xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cannot Connect To Media Centre  (Read 215 times)

neilcad

• Archived User
Cannot Connect To Media Centre
« on: January 11, 2006, 05:23:00 PM »

I can find my computer on my xbox and view pictures but when i try to connect to media centre i get the following message "another user or application on the windows media centre-based pc has disconnected this service" after the screen displays connectiong for about 15 seconds, ive got my norton firewall and windows firewall turned off.  It is a wired connection through a netgear router.

Any suggestions greaty appreciated as this is driving me crazy!!

Cheers

NeilCad

tommiwan

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 01:53:00 PM »

I was getting this last night, and I could not figure out why... then I remembered something i did.  Right click on "my computer" go to "properties" and to the "remote" tab.  Under "select remote users" it should have added a user MCX1.  I had removed that user because I didn't know why it was there.... well I found out when I put it back on it worked and I stopped recieving that message.

neilcad

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 03:41:00 PM »

Just checked and ive got MCX1 and MCX2 in the list already, would it work if i delete mcx2? if not how do i put it back?

cheers for the sugestion

tommiwan

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 03:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(neilcad @ Jan 12 2006, 04:12 PM) View Post

if not how do i put it back?

It's not hard to put back... you should see a "select remote users" button and you should be able to add/remove users from there.  Wonder how you got 2 on there, I'm thinking you ran through setup twice...

If all else fails try to uninstall everything and reinstall everything.

neilcad

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 01:21:00 PM »

Took MCX2 out of the list but still the same, seems to me like something is diconectiong it like a firewall, although ive turned everthin off.

anymore suggestions anyone??

j666*

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 05:05:00 AM »

i get this issue  when browsing videos   when i choose videos  it stics then i get the message