xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Xdvdmulleter Beta 8  (Read 700 times)

badsheepy

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« on: June 02, 2007, 03:28:00 PM »

XDVDMulleter Beta 8 is in the usual places

It is mainly just a quick release for stealth checking.
An extra option works now!: batch extraction. not well tested. But working.

XDVDMulleter will check every aspect of stealth on a disc and warn you of any difficulties.
To load from dvdr: on the loading screen, just select the dvdr tab and ensure raw mode reading is selected.

Stealth Checks:

Checks PFI for valid data
Checks PFI is a known pfi sector
Checks video matches PFI data
Checks Video is a known video partition
Checks 2nd layer of video to check splitvid
Checks DMI for 'XBOX' string (xbox 360 only)
checks SS matchs default.xex (xbox 360 only)
Checks SS file for invalid hitachi SS

Changes:

Deletes all temp files upon end
Bug opening dvds in raw mode fixed (I cant remember what bug though..)
Shrink page reset each time, so no longer messes up on multiple isos
Shrink page acts on a (virtual) copy of ISO, so back works properly
XBE checking page doesnt recheck once its been done once
Shrink page no longer auto crosslinks (because testing with gow took 20 minutes just for this step.. damn)
Checks to see if video partition is empty but present
Checks link between SS and default.xex to ensure you have the right SS file for the release
Hardcoded iso values removed, instead offsets calculated from SS + PFI
Inserts video directly into iso if partition exists (previously created new iso)
Checks all files you insert into ISOs
Extra stealth checking stuff i have forgotten about
Log file logs actions for debugging etc
Quick bugfix so unsplit Xbox1 Video files dont give split video error
Extract is back, extract and replace files in an iso
Batch extraction over FTP or to filesystem

Source is included, but dont expect anything pretty smile.gif
Thanks to all the people who tested, reported bugs, and sent feedback. Suggestions, bugs etc are still welcome smile.gif

badsheepy

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 05:04:00 PM »

Anyone who gets an error upon running XDVDMulleter, who has run a previous version ok, should try the following:

For Windows XP:
Delete the "C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\MulletPower" folder.

For Windows Vista:
Delete the "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\MulletPower" folder.

Where username is your username of course smile.gif

sosotiit

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 08:57:00 PM »

great job again,

assume this includes the test version that was in beta 7 test 7 (and probably better?  biggrin.gif )

thks
-soso

Edit: just ran my bunch of test DVD thru it and looks like great stuff form the guy with that Xtreme haircut  biggrin.gif

Tony42077

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 09:58:00 AM »

Whenever I try to load from a DVD-DL backup (from my Kreon drive) to check for stealth, I get "ISO Loading failed: Could not get file handle". Do I need to unlock the drive with another program first?

sosotiit

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 10:11:00 AM »

no sometimes you have to do Load a second time for it to work.
Note you can do it with your burner as well
-soso

badsheepy

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 11:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(Tony42077 @ Jun 3 2007, 05:34 PM) *

Whenever I try to load from a DVD-DL backup (from my Kreon drive) to check for stealth, I get "ISO Loading failed: Could not get file handle". Do I need to unlock the drive with another program first?

Well this might be something due to the Kreon drive itself, maybe auto unlocking or something, I have no idea, not having one of those drives myself.

However, you can try the following:
Sometimes it helps to wait a little while after the disc is put in to let the drive spin up and recognise it.
If you put the disc in and windows attempts to load it in explorer, close that window, cause that will stop it reading.
If you have any burning apps open that might have stolen the file handle first, close them too.
Basically if anything is accessing the dvd try to shut it down and see if that helps.
Apart from that, if you have a normal pc dvdrom you could try that instead.

Whether you get it working or not, I would appreciate it if you let me know, cause if not its a bug (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

sosotiit

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 11:14:00 AM »

Hey badsheepy,

nothing to do with kreon, I have it sometimes (1 out of 5) on my Liteon 165h6 burner. first time I press load iso it will tell Loading failed, second time it is OK.
Same on the kreon

-soso

This post has been edited by sosotiit: Jun 3 2007, 06:23 PM

darkliquid

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 12:26:00 PM »

How do you check the SS file for invalid hitachi SS? Or does it automatically flip out if the SS is invalid?

telo{+}

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 12:43:00 PM »

So.....

The SS is checked against the XEX file. So there is no way that can be invalid.

The PFI is compared to the video file so, those would at least have to match. Making the possibility of a bad release/backup pretty slim.

Is there anything this can do about a corrupt/wrong DMI ? It seems its only checking for a string then marking it valid.

There is a guy over at xbh working on a CRC32 checker for all the files. But I'm wondering if thats still needed with this release or not ?

ILLPLEASA

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 11:43:00 AM »

Great App, thanks for this release, I've been looking for something like this for a while..... smile.gif Question, how good is the PFI/DMI/SS extraction from a disc? I know a while ago in the scene it was thought best to not individually extract these files with programs like XBC and Schtom because they might not be extracted correctly... Havent read much more about that topic since... How far along has it gotten with this program?

sosotiit

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 01:10:00 PM »

since you can only use a samsung (5.3 or before) and Kreon to rip games, then you can do a complete backup with XBCr or schtrom. Not much point in extracting separate components.

what must not be discussed is injecting components in existing image (no backup of backup) and redo them from the original with your samsung/Kreon and XBC/schtrom such everything will be included.

Backup and media stealth (DMI, PFI, Video partition, samsung SS) and how to check:

WHAT NOT TO ASK at XS
How to extract an image from a backup: NO image extraction from a backup. We do not care what the cute reason is, we heard them all and it is no.
How to merge additional stealth components in an existing image. Redo them from the originals.

badsheepy

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 02:14:00 PM »

Ok
How do you check the SS file for invalid hitachi SS? Or does it automatically flip out if the SS is invalid?

It will tell you SS is present but contains invalid data (or some similar wording). iXtreme checkbox will be unchecked. Its pretty obvious if you find one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

QUOTE(telo{+} @ Jun 3 2007, 08:19 PM) *

So.....

The SS is checked against the XEX file. So there is no way that can be invalid.

The PFI is compared to the video file so, those would at least have to match. Making the possibility of a bad release/backup pretty slim.

Is there anything this can do about a corrupt/wrong DMI ? It seems its only checking for a string then marking it valid.
There is a guy over at xbh working on a CRC32 checker for all the files. But I'm wondering if thats still needed with this release or not ?

There is still the possibility that the wrong video AND pfi could be used, which wouldnt be detected (cause the app has no way of telling the original video on disc).
DMI is effectively uncheckable at the moment apart from that one string.
So pretty much you could have a perfect stealthed game with stealth files from another ISO. Nothing but a comparison to the actual genuine data could detect this, so the crc32 check isnt a bad idea. (Although annoying, cause .net doesnt have a native crc32 checker (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif))

CRC checking direct from iso is already included in my test build. I am waiting to see what happens with the xbh crc32 checker before releasing anything concrete, cause I would quite like to have it check online.
So either they will have online checking and I will add it to mulleter, or I will create it myself once they are done.

So yeah, its unlikely to be VERY useful, as for a start any rip made with xbc/schtrom and a samsung or kreon drive will already be perfect. But its most likely worth it for old releases from before that time when we were building them manually.

As to the 'unable to get device handle' error

nothing to do with kreon, I have it sometimes (1 out of 5) on my Liteon 165h6 burner. first time I press load iso it will tell Loading failed, second time it is OK.
Same on the kreon

I am going to add ripping from original ISOs and fix all the dvd commands soon I think. This should solve the problem somewhat, or at least give a proper error message (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Itll also allow for verifying backups from original disc. I think XBC may well be implementing this also soon.

As for now, I am working on the advanced iso creation. Some nifty things might be possible soon with old (5.x) firmwares, which would be nice for non xbox live users (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

regeli

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2007, 01:51:00 PM »

Thank you!

Tested this with my backup iso's and everyone was completely stealth!

bobbyblaze

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2007, 02:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(sosotiit @ Jun 3 2007, 08:46 PM) View Post

since you can only use a samsung (5.3 or before) and Kreon to rip games, then you can do a complete backup with XBCr or schtrom. Not much point in extracting separate components.

what must not be discussed is injecting components in existing image (no backup of backup) and redo them from the original with your samsung/Kreon and XBC/schtrom such everything will be included.

What about those of us with Hitachi Drives? We cannot rip our games properly now and the ability to inject SS into an iso we have extracted to create a proper back-up is a legitimate use, yes?

darkliquid

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2007, 02:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(badsheepy @ Jun 3 2007, 08:14 PM) View Post

It will tell you SS is present but contains invalid data (or some similar wording). iXtreme checkbox will be unchecked. Its pretty obvious if you find one smile.gif

Ah thanks, guess all my backups are fine then since I haven't got the message  jester.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 4