xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mce Setup Error  (Read 380 times)

gt2690b

• Archived User
Mce Setup Error
« on: November 29, 2005, 06:43:00 PM »

no i didnt get that error.. BUT my main reason for buying this thing was MCE extender as well.. i got it up on my TV but the thing runs SUPER slow... like one menu item can take 20 seconds and i never got the "live tv" to work at all... im not sure what the problem is but im pretty unhappy about it.. anyone have suggestions?

Jiroe

• Archived User
Mce Setup Error
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 09:09:00 PM »

Are you connecting to your network via the wireless adapter? If so, it can drastically slow down any streaming to the xbox, which might explain the slowness at the menu. Unfortunately I haven't gotten that far, so I can't tell you for sure (My xbox is connected via the wireless adapter, so I could tell you for sure if that's the cause).

Stafoe

• Archived User
Mce Setup Error
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 03:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jiroe @ Nov 29 2005, 02:19 AM) View Post

I've got Windows Media Center 2005 and I downloaded the MCE Full (xboxMCEFull-ENU.exe) and ran it. It installed fine, but when it gets to the section where it changes the settings on the PC, it says "Setup Error: A problem occurred during Setup.

Hi,

I had the same problem, this was my solution to solve the problem:

- First update your Windows Media Center with the Update Rollup 2 package:
Just search for KB900325 at http://www.google.com and download it from MS

- Install XboxMCELite-ENU.exe:
  http://www.xbox.com/...lldownloads.htm

Hope this solve your problem! smile.gif

MCMXCV

• Archived User
Mce Setup Error
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 12:45:00 PM »

Hey jiroe could you let me know if that fixed your problem because im having exactly the same trouble but for certain reasons i dont want to go through all that unless i really have to.
Cheers