xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Media Extender Won't Connect/work With Mce 2005  (Read 39 times)

placebo3681

• Archived User
Media Extender Won't Connect/work With Mce 2005
« on: June 18, 2008, 06:15:00 AM »

Good morning. Let me start off by saying a) I hope this is the right forum and apologize if it is not, and cool.gif hopefully this isn't a repeat topic as I have yet to find any information on this, but if so, again apologies.

So basically I am having problems using my xbox 360 as a media extender. I installed the software on the PC, set it up, and entered the 8 digit code. However, when the Xbox is is "contacting" mode, it all of a sudden jsut freezes up. Won't continue contacting, just stops and crashes and I have to reset the xbox. My current configuration is the Xbox and MCE computer are both on a SWITCH (not a ROUTER) so there is no port configuration on that end. Now I had the same set up over a month ago and it was working jsut fine. But then I had to send in my Xbox for repairs and when I got it back I had to re configure everything. However, I was having mad problems with the software after I installed SP3. Tried fixing it, but said screw it and reformatted and reinstalled the OS. Since then I have been getting the same issue. Always crashes with contacting the Media Center computer. I have all the updates to MCE (sans SP3). I installed the Media Extender software just like last time. I have Firewall turned off on teh computer and no virus protection. Is there some otehr setting I am forgetting? I have media sharing set up in Win Media Player 11 and if I don't use extender and use the dashboard instead to see all my music files, they appear just fine, but I want to use the Extender. That's half the reason I got this thing anyway. So wrapping up, has anyone had this issue before? Is there a setting I am forgetting to set which is causing the Xbox to crash? Any help on this would be incredibly appreciated, as I have been fiddling with this POS for over a month now. Thanks everyone and sorry for the long post, just wanted to get as much info out to everyone as possible. Thanks.