xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: *** Xell Reloaded *** The Future Of Nix360.  (Read 414 times)

juggahax0r

• Archived User
*** Xell Reloaded *** The Future Of Nix360.
« on: March 13, 2011, 03:35:00 AM »

YOUTUBE VIDEO LINK

If a mod can come through and embed this video properly and delete this little note that would be great ... no worries though people can click links.

Before i begin I will make it clear I only test for these guys , this is absolutely all of their work. I will list a few core feature changes/improvements and let the video speak for itself. I cannot speculate or provide any insight into when their will be a new release , it is being kept private until it is ready for mass consumption. I will leave it to the devs to put the credits for each individual fix/improvement/change in their release change log ... this is just to hopefully get the word out that Linux/Libxenon on the 360 IS NOT dead ... expect to see more than just an updated Xell.

Core feature Changes/Improvements:

- This may not belong at the top of the list but Xell Reloaded comes with a facelift (watch the video).

- Better avpack detection ... I think it works with all connectors now .. but don't quote me i test VGA.

- VGA resolution is hardcoded too 1024x768 , so it shouldn't cause problems on small screens.

- ATA reset added; no more IRQ error loading the Linux kernel through Xellaunch.

- Much improved USB detection , no more unplugging your powerbrick to get USB in Xell.

- Improved Cdrom disc detection.

- lwip version 1.4.0.r2 - faster speeds , more reliabe DHCP , better networking as a whole.

- Too many things to list them all .... Alot of things are working much better now; and many more things are still being worked on. Their are a few issues needing some Jedi magic; but I have much confidence in this group.

I will not be able to make a complete list of Thank Yous but i can cover the ones who I have worked with directly , or indirectly, so if i miss your name it's not intentional I just don't know EVERYONE who has helped.

Thank Yous : In no particular order.
tmbinc , ge0rg , happy_bunny , Redline99 , [c0z] , Gligli , tuxuser , Cancerous1 , Ced2911 , all the folks in #libxenon , for the new found interest and help with testing for the guys , and anyone who I may have missed. Keep up the good work , let's make 2011 the year for 360 Linux and Legal homebrew as a whole.

Cheers,
Jugg@Hax0r.

Join us in #libxenon on efnet IRC. Stay up to date on all things libxenon.

Also check out the new libxenon forums: (If this breaks forum rules please remove)

Libxenon Forums

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 04:05:00 PM »

NEW VIDEO BOOT Linux Mint 360

Sonic-NKT

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 02:45:00 PM »

Video of running Ubuntu Live CD 10.10 (Beta 5)

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 09:55:00 AM »

Nice man!!! biggrin.gif

I never been a real linux guy, but I do like anything that allows you to run your own OS on the 360.

Has there been any discussion as to whether or not SDL may be supported by libxenon in the future? I just check the forums and didn't see any topics about it.

Dys0n

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 09:04:00 PM »

Nice Xell Reloaded is comming along nicely nowdays