xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: FreeStyle Dash v2.0 RC 1.8  (Read 501 times)

antisniperspy

• Archived User
FreeStyle Dash v2.0 RC 1.8
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2011, 04:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Mar 11 2011, 01:05 PM) View Post

It tells you in the tool what they are:, CPU/ GPU/ ED-RAM. I normally have 53/53/53 or 55/55/55 and leave the overload values unchanged. Probably a good idea though to change the overload to 80/80/80.

Sorry I dont see that in .97 Flash Dump Tool but maybe I am blind. Thanks for you setting. I put mine at 52/52/52 and 80/80/80 but while sitting at FreeStyleDash it never went above 52C. Hoe does it know when to ramp up the fans and what does the overload do? thanks again

antisniperspy

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2011, 04:59:00 PM »

Thanks for the info Haygar. I remeber we talked about this a while ago in one of my other threads. This way is a lot better than setting the default in freestyle to like 70% which is really loud all the time.

ScuzzBucket

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2011, 01:50:00 PM »

"(Added) Ability to hide a game from your game list"

Great feature but how do you do it?

edit:Found it. you hit y when highlighting a game, then Move Game to No Section. Bummer you need to rescan the whole db to get a game back but still a very cool option to have.

danthaman673

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2011, 12:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(Midnight Tboy @ Mar 10 2011, 04:47 AM) View Post

Maybe it had added a 2nd folder - however now can't check the settings for obvious reasons smile.gif  I did get a few reboots out of the console initially and it kept the duplicates each time (was a fresh install initially of RC1.7 and updated to 1.8)

If only you were based in UK....I hadn't heard of that TR-360 heatsink until now......so it does add options, of paying someone to repair it again and also install one of them at the same time.  I wonder what the cost of that will set me back......compared to buying a newer Jasper jtagged console.

I will of course hold of doing anything drastic to the 360 (like oven bakes etc) until decide for certain what to do next smile.gif

Anyways....sorry for the offtopic

Reflow+Flux AND/OR (BGA repair+leaded solder) = A good start if it's had more than one RROD. Once you have the basis then get a TR-360/LegacywhisperMax or similar cooling solution. I'm still waiting for our guy who's done/doing all the different thermal variant mods for the 360 testing/benchmarking to publish his results (Or give them to me, so I might publish them) I know there are quite a few surprises in there. We are also looking for anyone who would be interested in benchmarking popular games on 95nm/65nm/45nm consoles using our temp plugin (yes we really are going to release it shortly, just waiting on those results)

QUOTE(radoman @ Mar 10 2011, 06:09 AM) View Post

Why wouldnt you set a constant fan speed on a jasper? My jasper has been set at 60-70% since the day I got it. The gpu/ram/cpu temps have never been higher than 50c. So (touching wood) will never rrod on me.  I have messed around with the target temp settings but I found the sound of the fans stepping up and down distracting. Its funny how high the temp threshold is set as stock though, you never seem to see a stock console speed up its fans no matter how warm it gets.

Jaspers loose hardly any energy into heat, it's not worth it as the Auto keeps it very low anyway.  There are more efficient ways to get it to run cooler like the 'fan-cutout-mod' (If ur not worried about kids sticking things into the back of it) or upgrading the fans/heatsink etc.

danthaman673

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2011, 11:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Mar 14 2011, 01:23 AM) View Post

It works, and it works well. They've done a good job on the file manager, and yes it does copy directories.

This file manager was also on the previous release.

The extra about box is intentional I believe, it's the weather widget (I don't get an error when selecting it). FSD2 is WIP.

Cheers,

Good 2 know about the widget (I have it configured properly, it could be the update path I have taken)

I hadn't had need to use the file manager, I had noticed the new button assignments - It's strange that it doesn't seem that secondary functions are selectable having highlighted the item in question... The directory I wanted to copy was full of other directories and amounted to over 120gig

I stand by my B button comment tho, as many ppl use it to get them 'back' from causing damage if they've goten out of their depth (like my illiterate  5 yr old, who figures out wot stuff does by pressing buttons, usually if there's no pretty pictures,animations or games launching he just 'backs' out and no damage done, It does worry me a little now tho... Guess it's good it's not working fer the time being)

Thanx for letting me know anyway, I'm dreading doing a fresh install and having to download all teh artworx again...

Looks like we are going to need a new freeboot now/shortly as well.. Doh'

EDIT: Altho still incorrectly labeled, the weather tab/widget is working (Man that is soooo cool BTW - Watch now as M$ ripps it off!!)
File manager appears mostly functional as well, thinking it might have been due to testing with the kid's controller (RB doesn't work so good) Sorry...

danthaman673

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2011, 01:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Mar 14 2011, 03:31 AM) View Post

B is the back button! If someone goes into the File Manager and just presses B it will go back to FSD2, it won't delete anything regardless of what is selected. It won't delete anything unless RB or LB is held down and even then, when you do try to delete something it will ask you to confirm before it deletes what is selected.

I've copied the entire contents of a 320GB USB drive to a 2TB Drive (connected via Sata). I also copied the contents of a 250GB official HDD to USB and then copied that back to the 2TB drive using FSD2 File Manager too.

By the sound of it you are having difficulties using it yourself, so I doubt your "illiterate 5 yr old" is going to be able to use it to delete stuff. The way they have it, it's not particully easy to accidently delete something. While they could make it harder to delete something, it would likely annoy people when they want to delete something.

The File Manager from 2 releases back was easier to use and simpiler for coping the odd file, but this one works much better for coping multiple files.

You also have to remember X is what you use to select multiple files/ folders to delete/move/copy and not A. I also found it useful that it can launch XBLA/ GOD as well as XeX files though the File Manager.

Clearly what you want is a kiddi-proof mode, you could do that by editing the Skin. You could even just try using an old skin from one of the previous releases, as most of the features won't work due to the changes.

Yes some1 else here is meant to be working on a kiddy-proof skin (he started a while ago - but I think he decided to wait for the formats/editors to settle a bit - which I guess they have)

I see the point that some1 has to pressing one of the bumper buttons (it was their<kids> controller that has bumper issues <chocolate methinks> so I'm not too worried at this point, and I do  like the new system as it is far more powerful) ,it's just that ppl (kids in particualr) see the icon (eg fer LB and their instinct is to push it to figure-out what it's doing.... Never mind, I guess the confirmation diag covers repeated B pressing) It just seemed a little counter-intuitive I guess but it's growing on me.... I know others who have had 'issues' getting used to the highlight with X system, but that always made sense to me (handy too!)

I am officially wowed by the samba server and would strongly recommend anyone who hasn't seem it check it out! it Rocks! Can't wait to see some of the cool stuff that will *hopefully* arise here...

RRoD420

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »

the title updates STILL don't work correctly. I have to start xbox, go to black ops, exit back to dash and start black ops again to see my TU4 to play new maps. WHY!?

danthaman673

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2011, 11:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Mar 12 2011, 03:35 AM) View Post

It tells you in the tool what they are:, CPU/ GPU/ ED-RAM. I normally have 53/53/53 or 55/55/55 and leave the overload values unchanged. Probably a good idea though to change the overload to 80/80/80.

58.5/54/55 Is optimal for most mobos, There are many variables tho - One should always do  it at least one mod if possible to improve cooling if u have Falcon or earlier...

doveman007

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2011, 07:07:00 AM »

Actually, it turned out to be quieter in FSD2 but louder (like 80%) and more annoying (because of the fans speeding up every 30seconds for several minutes when starting a game)!

So, I've gone back to 70% set in FSD2. After gaming, CPU is around 48, GPU 50, RAM 53, which I'm happy enough with.

Of course, I could change the thermal settings to something like 52/52/55 but I still think that will result in the fans running slower in FSD2 and then ramping up when I start gaming. Besides, it's handy having them spin up to 70% when FSD2 boots, because then I can tell it's ready to FTP into, without needing to turn my TV on wink.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3]