xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Remove Game From My Gamer Tag  (Read 443 times)

RaGa_MuFFiN

• Archived User
Remove Game From My Gamer Tag
« on: January 01, 2006, 08:52:00 AM »

Hi dudes and dudettes!

Well stupid as I am I tried the King Kong Demo on the kiosk disc. Well. .Now it shows in my gamer profile. Of course I want it removed now. if it is possible?

Anyone knows if this can be done?

Thank you in advance!

shooptek

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 09:10:00 AM »

You have to play a game more often than you played King Kong, and it will automatically replace Kong with that game.

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 10:55:00 PM »

RUN RUN RUN!!! THEY ARE AFTER YOU.  In one week you will have a nice ban from xbox live:( sorry man... naw just do what was said, play a few other games and it will move the king kong off the list.

wasting

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 07:32:00 AM »

Even if you play 4 more games to push it off the gamercard, it will always be there, they will find you!

http://live.xbox.com...ompareTo=RaGaDK

Overloaded

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 08:04:00 AM »

even if you push it off your gamertag it still will show in the list og games as friends and other xbox live users compair gamelist with yours.

it will show King Kong Kiosk Demo     0G   ..G    Gamerpoints

the 0G is yours, stating that you have the game and earned zero points for playing it and the person that is looking at your gamelist showing ..G, states that they didnt have the game at all.

Romps

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 08:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(Overloaded @ Jan 10 2006, 03:11 PM) View Post

even if you push it off your gamertag it still will show in the list og games as friends and other xbox live users compair gamelist with yours.

it will show King Kong Kiosk Demo     0G   ..G    Gamerpoints

the 0G is yours, stating that you have the game and earned zero points for playing it and the person that is looking at your gamelist showing ..G, states that they didnt have the game at all.

I wouldnt worry about it at all
U would have that on your gamertag if u took your mem card to kiosk to download themes ect and played the king kong demo smile.gif

Martomo

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 11:32:00 AM »

There is a way to remove the game from your playlist, but beware if you do this you will loose all your gamerscore with the games, just recover your account wink.gif

QUOTE(Romps @ Jan 10 2006, 04:55 PM) View Post

I wouldnt worry about it at all
U would have that on your gamertag if u took your mem card to kiosk to download themes ect and played the king kong demo smile.gif

The Kiosks have a different OS then the one or your Xbox 360, ur are only able to download themes from the Kiosks but not able to sign in with your profile.
When you press the Guide button it says something like that the Xbox Guide is not supported at this Kiosk.

tempchicken

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 03:57:00 PM »

I haven't had this happen, so I can't tell for sure, but can you go into the memory section on the system tab and delete the save for the King Kong Demo?  If not, I bet you could somehow remove any trace of it from your hard drive using the same method that the people are using to get XBOX 1 saves on their drives.  I'm not sure that this would remove it from your tag or not, as the live servers may keep a record of what you've ever played, but you may be able to, if they are refreshing your achievements from your hard drive every time you connect.

As I typed this, I realized that in order to track what you've done wherever you go, or if you got a new hard drive at some point, or whatever, they would have to be storing this on the live servers.  So I would say, I'm pretty sure that there is nothing you can do to make live lose its record of you playing the demo.  Maybe the live admins will clear them out at some point.

Master X

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 08:43:00 PM »

Using the kiosk disk will get you banned?

tonloc79

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 09:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(Master X @ Jan 11 2006, 04:50 AM) View Post

Using the kiosk disk will get you banned?

No! They were just messing with him. Its legal to have the disc.

mrbelvedere

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 11:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(Martomo @ Jan 10 2006, 11:39 AM) *

There is a way to remove the game from your playlist, but beware if you do this you will loose all your gamerscore with the games, just recover your account (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
The Kiosks have a different OS then the one or your Xbox 360, ur are only able to download themes from the Kiosks but not able to sign in with your profile.
When you press the Guide button it says something like that the Xbox Guide is not supported at this Kiosk.

Actually they don't.  I have firsthand experience with a demo unit and it a retail 360 in full.  The demo disc disables the guide.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2006, 02:37:00 AM »

No! They were just messing with him. Its legal to have the disc.

No its not legal to have the disc. the disc is copyright.

redwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2006, 01:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Jan 11 2006, 11:44 AM) View Post

No its not legal to have the disc. the disc is copyright.

copyright of what? i work in a game store, that has a kiosk and took my Xbox360 to the staff room and tried the disc there...

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2006, 06:29:00 AM »

copyright of what?

the files on the disc are subject to copyright just the same as free demo discs on magazines even are. Meaning redistribution, downloading etc. not allowed legally
Why do you think so many members here got banned for linking to it etc etc
If the disc was not copyright that means it would legally be available  and not have to be sourced from the places it is.
If you work in a game store you should be well aware of copyright laws.
Edit
Just dug out a demo disc from a mag and its copyrighted

This post has been edited by Chancer: Jan 12 2006, 06:24 PM

LumpKin666

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2006, 08:21:00 AM »

I doubt he was actually trying to say that there was no copyright, but was trying to show that there's no copyright violation in operating the disc in a non-kiosk machine at the store.  He was probably asking what copyright extists that he would have violated, and I think the answer would probably be "none" in the scenerio that he presented (definitely none that MS would attempt to enforce anyhow).
Pages: [1] 2