xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Any Interest In An Xbmc 360 Bounty?  (Read 153 times)

hcaa

• Archived User
Any Interest In An Xbmc 360 Bounty?
« on: December 25, 2009, 06:09:00 PM »

How about donating that $50 to the xexloader team? They're doing most of the work unlocking the console; all that the XBMC team has to do is recompile a few things and write a few drivers, since they already have a ppc version.

pirichios

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 07:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(hcaa @ Dec 26 2009, 03:09 AM) View Post

How about donating that $50 to the xexloader team? They're doing most of the work unlocking the console; all that the XBMC team has to do is recompile a few things and write a few drivers, since they already have a ppc version.

no, not even close. A good portion does have to be re-written. That being said, the xexloader team IS doing good work!

ROBES

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 07:55:00 PM »

I consider this a decline in hacking from what xbmc was to the xbox
1 to nothing we have now. I would put up money to this.

JCDenton@AS

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 04:59:00 AM »

Donate money to freexex team. They are the ones doing the most around here

LiGhTfasT

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 06:50:00 AM »

XBMC would be great but i lost a lot of love for them after posting on their forums. I'd be happy with a simple media player with good codec support (mainky mkv).

I dont see much point in the route xbmc took its just another media player on the pc now. If i've got a pc under my tv i'll just windows media player sad.gif

EatonZ

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 06:50:00 AM »

I've never used XBMC because I've loved the UnleashX dash. I would like to see that ported. Plus, the default dash is pretty good for now.

niai

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 03:26:00 PM »

can this not just be done with the linux distro using xell just have some sort of software trigger made for xell

coreyinoz

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 03:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(Setesh @ Jan 12 2010, 11:28 PM) View Post

donate to the xex lads, without them im sure there would be no chance of xbmc running on a 360 at all, if xbmc team doesnt want to do something nice....

That's a little harsh. Clearly you haven't seen any of the new builds of XBMC... it is truly kicking serious ass. The devs have not been twiddling their thumbs.

I'm also a 7-8 year xbox1 XBMC user, and I would love to see it ported to 360. But I can totally see why the devs don't want to waste the time. It's very very narrow slice of users who A) have an exploitable 360 and cool.gif have the skills to do it.

It's just not worth it for them to step up for such a small group.

If somebody else wants to port it... well props to them, but this should in no way take away from Team XBMC who have done nothing but kick ass for years, for free.

brando56894

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 01:35:00 PM »

I agree, I havent used XBMC in awhile (about 2 or so years) since I got out of the whole xbox 1 hacking scene since my 1 & 2 controller ports broke/died/burnt out at the motherboard level and I dont see the point in paying $50-100 for another xbox when I just got a 360 last year and were well on our way to making the 360 even better than what the original was.

I downloaded it a few days ago and I must say I was blown away at how gorgeous it is! I got a media streamer for my living room and would like to replace the default GUI with XBMC but if thats not possible I guess I can just set it up to run in linux on the 360 via xell (have it execute xbmc upon login). Now that I think of it I'd probably rather have it this way instead of it replacing NXE. XBMC is great for media but doesn't include the (little) things that NXE has. Does anyone have any idea if its possible to patch/modify NXE to include new features such as trainers for games that are loaded off the HDD (something along the lines of what XBMC did in the original xbox)?

I was so impressed with it that I'm actually using it as my default media player in arch linux on my desktop. I used to use kaffeine since you could browse files in the same window as the player, but it was hard to see from more then a foot away. XBMC is so much better since I can actually see what Im browsing from a few feet away, not to mention that you can have pictures instead of titles biggrin.gif