xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Easy Freeboot  (Read 863 times)

Martinchris23

• Archived User
Easy Freeboot
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2010, 07:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(dacore84 @ May 10 2010, 12:09 PM) View Post

You are saying this app caused those problems??

Yes, with a Zephyr board. I've used it with Xenon, Falcon and Jasper boards with no problems.

The moment I built it manually it worked first time.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
Easy Freeboot
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2010, 04:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(thejipster @ May 10 2010, 10:53 PM) View Post

I always build it manually.  It isn't that hard.
Plus if your NAND has bad blocks, I found NONE of the tools available today would handle it properly.
I have tried Pigs, Easy Freeboot, etc..

I actually prefer building it manually so that I know which portion is giving me issues.

Typically, with bad blocks in nand, you need to get/generate the proper SMC.bin file.

Look at this thread http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=712096

I prefer building the image too, just in the interests of testing these apps and giving feedback, I like to run them through. No, there were no bad blocks either.

And you need to edit your post (or reply at least) that the values listed are only applicable for small block NANDs - you need to substitute the 1 with an 8 for big block NANDs. And you're not generating the SMC.bin file either, so don't go confusing people.

• Archived User
Easy Freeboot
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2010, 04:45:00 PM »

Hi Guys,

I'm attempting to update to latest freeboot, with dash launch patches and have a question.

Currently running Freeboot on a Falcon and i dumped my Nand via Xellous http interface.  Got 360 Flash Tool and extracted the smc_dec.bin from the nand dump.

Can i used this smc.bin when creating Freeboot image ?  I'm just using 9199 dash in the data dir of Freeboot...some tutorials where saying to use 8955 or an earlier dash...does it make a difference ?  I'm currently on 9199 btw.  Just want to be sure before trying this.

Thanks !

• Archived User
Easy Freeboot
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2010, 11:53:00 PM »

..Bump
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]