest via PM and announce where we will work from.
Very excited!

Good job guys, I hope to see some trainers and easy-to-use ones at that.

jordanpower6

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 08:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(Zoom_Stop @ Dec 14 2010, 07:53 PM) View Post

Very excited!

Can't wait for memory hacking on the XBOX 360 i am going to buy or download  muhaha.gif  Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City at the weekend which should help with tests as XeSearch works with it.  

jordanpower6

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 07:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(madasahat @ Dec 16 2010, 04:03 AM) View Post

deadrising 2 had a trainer the first one i had ever seen on a jtag, it needed the plugin for  dashlaucnch but it worked well

I think that trainer modded part of the XEX.  

Reama

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 10:14:00 AM »

Reminds me of the days of EvoX. I miss those days sad.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8