xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: FreeStyle Dash v2.0 RC 2.0 *Update RC 2.1*  (Read 457 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
FreeStyle Dash v2.0 RC 2.0 *Update RC 2.1*
« on: March 14, 2011, 02:42:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | March 14 16:42 EST | News Category: Xbox360

Team FSD released a new W.I.P. build of FreeStyle Dash v2.0, the alternative dashboard for homebrew/JTAG 360s.
Today they released RC2.0, available as independent download or if you already have FSD2 you can use the build-in updater.
*Update RC 2.1 Released*

The time has come! Support has been added for an optional connection with covers.jqe360.com. By registering at this website and linking your FSD settings with that account, you will be able to browse the growing list of covers for all content types on the PC with an option to install them directly onto your xbox.

Depending on your xbox settings, the next time you bootup FSD, or at the next polling time, your Cover art will update before your eyes. Not only is this a good way to get custom artwork and share your creations, but it also a solution for quickly providing standard artwork for your artwork challenged homebrew and xbox 1 collection!

Please continue to grow and support covers.jqe360.com as this will benefit everyone.

Notes:
-When pushing homebrew artwork to your xbox 360- on the website, you will need to enter the name of the homebrew app as the path your app is installed. For instance, if you have xm360 located at hdd1:\Applications\Xm360\default.xex you need to place xm360 in the field when prompted at the website. (not case sensitive)
-We would like to thank top contributers to the website thus far:
Trajik, JPizzle, ETB, mLoaD, GoodfellaKeyser, Gromber
And eveyrone else who has uploaded custom/original box art!

SVN NOTES:
**** COVER ART *****
(Updated) Cover auto update from Site
(Added) Custom Cover Content Settings
(added) Push covers from site to Xbox 360.
(Upadated) Scene for Custom Covers Settings.
(Fixed) Cover Uploading Edit Boxes in Settings

**** XLINK KAI *****
(Recoded) ArenaManager Code Base
(Recoded) XlinkKaiArenaList class
(Recoded) XlinkKaiChatPlayerList Class
(Recoded) XlinkKaiChat Class
(Recoded) Xlink Kai ChatManager Class
(Recoded) XlinkPlayerList Class
(Recoded) CKaiPlayer Vectors
(Recoded) XlinkKaiBuddyList Class
(Recoded) Buddy Manager Class
(Recoded) Arena Mode Chat
(Recoded) KaiPlayer Class
(Recoded) ScnXlinkPlayerInfo
(Fixed) Xlink Kai Login Freeze
(Fixed) Xlink Kai Arena Icons not downloading ( consequently clogging HTTP Downloader Queue )
(Fixed) Crash when deleting a kai buddy from your buddy list
(Fixed) Kai Content Vector Reading
(Updated) the way kai invites work ( hopefully more stable)
(Updated) the way kai private messages work (hopefully more stable)
(Updated) the way entering kai private rooms works (hopefully more stable)
(Added) Xlink Kai Support for Xbox 1 Games in FSD

**** MISC UPDATES ****
(Fixed) Missing Screenshot Downloading from Marketplace Scan
(Fixed) FTP "CD .." command for exiso / rarto360
(Fixed) Issue where game info wouldn't reset if you empty a blank favorites list
(Fixed) TitleUpdates Accessing Issues - Improved Stability
(Added) Filter to remove xbox from list of samba servers in the File Manager smb: folder
(Added) SubCaption to menus to help signify being in a favorites menu
(Added) Ability for FSD to fetch the # of samba clients connected to the server
(Added) Samba Server Status To Status Bar
(Added) Xlink Kai Connection Status To Status Bar

**** PLUGIN UPDATES ****
(Updated) Database links for multidisc GOD support
(Added) Plugin Support For GOD/NXE games in FSDPlugin (thanks to [cOz])

RC 2.1 has been released ...

FIXES:
(Fixed) Samba Speed by turning off debug code
(Fixed) Issue where Icons wouldn't get extracted for games with an invalid NXEart
(Fixed) Glitch in Settings Content
(Fixed) Typo in filebrowser
(Added) Ability to select cover quality from covers.jqe360.com ( higher quality covers consume more memory and more disk space)
(Fixed) Fonts not registering as default if set in the skin.xml

Official Site: http://www.teamfsd.com (#FreeStyleDash on EFnet)
Download: n/a (built with XDK)

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 04:16:00 PM »

super cool - glad to see the fixed CD command, I was wondering what the heck was causing RarTo360 to crash with the new FSD!

great work as always =D

This post has been edited by ILLusions0fGrander: Mar 14 2011, 11:16 PM

Midnight Tboy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 05:37:00 PM »

I'm just awaiting a replacement jtag as the last died.  I plan to move the hdd from the old one to the new one, with it already being loaded with my content.

so with this linking to the new cover site.......

...should I now delete all the old artwork info which were huge in filesize if they are no longer needed, considering they take up quite a lot of space?  (and ideally install fresh FSD rather than an update)

What would happen when I readd the paths?  Would it then download them all over again from the MS servers (and take an age as normal)....or will it only get the more optimised and different style full covers from JQE360?

soulwarrior

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 05:59:00 PM »

yes, xlink login is fixed! Good work

PimpLou22

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 06:34:00 PM »

Any news/progress on the Trainers plugin for FSD.  I read a while ago that it was possible and that they were making some headway.  I hope things are still developing.....

I know many people disagree, but for me, cheating in games makes it so much more fun!!

Twis7eD

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 09:04:00 PM »

Nice job once again. Thanks for the release.

Xfreaks

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 12:16:00 AM »

New Update :
FSD2.0 RC2.1 - !HotFix! - Released March 14, 2011

numlockhome

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 03:28:00 AM »

Great release, lets play some xlink kai everyone!  biggrin.gif

node21

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 10:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(ILLusions0fGrander @ Mar 14 2011, 05:16 PM) View Post

super cool - glad to see the fixed CD command, I was wondering what the heck was causing RarTo360 to crash with the new FSD!

great work as always =D

Not entirely sure what RarTo360 does, specifically...but have you considered just using the new samba server and regular old WinRar?  All of the tools which specifically use ftp to transfer files to the 360 are probably no longer necessary...

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(node21 @ Mar 15 2011, 12:25 PM) View Post

Not entirely sure what RarTo360 does, specifically...but have you considered just using the new samba server and regular old WinRar?  All of the tools which specifically use ftp to transfer files to the 360 are probably no longer necessary...

RarTo360 does one of two things.

1: takes a ISO and extracts it (on the fly) to the 360 with no need to extract the files to hard disc first, saving time and disc space.

2: extracts the ISO from a RAR archive, then does the ISO extraction on the fly.

basically it just cuts the step out of needing to extract files first, then copy them.

node21

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 03:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(ILLusions0fGrander @ Mar 15 2011, 03:20 PM) *

RarTo360 does one of two things.

1: takes a ISO and extracts it (on the fly) to the 360 with no need to extract the files to hard disc first, saving time and disc space.

2: extracts the ISO from a RAR archive, then does the ISO extraction on the fly.
basically it just cuts the step out of needing to extract files first, then copy them.

Okay, so at least the first of those things can now be done straight to the 360 via samba...
1) mount any iso with whatever tool you choose (daemon tools, virtual clone drive...) and drag the files to where ever you want them on the 360.

The second one would involve using WinRar (or the like) to extract the ISO first...bringing you to step 1.

-node

uratrtl

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 03:47:00 PM »

Thanks for all the hard work, this really is an incredible dash!

I have one question though: When I try to set up a "managed game path" on FSD with SMB I get a *Permission Denied* error when I try to browse to a password protected directory share on my windows PC. How do I add the directory with the username:password to the line so I can access it?

Thanks for all the amazing work on app so far, can't wait to see whats yet to come.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »

I dont think you can mount a 360 iso with standard ISO tools - I use PowerISO and it just mounts the Video partition, not the actual data. I assume it would be the same with daemon tools?

open my app, select the ISO, enter the games name and click "start transfer" (automatically skips SystemUpdate folder)
vs
mount the ISO (need paid software), browse to the games folder on 360, create a new folder and name it, drag files making sure to not select the SystemUpdate folder.

We all have our preferences, this just happens to be mine, especially since I spent the time coding the app!

This post has been edited by ILLusions0fGrander: Mar 15 2011, 10:56 PM

Midnight Tboy

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2011, 04:02:00 PM »

so if I was to delete all the old game cover import data (of which the folder is quite large due to the big image file sizes)....and have it us this new cover site.......(so in other words - a fresh FSD install instead of upgrade)......would it still then attempt to redownload all the covers from the MS sites again (taking ages on my slow connection?)

node21

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 09:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(uratrtl @ Mar 15 2011, 04:47 PM) View Post

I have one question though: When I try to set up a "managed game path" on FSD with SMB I get a *Permission Denied* error when I try to browse to a password protected directory share on my windows PC. How do I add the directory with the username:password to the line so I can access it?

You can't add a smb: path to your list of managed game paths.  Sorry.  If you browse to the smb: path using the filemanager, you will be prompted for the username/password (and given the option to store it).

QUOTE(ILLusions0fGrander @ Mar 15 2011, 04:53 PM) View Post

I dont think you can mount a 360 iso with standard ISO tools

No, you're probably right.  I spent the time coding the samba server so I'm just looking for cool uses for it!  ;-)

-node
Pages: [1] 2