xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Schtrom360Xtract V4.1  (Read 175 times)

Alteza

• Archived User
Schtrom360Xtract V4.1
« on: January 31, 2013, 11:13:00 AM »

Hi,

I've been told this app is the best to extract isos from XBOX360 dvd game discs.

I tryed, and I keep getting an error in almost every option:

"Can't read alt pfi"

I don't know much of this, but Should I flash my dvd device or someting to be able to just read it?

Am I doing anything wrong?

If not, can you guys recomend me any other app?

Best regards.

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Schtrom360Xtract V4.1
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 04:14:00 AM »

Schtrom360Xtract V4.1
Posted by XanTium | October 18 06:14 EST | News Category: Xbox360

Schtrom released a new version of Schtrom360Xtract(info), a tool that will allow you to easily dump Xbox/Xbox360 gamedata, extract/patch the Security Sectors, PFI and DMI and fully prepare the image for burning in 1 step.

What's new/fixed:
* support for iXtreme V1.6
* stealth check updated to work with wave 3 and wave 4 games, the wave type is now displayed
* new Correct SS V1 option added in options dialog for XBOX360 discs. This option is deactivated by default, you need to enable it in the options dialog. If activated this option does correct the security sector at disc extraction, image extraction/injection and also during the stealth check. Pay attention that the stealth check will already fail if one challenge/response byte starting at offset 0x200 has a different value than the calculated ss V1. Keep in mind that this will only correct the security sector based on version 1. At the moment no ss version 2 games are out. But if MS is changing to ss V2 it is recommended to deactivate this option until an update of S360X is released. On iXtreme V1.6 firmware and XBOX360 backup disc extraction the Correct SS V1 option is always used no matter what is selected in the options dialog. This is because I haven't found a way until today to read the ss with C/R data from a XBOX360 backup disc on the new iXtreme V1.6 firmware.
* defaut XBOX360 drive speeds changed for better error correction TS-H943A, VAD6038 and DG-16D2S set to 12x. During tests with the new iXtreme V1.6 it seems that scratched discs have less read errors with increased speeds on XBOX360 drives.
* Send Custom CDB dialog buffer size field changed to support also hexadecimal values. The cdb cmd presets are now changed to hexadecimal values. Three new presets for LiteOn DG-16D2S iXtreme V1.6 fw added.
* inquiry detection of retail XBOX360 drives added. This gives you the opportunity to test cdb cmds on retail drives if your atapi.sys is patched. The patching of atapi.sys has to be done by yourself.
* fixed bug in directory listing for XDVDFS dialog on newer games like Damnation and Batman: Arkham Asylum, games can now be viewed and extracted correctly
* stealth.ini updated

Official Site: n/a, by Schtrom
Download: here
Full Readme: xbins.org

logicwatch

• Archived User
Schtrom360Xtract V4.1
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 04:30:00 AM »

wave 4 wow that was quick  ! thanks  !   biggrin.gif

K1LLERHORNET

• Archived User
Schtrom360Xtract V4.1
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 05:45:00 AM »

Awesome =D

joliverio

• Archived User
Schtrom360Xtract V4.1
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 07:06:00 AM »

Schtrom;

Many thanks for this app!

I have a question;

Which database this app uses to check the CRC? I am curious to know if it is the same as ABGX database or if it is from other sources

Eluder

• Archived User
Schtrom360Xtract V4.1
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 08:11:00 AM »

I'm confused as to what the Correct SS V1 option does and whether or not it should be enabled.  blink.gif

jester

• Archived User
Schtrom360Xtract V4.1
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 04:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(Eluder @ Oct 18 2009, 09:11 AM) View Post

I'm confused as to what the Correct SS V1 option does and whether or not it should be enabled.  blink.gif

- new Correct SS V1 option added in options dialog for XBOX360 discs
  This option is deactivated by default, you need to enable it in the options dialog.
  If activated this option does correct the security sector at disc extraction, image
  extraction/injection and also during the stealth check. Pay attention that the stealth
  check will already fail if one challenge/response byte starting at offset 0x200 has a
  different value than the calculated ss V1. Keep in mind that this will only correct the
  security sector based on version 1. At the moment no ss version 2 games are out. But
  if MS is changing to ss V2 it is recommended to deactivate this option until an update
  of S360X is released. On iXtreme V1.6 firmware and XBOX360 backup disc extraction the
  Correct SS V1 option is always used no matter what is selected in the options dialog.
  This is because I haven't found a way until today to read the ss with C/R data from a
  XBOX360 backup disc on the new iXtreme V1.6 firmware.

Eluder

• Archived User
Schtrom360Xtract V4.1
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 09:07:00 PM »

Ya, I read that, I just didn't understand any of it...

drkoolbeanz

• Archived User
Schtrom360Xtract V4.1
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 09:22:00 PM »

So this is used by people that enjoy the jtag hack and don't want to update to the new dashboard that's in wave4 but still play the new games?

"a tool that will allow you to easily dump Xbox/Xbox360 gamedata, extract/patch the Security Sectors, PFI and DMI...."

This post has been edited by drkoolbeanz: Oct 19 2009, 04:26 AM

wulfie

• Archived User
Schtrom360Xtract V4.1
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 11:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(drkoolbeanz @ Oct 18 2009, 11:22 PM) View Post

So this is used by people that enjoy the jtag hack and don't want to update to the new dashboard that's in wave4 but still play the new games?

"a tool that will allow you to easily dump Xbox/Xbox360 gamedata, extract/patch the Security Sectors, PFI and DMI...."

no, it's used to rip 360 retail dvds and I still say that xbc is better, it supports wave4 just fine

Torb

• Archived User
Schtrom360Xtract V4.1
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 11:27:00 AM »

I'd like someone explaining how to use this... i want to make some backups but i don't know where to start.. any guide or help? (ofc i have my xbox flashed , etc)

jac38

• Archived User
Schtrom360Xtract V4.1
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 08:02:00 AM »

Hi. I use the 4.1 version in XDVDFS XTR S360X mode. I know how to use the program with 1 disc to a HDD but I need to know what to do when there are 2 or more discs?

I tried several diffrent methods but is not successful. If I just place Disc 1 and Disc 2 in separate folders the xbox 360 just askes to put nr 2 in the disc drive and will not read it on the HDD. If I just use the program and place the second in the same folder as the first it reads it like it is only nr 2. I also used the "inject" option hoping it should put them together in a better working way but that didn't help either....

Anyone who can help in this matter?

Regards
jac38