xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: TVersity Media Server v0.9.9.1  (Read 525 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
TVersity Media Server v0.9.9.1
« on: November 27, 2006, 02:09:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | November 27 16:02 EST

We already posted last week that a patch was released for TVersity Media Server that added support for on-the-fly WMV transcoding ... to allow you to stream pretty much any video format to your Xbox 360 from a Windows 2000/XP machine.
Today they released a new beta of the TVersity Media Server that includes this patch and more ...

The TVersity Media Server 0.9.9 (beta) is out, featuring on the fly transcoding to WMV. Finally Xbox 360 users need not do any manual conversion! (MCE is NOT required)

* On the fly transcoding to WMV for the Xbox 360
+Xbox 360 users can now play their entire media library with no need for MCE.
+Users of other devices that can play WMV can use this target format as an alternative to MPEG. While this will require faster machines to achieve the same quality, it allow for a higher quality per bitrate meaning that a slower home network can be used. This is important mainly for HD content streamed over wireless connections.
+Upconversion of videos to WMV HD can be done (on a fast machine) by tweaking the minVideoInfo in config.xml.
+It is highly recommended to upgrade to Windows Media Player 11 as it includes more recent and more stable encoders, this is especially important if you experience crashes in qasf.dll.

* Improved GUI
+The GUI is now an exe file (as opposed to the HTML Application (HTA) it used to be). This should solve the DEP errors on Vista Beta 2.
+The GUI is now functional even when the sharing is stopped and the sharing can be both started and stopped from the GUI (only starting and restarting was supported in the past).
+A tray icon has been added with a tray icon menu for starting and stopping the sharing service .
+Drag and drop is now supported for sharing media. Simply drag files/folders to the GUI and even XML feed URLs and they will be added to the librray.
+Multi select is now supported in the list of shared items and the play, refresh and delete operations can now be invoked on multiple items in one operation.
+Scroll wheel support was added throughout the GUI.
+Right click menu was added for items in the sharing tab.
+When the server is down the connection error dialog box is no longer displayed and instead a connection error icon is displayed at the top right corner of the window.
+The sharing tab now allows files/folders to be opened (as opposed to the past behavior where this was enabled only for URLs).
+The settings tab can now open the cache area folder.
+A preview of our new media library graphical user interface is included, this is provided in addition to the web based interface. This interface will come in two versions the first is AJAX and the second is Macormedia Flash based (only this version is currently being provided). This new interface will be the basis for our upcoming support for the Sony PS3 and will be used for any web browser enabled device that can handle AJAX or Macromedia flash to provide a better user experience than the simpler web based interface (which will remain the interface of choice for limited resource devices such as mobile phones, the Sony PSP, etc.). Future releases will add support for playback inside this new interface as opposed to the current behavior where an external player is invoked.
+ The new media library gui can be opened in a separate browser windows via the URL http://localhost:41952/flashlib, or http://localhost:41952/flash6.swf for devices that support only Macromedia Flash version 6.

* Misc.
+Windows can now discover TVersity and display it in "My Network Places", if the UPnP discovery components are installed.
+The server accepts now the mime type video/flv (this is in addition to video/x-flv that was already there). This solves issues with YouTube flv videos that the server refused to add due to an unknown mime type.

* Bug Fixes
+Bad Internet URLs no longer cause the server to hang for a long period of time (during which no other media could be played).
+UPnP connections from different networks or different subnets are now accepted when the server is configured to accept remote connections. This is as opposed to the past behavior where this configuration only affected the web based interface.
+The XML results returned by the server are now guaranteed to place the item/container title first as required by the UPnP standard.
+Some issues related to playing flash video files (FLV) that were downloaded by the server automaticaly were fixed.
+Temporary files that were mistakenly placed in the wrong folder are now stored in the Windows temporary folder.

Official Site: http://www.tversity.com
Download: here

rasstar

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 01:29:00 PM »

Can it fast forward and rewind? If not I will have to stick with the Xbox.

quarky42

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 01:37:00 PM »

Kudos to TVersity for doing what MicroShaft should have done from the very start.  I'm glad that the 360's are coming closer to becoming the multimedia machines via streaming/transcoding that they should have been from the very start.

Hitcher

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 02:46:00 PM »

Anyone got this working?

My 360 refuses to see anything I add to it. sad.gif

ASmithz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 03:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hitcher @ Nov 27 2006, 10:53 PM) *

Anyone got this working?

My 360 refuses to see anything I add to it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Same thing, says not videos at all.

dcnigma

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 03:22:00 PM »

Me 2  blink.gif  But i do i need to link it to my shared videos in my documents or what

mbOG

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 03:38:00 PM »

Works great for me! I like how I was able to add shoutcast playlists and listen to them just fine.

None of the internet videos work for me on my xbox (expected that). But local video files on my comp are working great, unless their really large. Then it crashes and forces me to start sharing again.

mikester18

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 04:08:00 PM »

Keep getting unplayable video error

bigshooter13

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 04:28:00 PM »

Is this working on Windows Server 2003?

satboi

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 04:31:00 PM »

With win2003, my xbox360 sees all video files, but when i press play, all i am getting is.
Xbox lost connection, blablabla and then i see an error on win2003 and mediaserver is not running anymore.

Hope this can be fixed.

Maybe it is mediaplayer10 on win2003, mediaplayer11 is not available yet for win2003  ohmy.gif

Cheers,
Satboi

smileboot

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 05:00:00 PM »

Hold on i can connect my windows 2k pc to my 360?  is this a standalone thing or a bolt on like the mediacenter transcoders?  cause i just wanna be able to sync my music collection up to my 360 but how can i do this since im on 2k?  does a new mediaplayer make it possible or somthing??

HansiHusten

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 05:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(satboi @ Nov 28 2006, 12:38 AM) *

With win2003, my xbox360 sees all video files, but when i press play, all i am getting is.
Xbox lost connection, blablabla and then i see an error on win2003 and mediaserver is not running anymore.

Hope this can be fixed.

Maybe it is mediaplayer10 on win2003, mediaplayer11 is not available yet for win2003  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

Cheers,
Satboi

100% same problem here!

von_braun

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 06:32:00 PM »

Does anybody know if this can be used with XBMC for orig xbox?
sorry if off topic

Damaso

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 07:45:00 PM »

All I know is I just downloaded the Zune player on xbox.com/pcsetup and it plays everything with my winxp computer. I played some songs and videos.

edwinpro

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 08:14:00 PM »

it plays dvd-r but it doesn´t play avi files nor the sample videos that comes with the program either.

This post has been edited by edwinpro: Nov 28 2006, 04:14 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3