xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Xm360 2.0a Public Release  (Read 1450 times)

node21

• Archived User
Xm360 2.0a Public Release
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 07:33:00 PM »

Okay...I haven't tried 360 to 360 in quite some time, since I use the server for everything...I'll see if I can figure out what's going on in there...

ZBeeblebrox

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 09:48:00 PM »

Just for shits and giggles, I turned off the "Content Patch" (thanks to Dashlaunch 2.0's new easy setting in the ini file) to see if that changed anything, but it doesn't. The console still shuts down (this is the new default behavior of Dashlaunch when presented with a "Fatal Error" according to their documentation).
A little more info on the activity just pre-crash:
The crash occurs a few seconds after the "button" with the IP of the other system is clicked. All of the XBLA on the screen at the time are marked with the "L" for local, and the USB drive scanning seems to begin. Then the screen glitches (text blurs and moves a little to the side/half of screen goes blank/random garbage) and the system shuts down/reboots.
If there is any other info I can give, or any testing I can help with, just let me know.

bidrug

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 02:05:00 AM »

mine reboots just for launching it, black screen, will never scan/make the index...

node21

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 06:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(ZBeeblebrox @ Sep 16 2010, 11:48 PM) *

If there is any other info I can give, or any testing I can help with, just let me know.

Nah, this one will probably end up being trivial once I can make it happen in my dev environment.  I'll be trying that this weekend.

QUOTE(bidrug @ Sep 17 2010, 04:05 AM) *

mine reboots just for launching it, black screen, will never scan/make the index...

Sounds like a bad install/bad download/bad something...this issue has never been reported by anyone else.

xboxhaxorz

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 10:03:00 AM »

yes mine just crashes when i do box to box even if the 2nd box is at freestyle dash and not xm360. i am using 1.8 i will try 1.9 and check.

the purpose of xmserver is? isnt that the same thing as flashfxp?

xboxhaxorz

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2010, 04:48:00 PM »

just put dashlaunch 2 on both boxes and set it to stay on during crash

used the latest xm360 on both boxes, as soon as it find a connection it freezes
i tried it both boxes
if i start a connection on a box and then turn the other box and as soon as it gets to the dashboard the xbox that initiated the connection freezes

i am not sure why but thats my problem

would the ping patch have anything to do with this?

ZBeeblebrox

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 06:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxhaxorz @ Sep 17 2010, 06:48 PM) *

would the ping patch have anything to do with this?

I tried disabling the ping patch and the unlicensed content patch to see if maybe they were the issue. Still freezing, so I'm thinking it's not them. It may be Dashlaunch itself, but I don't really feel like building and flashing another freeboot image to test it. Node21 said he'd check it out over the weekend on his new DevKit, which is awesome of him to do, though I'd much rather have a new version of FreestyleDash to play with than a fixed XM360 (hint, hint). ;^)

node21

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2010, 08:27:00 AM »

reproduced.  Easy fix.

xboxhaxorz

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2010, 10:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(node21 @ Sep 18 2010, 10:27 AM) View Post

reproduced.  Easy fix.

on your end, or ours?

i actually prefer the old style freestyle than the new. but maybe just cause its in beta.

node21

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2010, 01:52:00 PM »

My end, I'll have to make a new release and get it to the "beta testers."  Probably tomorrow.

tstein

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2010, 10:12:00 AM »

I could use a little help.  I haven't been keeping up with XM360 versions, so I am probably doing something wrong.  FYI, just sent a donation as well...thanks for your continued effort.

So, my 360 has a ton of content on the USB drive.  I'd like to setup the server and keep the two in sync.  Awesome feature.

My XBOX config looks like:
CODE

# config file for xm360 ("xm360.cfg")
# XM360 looks for this file first in Hdd1:\config\xm360  (Hdd1:\config\xm360\xm360.cfg)
# if it can't find it there, it falls back to game:\xm360.cfg

## DLC_IGNORE_PATH is the path where the file "dlc_excludes.csv" will be read/written
## DLC_REPORT_PATH is the path where the file "dlc_report.txt" will be written
## DLC_TITLES_PATH is the path where the file "dlc_titles.csv" will be read (used to override the built in version)

## XBLA_IGNORE_PATH is the path where the file "xbla_excludes.csv" will be read/written
## XBLA_REPORT_PATH is the path where the file "xbla_report.txt" will be written
## XBLA_TITLES_PATH is the path where the file "xbla_titles.csv" will be read (used to override the built in version)

## The available prefixes are Hdd1:, usb: (first found mounted usb device), usb0:, usb1:, usb2:, usbmu0:, usbmu1:)
## in all cases, the default value is usb:\
## only the TITLES_PATH values will fall back to the built in version if nothing is found

## New in version 1.5 is REPORT_PATH which supercedes XBLA_REPORT_PATH and DLC_REPORT_PATH
## It allows a single definition for all report paths, including Game Saves.
## XBLA and DLC_REPORT_PATH are still understood, and will override REPORT_PATH which defaults to usb:

REPORT_PATH = usb:

DLC_IGNORE_PATH = usb:
#DLC_IGNORE_PATH = hdd1:\config\xm360

#DLC_REPORT_PATH = usb:

XBLA_IGNORE_PATH = usb:
#XBLA_IGNORE_PATH = hdd1:\config\xm360

#XBLA_REPORT_PATH = usb:

## User and Password for the ftpd.  If config isn't found, xbox/xbox will be used/
FTP_USER = xbox
FTP_PASS = xbox

## TIME_SERVER_IP is the IP to connect to to find out the current time.
## TIME_SERVER_IP default if this entry isn't found is 131.107.13.100
## Make it empty to skip setting the time
TIME_SERVER_IP = 131.107.13.100
#TIME_SERVER_IP =

## EXTRA_XBLA_SEARCH_PATH will be search for XBLA in addition to the built in places
## trailing slash will be trimmed if it is there
## the default value is empty  
#EXTRA_XBLA_SEARCH_PATH =

## Configuration of other 360s to find looks like this.
## The label is optional (but displayed in the UI if provided)
## The login and password is optional (both default to 'xbox')
## The port is optional (and will default to 21)
## Whatever is after the last underscore ('_') has to be unique for each connection
## It is fine to configure ALL of your boxes (including the local one) since XM360 will filter out the local one.
## That makes it easy to share your xm360.cfg on all of your boxes.
OTHER_XBOX_FTP_LABEL_1 = Server
OTHER_XBOX_FTP_IP_1 = 192.168.1.101
OTHER_XBOX_FTP_LOGIN_1 = xbox
OTHER_XBOX_FTP_PASS_1 = xbox
OTHER_XBOX_FTP_PORT_1 = 21

#OTHER_XBOX_FTP_LABEL_2 = Family Room
#OTHER_XBOX_FTP_IP_2 = 192.168.0.104
#OTHER_XBOX_FTP_LOGIN_2 = xbox
#OTHER_XBOX_FTP_PASS_2 = xbox

#OTHER_XBOX_FTP_LABEL_3 = Office
#OTHER_XBOX_FTP_IP_3 = 192.168.0.106
#OTHER_XBOX_FTP_LOGIN_3 = xbox
#OTHER_XBOX_FTP_PASS_3 = xbox

## Horizontal and Verticle overscan can be specified.  If they aren't found, they default to 0
#H_OVERSCAN = 10
#V_OVERSCAN = 0

## CONTENT_BIN_PATH specifies where the content.bin file is stored.  It defaults to "game:"
#CONTENT_BIN_PATH = hdd1:\config\xm360

And my server config looks like:
CODE

# The following drives can be defined Hdd1, Usb0, Usb1, Usb2, MemUnit0, MemUnit1, OnBoardMU, UsbMU0, UsbMU0Cache, UsbMU1, UsbMU1Cache

# At least one drive must be defined otherwise nothing is going to work.  I suggest defining Hdd1 at least.
# Absolute paths like c:\foo and UNC paths like \\server\share\path are both supported.
# You shouldn't nest them, or you will end up with duplicates.  In other words, don't define Usb0 to be a branch of Hdd1

#DEFINE_HDD1 = \\share\public\console images\xbox360\jtag

DEFINE_HDD1 = D:\Content Server
#DEFINE_USB0 = e:\temp\USB

#CONTENT_BIN_PATH must be defined as an xbox 360 path, it defaults to Hdd1:\
CONTENT_BIN_PATH = Usb0:\Content\

#
# The FTP user, password and port can be defined, but they will default to xbox, xbox, 21 otherwise
#
#FTP_USER = xbox
#FTP_PASSWORD = xbox
#FTP_PORT = 212

I can connect from the XBOX just fine.  I then go to do the initial "Push" from the xbox.  Each item in the content window shows "Queued".  One by one it looks like it is uploading to the server.  After about 4 or 5, the XBOX reboots.  On the server, I don't see any messages in the DOS window.  The location for where I want my content to go shows a "content.bin" only.

What have I obviously done wrong?

node21

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2010, 10:27:00 AM »

Thanks for the donation!

I don't know what would cause the reboot...but here's what you've obviously done wrong....

The path on the "server" where files get stored MUST mirror the exact path that they reside on the 360.

In your case, you indicated that your content is on USB:, but your server config doesn't have a drive mapping for that device (it's commented out near the top).  Give the server some idea of where it should store USB: content, and it should all be fine.

-node

tstein

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2010, 11:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(node21 @ Sep 19 2010, 11:27 AM) View Post

Thanks for the donation!

I don't know what would cause the reboot...but here's what you've obviously done wrong....

The path on the "server" where files get stored MUST mirror the exact path that they reside on the 360.

In your case, you indicated that your content is on USB:, but your server config doesn't have a drive mapping for that device (it's commented out near the top).  Give the server some idea of where it should store USB: content, and it should all be fine.

-node

Ahhh, ok.  For whatever reason, I interpreted the options in the configuration as only requiring ONE location.  So I've now defined a HDD1 and USB location on my server.

The files are now copying with no issues so far so that appears to have resolved the reset issue.

Thanks

Tatsh

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2010, 05:09:00 PM »

Thank you for this excellent software. This is the best FTP server for 360 IMO. So fast. I always use it instead of anything else when I need to FTP in stuff. On average, 16 MB/s uploading to my 360 HDD (wired network). FileZilla is the client I use most of the time (on Gentoo Linux).

tstein

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2010, 02:07:00 PM »

Is it possible to sync up two content locations on the xbox to one server location?

My XBLA content is on the USB, whereas the DLC and Updates are on the internal HDD.  My XBLA syncs just fine.  My Content is located:

Usb0:\Content      (XBLA Here)
Hdd1:\Content      (DLC)
Hdd1:\Cache      (Title Updates)  

Is there a way to add three CONTENT_BIN_PATH locations or something?

My server config looks
CODE

DEFINE_HDD1 = D:\Content Server\HDD
DEFINE_USB0 = D:\Content Server\USB
CONTENT_BIN_PATH = Usb0:\Content\

Things may have changed, but back when I first JTAG'd, DLC and Title Updates HAD to be on the internal HDD and XBLA could be located on the external USB drive.  Hence my seperation of content
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11