xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nxe Conversion Help  (Read 39 times)

Holy_Diver1234

• Archived User
Nxe Conversion Help
« on: February 03, 2020, 01:21:00 PM »

So I had a friend jtag my old xbox with a broken DVD drive, (he removed it an put fans and heat sinks in for me) so from the get go I have no DVD drive. So to get games backed up what we did was use his unmodded xbox to rip the games to the Xbox HDD (nxe), and then attached the harddrive to my Jtag console and just copied my backed up games onto the external harddrive (thinking everything would go well) The files are broken into .data files, they cannot be played with xemenu or frestyle dash, i dont know what to do with them, iv tried fixing them with le fluffie, with no results.

So I'm just wondering if we screwed this up royally and theres no hope, or if theirs a way to convert these .Data files into an .iso or GOD or something like that to be able to use them with Freestyle Dash or Xemenu. Would it work if i ripped my games to my friends harddrive then patched them with nex2god THEN transfered them to my external ?

Im extremely confused and frustrated with this situation, any help you could offer would be appreciated.

dstruktiv

• Archived User
Nxe Conversion Help
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 02:32:00 PM »

Files ripped via NXE and/or converted with tools like NXE2GOD/ISO2GOD need to be run from an internal hdd at the moment.

Your options are:

1: Use Le Fluffie to extract disc image from the .data files then extract the contents of the disc image to a folder, copy to your external hdd, then use homebrew dash or quickboot to launch them.

2: Plug your external drive in to the onboard sata port (Preferable imo cause much faster read/write speeds) and just launch them as normal from NXE.

Holy_Diver1234

• Archived User
Nxe Conversion Help
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 02:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(dstruktiv @ Feb 28 2010, 10:32 PM) View Post

Your options are:

1: Use Le Fluffie to extract disc image from the .data files then extract the contents of the disc image to a folder, copy to your external hdd, then use homebrew dash or quickboot to launch them.

When i extract the file using Le fluffie, all i get is a single file with no extension, how do I extract the data that i need from that ? using le fluffie, or another program ?  and thanks for the info on the external HDD, i might just go buy a sata hdd and put it in my xbox if this works out.