xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Some Confusion  (Read 76 times)

bigsinky

• Archived User
Some Confusion
« on: October 13, 2007, 12:34:00 PM »

Ok i am new to this forum and backing up for that matter, but im very confused although i have read countless forum topics, downloaded countless programs but im still no further forward that i was about 4 hours ago,

i have just got my x360's samsung drive flashed and want to start backing up my own games.  Now after much reading and cross referancing i have come to the conclusion i would need to remove my drive from the 360 and plug it into my computer.  Is this the case.  I have tried numerous amounts of programs with my pioneer 112d which im led to believe supports bitmapping and dual layer disks and writing.  Can somebody please clarify how this must be done.  

Do i need to take the drive from the 360 and am i able to put the disk into my drive if i update the firmware...someone please help, i am quite technically minded but just cant get my head around this, probably with all this reading lol...someone please H E L P...

Chrissy

slipknot89

• Archived User
Some Confusion
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 06:47:00 AM »

hey there
took me a while to get my head around it aswell
firstly if its already flashed there is no need to reconnect it to a pc to back up the games aslong as you buy the specific drive that can backup the games.
its called the Samsung SH-D162C (thats what i have) THIS IS A PC DRIVE NOT A REPLACEMENT 360 DRIVE!
that needs to have the "kreon" firmware installed on it, for it to be able to read and copy the 360 games.
You can find these cheap on ebay, picked mine up for about £15

Next step is preferance as to what program to use, but i use Xbox Backup Creator to copy and burn my backups. (obtained from usual source)

That program has an easy user interface and ive had no problems in using at all.

Also when burning use Verbatims, again search on ebay for "verbatim 360" or something like that
They are the best media to use and i have had 100% successful burns using the combo that i have described.
The only difference is that i have a sony dual layer burner, but seeing as most users on here use the pioneer you shouldnt have any problems smile.gif

Think that covers most things
Feel free to ask more questions biggrin.gif