xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Freestyle Dash Update, Now I Can't See Text  (Read 339 times)

PUNJABEE

• Archived User
Freestyle Dash Update, Now I Can't See Text
« on: April 05, 2013, 06:20:00 PM »

Sorry to bump such an old topic, (I did a search and this seems to be the only thread that matched me sorry).

I just updated my Kernel, as well as Avatar stuff, and lost all text on FSD. This doesn't happen in the standard 360 menu, JUST in FSD.  I tried reinstalling FSD a couple of times, (and changed the directory in launch.ini) even once in a different directory completley to no avail. I can delete everything in the installed direcory except the Data folder.

I even tried FTP'ing a couple of new skins into the SKins folder, and they don't show up!  Please help!

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 07:30:00 PM »

What version FSD do you have?

PUNJABEE

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 09:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Apr 6 2013, 02:30 AM) View Post

What version FSD do you have?

I'm on FSD 3 for sure, and I know you're probably wanting an actual revision version, but unfortunately I can't get that because of this problem, ha!

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 09:58:00 PM »

try putting FSD on a USB device and have a launch.ini that directs dashlaunch to load that FSD

PUNJABEE

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 10:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Apr 6 2013, 04:58 AM) View Post

try putting FSD on a USB device and have a launch.ini that directs dashlaunch to load that FSD

Doing that now thanks.

Although, I might have some worse news. I was mistaken about the standard 360 Dash. It does _not_ have text. It's got the "Games, Apps, Media" tabs up top, but once in there, no text.  I'm wondering if trying the USB FSD thing might be useless since it's actually affecting the standard 360 dash.

PUNJABEE

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 10:47:00 PM »

Looks like someone on another forum mentioned it's probably a write error with the NAND flash, and that seems to be it.

Oh well, I'll do another search. This is clearly not an FSD problem.  Thank you for your help Steveo!

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 10:51:00 PM »

come to #freestyledash on IRC in the EFNet network. I can help you better there and there a few people there that can help

PUNJABEE

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 10:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Apr 6 2013, 05:51 AM) View Post

come to #freestyledash on IRC in the EFNet network. I can help you better there and there a few people there that can help

Coolness, I'm in there now. Same nick.

PUNJABEE

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 08:51:00 AM »

Just wanted to update this thread and let everyone know that it was indeed a bad write with the NAND. I rebuilt an image with JRunner and reflashed, and it worked 100%.  Thanks again for your help, steveo!

jaroc

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 06:32:00 PM »

I did the dash update within FSD, and now I can't see any text at all in FSD. Anyone know if there's a way I can fix this through FTP? I tried deleting the data folder to no avail.

TheRealJPizzle

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »

use the FSD Installer or just FTP the latest FSD package over your current install

jaroc

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 06:37:00 PM »

lol just did that, thanks for the quick reply though. Shoulda tried that first i guess

awesome, now I have to manually reinstall every box art and game description, thanks freestyle dash!

This post has been edited by jaroc: Jun 7 2012, 01:39 AM

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 06:46:00 PM »

Mine does that automatically. I don't recall having to specifically configure it to do that, all I did was configure the folder locations so that FSD knew where to look for games, emulators etc, and once it had finished scanning it then downloaded all of the art and descriptions.

This post has been edited by Heimdall: Jun 7 2012, 01:50 AM

jaroc

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2020, 10:01:00 PM »

I have my login for the cover downloading setup but for some reason I have to go to every game, press Y and then select "refresh artwork" or it won't show up.

Still having weird text issues with the dash, I forget... where is the reset skin settings option? Can't seem to find it.