xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: 360 Modification Disc v1.53  (Read 1026 times)

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
360 Modification Disc v1.53
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2009, 09:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(wulfie @ Apr 23 2009, 02:11 AM) View Post

Is there going to be a v1.54 once ixtreme 1.6 comes out?  wink.gif

Yep, except it won't be called v1.54, it will be called '360 Modification Disc v1.6'.

I plan to update this disc every time a new firmware comes out, and the version of the disc will usually follow the version of the firmware. (to prevent confusion)

v1.52/1.53 are based on v1.51 firmware, they just got new versions due to necessary improvements/fixes to the original v1.51 version. happy.gif

QUOTE(carlitoB @ Apr 23 2009, 08:05 AM) View Post

thanks frosty for nice iso.

i have an acer t180 amd64x2 with onboard sata i have always used for my fw flashing. never had windows freezing problems until the liteon drives came along.
my system freezes in windows with jungleflasher with liteons so obviously went the dos route to do the actual flash, hence using 360moddisc.

so, last night i was playing around with Jungleflasher0155b, DVDkey32, dummy.bin's etc (not flashing, just playing) and have got myself slightly worried.
my problem is when comparing the IXTREME.BIN saved in LONFILES (which i assume is whats flashed to the liteon drive with 360moddisc) with the FW i would
come up with using jungleflsher are different. In jungleflasher if you select advanced view on firmwaretool32 and load the IXTREME.BIN from LONFILES, the
identify (tab3) and drive serial (tab4) are different to the fw i would come up when fw building in windows.

e.g from identify tab:-

LONFILES IXTREME.BIN

58C0  LPSD    GD
1-D6S2        
my dummy.bin

850C  PLDS    DG
-16D2S          
..x.x...x.......
............h.@.
e.g from drive serial tab:-

LONFILES IXTREME.BIN

....XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXA0..XXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
............A1..
my dummy.bin (i have #ed out my genuine drive specific info)

....########
######XXA0..####
##############..
............A1..

everything except the ### in drive serial my dummy.bin is real code. just blanked the last bit with # incase ms see it.

all the liteon drives ive done with 360 mod disc work, but im just worried the FW that 360moddisc flashes to the drive doesnt have all the correct info on it.

what do you think? understand/see what im on about??

carlitoB

Yes, you are correct carlitoB, the serial numbers are not transferred over when you are flashing a Lite-On drive with my disc. This is due to the fact that DosFlash (only the 16-Bit version) does not dump the serial numbers at all, and this is the application that my disc relies on for dumping/flashing drives.

I'm not sure if DosFlash (16-Bit) will be updated again or not (Kai Schtrom, the author, seems to have abandoned the 16-Bit version of DosFlash...), I am currently using the newest version for my disc, but it still does not dump the serial information correctly. So the serial information problem with my disc and DosFlash is a known issue unfortunately.

However, my disc still flashes Lite-On drives just fine, and they do work, it's just that the lack of serial numbers gets some people worried due to the possibility of being banned.

I know people are worried about this, but I seriously doubt that Microsoft will ban you for not having the correct serial information. It's all just talk right now anyway.

If you are uncomfortable using my disc for this reason, by all means use JungleFlasher. However, in my personal opinion, the serial numbers on the Lite-On drives will probably never be used as a reason for the ban hammer. Lots of other things would get us banned before serial numbers, like the constant 12x read speed on modded drives, using cheap media, downloading games illegally (which people shouldn't be doing anyway), etc.

Please note however that the Samsung/BenQ drives are flashed perfectly using my disc, the Lite-On drives are the only ones affected by the lack of serial numbers in the final firmware. happy.gif

Also, let it be known that if DosFlash (16-Bit) is fixed by the author I will immediately update my disc with the new version. However, until Kai Schtrom (DosFlash author) updates it, my hands are tied... sad.gif

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2009, 10:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(carlitoB @ Apr 23 2009, 09:19 AM) View Post

just an idea frosty, how about giving an option to flash dummy.bin from c/lonfiles, basically giving people who can read key etc in windows the chance to flash as good a .bin as possible in dos with your disc.

It's definitely an idea, perhaps I will add this feature into 360 Modification Disc v1.6...

My disc is meant to be simple and easy to use, adding this feature would change it's purpose though...

Perhaps I will add this feature and just add lots of 'warning' and 'caution' notes informing people that this feature would be for advanced users only.

QUOTE(carlitoB @ Apr 23 2009, 09:19 AM) View Post

do we know if microsoft can even see the serial info from your FW? obviously they cant directly read the FW or the whole hack would never have gone that way from the beginning.

Nobody really knows. There might be some super-secret command they can send to the drive for doing it, but I really doubt it.

Samsung/BenQ drives can be EASILY dumped by the 360 i'm sure, so if this was really being done by Microsoft we all would have been banned a long time ago.

Lite-On drives are probably the safest drives to use in my opinion because they have a hardware-level restriction on dumping, making them impossible to dump from the 360. (AFAIK)

So no, I don't think Microsoft can currently dump the firmware and see the missing serial numbers.

But can Microsoft send the drive a specific command to dump ONLY the serial numbers? Probably, but who knows...

SuicideUZI

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2009, 06:55:00 PM »

I am using this card:
http://www.newegg.co...ntent-_-text-_-

which is VIA VT6421

however in device manager it shows up as "3249"
IPB Image

Do you know where I can get that driver for vista?

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2009, 08:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(SuicideUZI @ Apr 25 2009, 05:47 PM) View Post

I am using this card:
http://www.newegg.co...ntent-_-text-_-

which is VIA VT6421

however in device manager it shows up as "3249"
IPB Image

Do you know where I can get that driver for vista?

@SuicideUZI

Windows drivers have no effect on my disc, since my disc does not use Windows.

Try using the E880 port with my disc and see if it helps. happy.gif

homerjay123

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2009, 09:43:00 PM »

IPB Image

Edit: if not the above screen, i get a black screen with a blinking cursor on it

(Liteon Drive)

hey, what am i doing wrong? i do what it tells me to do on the previous screen but when i get to the above screen,connect the serial to the com port and press "y" it hangs.

- connect serial to com port
------------------------------------

- eject drive tray
-power drive off
- push tray in til half open
- power on drive
- press yes if your ready

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
do i have to do this one more time before pressing "yes"?

also while im here, there are some things that are not too straight forward for me.

when the prompt says disconnect power cable, does it want me to pull it from the back of the drive or just flip the switch on the ck3

also when it says connect the serial to the DG16D2S drive, what are they talking bout? the slot on the ck3?

when the prompt says press eject, do i leave the eject button down since its more of a click on click off type button.

sorry for the noob questions but hey theres no tutorial..

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2009, 10:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(SuicideUZI @ Apr 25 2009, 09:22 PM) View Post

Tried that but it still does not work.  I am wondering if somehow its not getting the correct connection, I tested  a spare sATA HDD hooked up the same exact way that I am hooking up the 360 drive only minus the Ck3 and the HDD is recognized and accessible fine in windows so I do not think the card is defective.

When I have the CK3 hooked up and powering the 360 drive should it be able to eject it at any time or does it have to be in a specific state?  Because when i push the eject button on the CK3 it does nothing

It must be your VIA card - I have seen this issue before in my own PC with an older VT6421 card myself.

You are using a Rosewill VT6421 card right? I recommend trying to get a Syba brand VT6421 card or a blank (no-name) brand VT6421 card instead.

If your Rosewill card is locking up your PC when you connect your 360 DVD-ROM drive, I bet it will lock up with any DVD drive not just your 360 DVD-ROM drive.

QUOTE(homerjay123 @ Apr 26 2009, 08:35 PM) View Post

IPB Image

Edit: if not the above screen, i get a black screen with a blinking cursor on it

(Liteon Drive)

hey, what am i doing wrong? i do what it tells me to do on the previous screen but when i get to the above screen,connect the serial to the com port and press "y" it hangs.

- connect serial to com port
------------------------------------

- eject drive tray
-power drive off
- push tray in til half open
- power on drive
- press yes if your ready

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
do i have to do this one more time before pressing "yes"?
also while im here, there are some things that are not too straight forward for me.

when the prompt says disconnect power cable, does it want me to pull it from the back of the drive or just flip the switch on the ck3

also when it says connect the serial to the DG16D2S drive, what are they talking bout? the slot on the ck3?

when the prompt says press eject, do i leave the eject button down since its more of a click on click off type button.

sorry for the noob questions but hey theres no tutorial..

Okay, I will try to answer your questions in order:

1. No, that second set of instructions by Germia is unnecessary for my disc, you only need to follow the instructions that I have put in. (the instructions you see before the Germia ones)

2. You can either pull the cable out of the back of the drive, or you can use the switch. Either one works.

3. The serial cable is the wire (or probe) that you manually connect to the circuit board on your Lite-On drive. If you are unsure what this means, you may want to look in to some threads on using a CK3 Probe with the Lite-On drives.

4. Just eject the drive out, then leave it ejected. As long as the drive is ejected you are good. happy.gif

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2009, 12:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(allotesting @ Apr 27 2009, 10:34 AM) View Post

dkellen1

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2009, 02:24:00 AM »

Hey Frosty... I'm not sure if you received  the replies I sent you, but so far no one has confirmed this to be real, all I know is that it shows up as iXtreme v1.6 in Jungle Flasher. Guess we'll have to wait for a confirmation, or just wait till May 14th, wich isn't bad since it's only like a couple of weeks away.
I just don't know why someone would release a fake firmware right now when it's so close to the actual release date...   huh.gif

wulfie

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2009, 06:39:00 AM »

ixtreme 1.6 is NOT out, if you check the 'usual' places, i.e. xbins, you'll see it hasn't been released yet

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2009, 09:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(dkellen1 @ Apr 28 2009, 01:16 AM) View Post

Hey Frosty... I'm not sure if you received  the replies I sent you, but so far no one has confirmed this to be real, all I know is that it shows up as iXtreme v1.6 in Jungle Flasher. Guess we'll have to wait for a confirmation, or just wait till May 14th, wich isn't bad since it's only like a couple of weeks away.
I just don't know why someone would release a fake firmware right now when it's so close to the actual release date...   huh.gif

Yep I got your messages, it would seem that this firmware is a hex-edited version of iXtreme v1.51 or perhaps even v1.5...

Meaning, someone changed the identification string of the firmware with a hex editor to make it essentially a 'fake' iXtreme v1.6 firmware.

Even if it were real though, it only includes the Samsung and BenQ firmware, and no Lite-On firmware...

I would need all three to make a release. sad.gif

dkellen1

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2020, 11:18:00 AM »

Silly @ss people wasting there own time and the time of others for no reason at all. I figured it was an older  hexed version of iXtreme. Sometimes thing's are to good to be true and that's because they are. I guess i should have known that this version of iXtreme wouldn't have been leaked since the release date is the 3 year anniversary of their first release. Sorry for the missleading information i may have given, i was just going by what i came across... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2009, 03:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(dkellen1 @ Apr 28 2009, 12:18 PM) View Post

Silly @ss people wasting there own time and the time of others for no reason at all. I figured it was an older  hexed version of iXtreme. Sometimes thing's are to good to be true and that's because they are. I guess i should have known that this version of iXtreme wouldn't have been leaked since the release date is the 3 year anniversary of their first release. Sorry for the missleading information i may have given, i was just going by what i came across... sad.gif

No worries, I appreciate all the feedback that I get, in fact, I encourage it.

After all, a piece of software created for the community can only be improved when the community shares ideas on it. happy.gif

verbatimonly

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2009, 06:29:00 AM »

Hello-i'm new here and i have a strange problem:I've just bought the ck3 with probe and i want to use the modification disc(i have the v1.52).Can someone tell me how i have to connect the ck3 without any problems?I've try'd it a few days ago and had no luck-because as i turned the ck3 on, my pc switched off and had no power-i think he died sad.gif i have not ?ground? the pc,my lite-on and the ck3-maybe that was my problem?)
I've used the ck3 with usb and i just wanted to check my port with jungleflasher-now i will try the rs232 with the disc.Hope someone can post a pic or tuturial for me....
Here is my first setup with my amd athlon 1700+(maybe to old for that??):
IPB Image
 Edit:Sorry,if my english was not correct and thank you for help...

wulfie

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2009, 07:32:00 AM »

it's connected fine, just as mine was, no ground at all and flashed just fine and my pc is even older than yours

verbatimonly

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2009, 07:46:00 AM »

So what do you think what the problem is?The ck3 is a new one....-maybe an unstable usb connection or something?I have a new one(only one from my brother with md8080 mainboard-it's an old one too) because the old pc doesn't work with his full function(can't get into bios and my os)...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9