xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Xbox360 Iso Extract Version 0.6 (with Ftp Support)  (Read 781 times)

somski

• Archived User
Xbox360 Iso Extract Version 0.6 (with Ftp Support)
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 03:47:00 PM »

uh.. what would be the reason to do so? If you can tell me, I may implement it - but I really can't think of one

reddevilmeuk

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 12:11:00 PM »

Just wanted to thank you for this great app.... used it on 179 games and had 0 errors....

smile.gif

red

jb0007

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2010, 12:41:00 PM »

for have more organized hd directory

The best could be if its create a directory with title name of the game

jb0007

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 12:57:00 PM »

for have more organized hd directory

The best could be if its create a directory with title name of the game

somski

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 03:48:00 AM »

it names the directory like you named the directory where the iso is located in. So why not simply name the directory correct where you put your iso?^^

angel129116

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 08:07:00 AM »

Thanks for this, seems awesome!

Can't wait to c it update and grow.

SlickWilly440

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 04:56:00 AM »

This is by far the best extraction tool for 360 iso.  

However, for those who use this program frequently, it is repetitive to have to select the iso and destination folder each time the program is executed, especially when the user selects the same exact folders each time.

To simplify implementation would it be possible to add two check boxes, one for saving the iso folder location and one for saving the destination location?  Then the check box options  could possibly saved to a text file and is loaded each time the program is executed (The delete iso check box should probably always default to unchecked). The folder locations could be saved to the text file as well.

Also did anyone have trouble extracting Saints Row, this program only seems extracts the .mp3 files and such and not all the files in the iso, and the program saids the extraction was successful.  

Other Suggested Features/Improvements
------------------------------------------------
*Display the size of all the files in each iso.

*Display the total size of all the files for all the checked iso's

*Check to see if the extract destination has enough space and display a message if not enough space. (I haven't run into the issue of not having enough space, so might already be implemented)

*Consistent capitalization and naming conventiions on program labels/buttons/etc

*Automatically scan the iso folder when the folder is selected, or scan that folder upon execution if the location was previously saved.

*A visual indication that the top and lower display panel can be adjusted up and down (maybe a lined bar).

*"files: 0" and "isos: 0/0" indicators be placed directly next to or on top of their respective progress bars.

* A check to see if an iso folder has been selected when the "Go" button is pressed, otherwise display a message.

*Remove dummy files (I don't know if there is a standard way that dummy files are created, but Saints Row has two dummy files that saids "Layer0Filler" and "Layer1Filler".

*Flip the positions of the choose destination and iso folder buttons and close the gap between them (and widen the gap between those two buttons and the scan button), or just remove the text for those buttons and make them smaller and move them next to their respective folder location text fields.  The second option would free up some space on the left side of the screen to add more options/status messages.

I hope these suggestion prove useful.  Also, I'm not trying to be dictative or anything like that, but just wanted to give some feedback.

ProSharen

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 02:18:00 PM »

link dead

lolzerstakes

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 05:35:00 AM »

dead link. can anyone reup?

xbones

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2010, 08:44:00 PM »

is there another place to get this app or a newer version?

Shrimpkebab

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2010, 06:20:00 PM »

can anyone provde a link?
is the project dead?

This looks great and would be much easier to use than xbox image browser on my x64

Shrimpkebab

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2010, 06:33:00 PM »

TerrifiedModder

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2010, 02:33:00 PM »

Wow. Great work somski. I was looking for an application working in Linux and this command worked:
wine exiso.exe -x file.iso

But I bet this is possible using a native Linuxbased CLI-tool, but I haven't find that yet.

The only thing I miss is some progressbar in percent so I know it's not stuck, but low priority.

TerrifiedModder

TerrifiedModder

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2010, 04:11:00 PM »

Too late to edit, so I have to make another post.

This command works like a charm:
wine exiso.exe -x /path/to/filename.iso

It's creating a folder named filename.

But this command fails:
wine exiso.exe -x /path/to/filename.000

Output:
unable to create directory /path/to/filename.000: File exsist
failed to extract xbox iso image /path/to/filename.000

I compared output using:
file filename.iso and filename.000 and the output was identical, so I just tried to rename .000 to .iso and that worked. I don't know if this is effects the GUI.

TerrifiedModder

This post has been edited by TerrifiedModder: Apr 16 2010, 11:22 PM

ubiquish

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2010, 05:34:00 AM »

Sorry if this is (arguably) off-topic, but a quick reply to TM's post below:

QUOTE(TerrifiedModder @ Apr 16 2010, 03:33 PM) View Post

But I bet this is possible using a native Linuxbased CLI-tool, but I haven't find that yet.

The only thing I miss is some progressbar in percent so I know it's not stuck, but low priority.

I was looking for the same thing a week or so ago, and ran across this (below) -- seems to be a port of an older (xbox 1) dvd extraction program (updated to work with Xbox 360).  It compiled and ran quite well on Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic/AMD64) fwiw.  For people comfortable with the command line, most of the requests (for this option or that option, etc) are available in this guy's port -- sorry I don't have a direct link to the code, but I bookmarked the page where he listed where to download it:

http://www.xboxhacke...?topic=13553.20

It's called extract-xiso.  I haven't been around the "scene" long enough to know if this is a remake of a popular tool, or even if it's just a port of *this* tool, so hope I'm not stepping on any toes by pointing you in this direction.  Anyway, worked for me (sans Wine) and it's been my go-to extraction tool ever since.

Cheers, hope that helps.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8