xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Xbox360 Iso Extract Version 0.6 (with Ftp Support)  (Read 784 times)

snart

• Archived User
Xbox360 Iso Extract Version 0.6 (with Ftp Support)
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2010, 04:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(hcaa @ Aug 25 2010, 06:43 AM) *

AVG flags it as a trojan! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

AVG is horrible. It flags EVERYTHING as a trojan.

Back to the topic....this is my favorite extraction program.

danthaman673

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2010, 06:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(snart @ Aug 26 2010, 07:40 AM) View Post

AVG is horrible. It flags EVERYTHING as a trojan.

Back to the topic....this is my favorite extraction program.

Most xextool based stuff will appear as such because it most likely contains at least a rainbow table (heurisctic)

:-)

If anyone has had great success with this app pls let us know...

Brgds/Dan

ImRickJamesB1tch

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2010, 08:56:00 AM »

Well Dan I did 125 iso's with teh previous version without any issues what so ever. The recursive iso searching izs awesome biggrin.gif

death69inc

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »

AVG will not let me have this dang proggie
"AVG is horrible. It flags EVERYTHING as a trojan. then what to use as they all suck

cant wait to try this thing out didnt know there was previous multi vers somehow missed it
uninstalling avg now

This post has been edited by death69inc: Aug 27 2010, 03:33 AM

deilzfcjk

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2010, 03:51:00 AM »

I will try this tool out too. It seems that this was what i was searching for all along. i don't know how I did it before. I guess I used FreeXex to rip my games from the 360 back in January. I haven't really been playing any games on my JTAG. lol Too busy with life!

BrickNIvy

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2010, 03:21:00 PM »

So I've been trying to get this to work as I have all of my isos on an external drive and I'm trying to extract them to play on the JTAG.  This is the first version of this program that I have attempted to use and it seems as though nothing is working.  If anyone cares to glance at this or directly me to a step by step tutorial that would be great!

1.  Start Program
2.  Click "Choose ISO Folder"
3.  Go to COMPUTER, DRIVE I (my external), XBOX 360 GAMES (Where all of my game zips, isos, files, etc are located) and click OK
4.  Program asks if I want to flush the queue and I click YES
5.  I then get a list of about 30 isos and uncheck them all except I:\Xbox 360 Games\MLB.2K10.USA.XBOX360-DComics\dmsx-m2m2\dmsx-m2m2.iso
6.  Then I click "CHOOSE DESTINATION FOLDER" and select USB0 (G drive which is my other external I connect to my JTAG 360) and select the GAMES folder (where all of my previously extracted isos are currently working on my JTAG 360) and click OK.
7.  I then click the green colored "GO" (after I click GO then button turns from green to red color)
8.  Screen says "starting iso-batch extraction"
9.  Additional information says dmsx-m2m2[dmsx-m2m2.iso] will be extracted to G:\GAMES\dmsx-m2m2
10.  Nothing seems to be happening after that.  Above the red colored "GO" button says "0/1 ISOs"

Any thoughts/help or a link to a step by step tutorial would be appreciated!

THANKS in advance.

somski

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2010, 04:31:00 AM »

After clicking on the GO button, try to look into the directory where you wanted to extract it to. While extracting one file there is no status message. So it might work, you just don't notice it. Just look if the filesize grows.

ImRickJamesB1tch

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2010, 12:38:00 AM »

Hi somski,

Any chance you could add in the ability to upload directly to via FTP?

That would be awesome!

Thanks smile.gif

ImRickJamesB1tch

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2010, 05:11:00 AM »

Some more error handling. Get the same exception if you do the following:

Open XBOX360ISOExtract.exe
Don't select iso folder or destination
untick recursive and delete iso
Click rescan and you will get an exception.

Open XBOX360ISOExtract.exe
Don't select iso folder or destination
untick recursive and delete iso
Click "Choose ISO Folder" then click cancel and you will get an exception.

(IMG:http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9409/81422825.png)

somski

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »

should be fixed now.

new version in the first post

This post has been edited by somski: Oct 9 2010, 06:46 PM

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2010, 11:12:00 AM »

somski you know you can do on the fly extraction with the ISO to FTP with exiso to save time extracting then copying contents right?

also: those having issues with AVG, check out Microsoft Security Essentials, ten times better and wont flag files as virus incorrectly. I am a tech by day and 90% of the virus infection removals I go out to houses for are people wiht AVG, its really junk software.

Nice job on the app =)

This post has been edited by ILLusions0fGrander: Oct 10 2010, 06:22 PM

joliverio

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2010, 11:46:00 AM »

Unfortunately all these great apps are always lack of instructions, that's make almost anybody to use it.... Don't blame I am a noob, I am not. I just think who develop some apps should at least try to explain how to use it. Basically all Free60 apps are lacking of instructions, making everyone begging for "how to use it"

keine

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2010, 12:47:00 PM »

Can I make a suggestion for the next release. I use the program almost daily, and it works fantastic.

Could you implement a check all/ uncheck all check box above all the other check boxes? I check this box to uncheck all the boxes or check them all. I need this, as sometimes I only want to select one iso out of the entire scanned directory, but they are all checked by default.

Thanks again for the great app.

somski

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2010, 12:49:00 PM »

Yes exiso supports uploading ftp and that's what I'm using wink.gif So no locale extraction before uploading to ftp. I just added the ability to directly ftp it to your xbox (it wasn't in the gui before). But to remove the $SystemUpdate folder the program is logging into the console and deletes it then. So it's not "only" done by exiso.

I thought it would be clear how to use it .. but here you go:
1. click on "choose ISO-Folder" and select a directory where your isos are located in.
   e.g. you have games in Y:\Console\Medal.of.Honor  ,  Y:\Console\Enslaved ... than you would select Y:\Console
2. you choose between ftp mode or locale extract mode (checkbox with ftp next to it).
3. with ftp you choose your xbox ip adress
    and as destination for example \hdd1\Games
    without ftp you can press on the button to choose a directory or type it in by hand
4. you hit the rescan button
5. you can rearrange the extraction queue (right click and drag and drop)
6. you can rename the game names (in the name column by pressing F2 or double clicking) this will be used as full path e.g. you used as destination \hdd1\Games and the game name you choose was Medal.Of.Honor than the full path would be \hdd1\Games\Medal.Of.Honor
7.optional: if an iso was found that you don't want to extract hit the checkbox in front of the name to deselect it (it won't get extracted then)
8 optional: deselect delete $SystemUpdate and/or select delete iso
9. next you hit go
10. lean back and let the software do the rest. Now it shows you the current status (statusbars at the bottom).

To get more information on the current extraction you can go to the current tab. (but attention this won't be updated everytime a file gets extracted/uploaded. To force that change between global log and current from time to time (or wait until a few more files got extracted). This is due to some speed problems I encountered ... might be fixed in the next version

hope that makes it clear... have fun with the tool smile.gif

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2010, 03:25:00 PM »

Good deal - I was in touch with the exiso creator and he told me what needs to be done to simply ignore the $SystemUpdate folder but after making changes I cannot compile in VS 2008, would be nice to just ignore the folder altogether, maybe if you want I could PM you the email he sent me and you could get it to compile and share? The issue I think was that it updated the project for 2008, if you use an older VS maybe it would compile without error?

This post has been edited by ILLusions0fGrander: Oct 10 2010, 10:32 PM
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8