xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Linux Preference  (Read 358 times)

jigglywiggly

• Archived User
Linux Preference
« on: November 18, 2010, 08:51:00 PM »

Most practical? Probably Debian 4, felt much more responsive than Ubuntu, although I do not like Debian 4.
Here is my xbox in Debian

Here is a much lower qualtiy video of my 360 running Ubuntu.

Chrisoldinho

• Archived User
Linux Preference
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 09:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(jigglywiggly @ Nov 19 2010, 03:51 AM) View Post

Most practical? Probably Debian 4, felt much more responsive than Ubuntu, although I do not like Debian 4.
Here is my xbox in Debian
Here is a much lower qualtiy video of my 360 running Ubuntu.

Brilliant, just what I was looking for! thanks smile.gif

Chrisoldinho

• Archived User
Linux Preference
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 05:12:00 PM »

One more question - at present which distro's support sound or can all distro's be compiled to do so using the libxenon files?

Cheers

juggahax0r

• Archived User
Linux Preference
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 09:09:00 AM »

libxenon is just for Xell/Xellous it either loads Linux flashes you nand or loads a libxenon compiled .elf file. You can create libxenon software with the toolchain for linux.

To get the latest drivers you need the kernel patches and really regardless of what version you use you can run it with any kernel, install linux to your HDD and then whatever kernel you put on your bootloader disc is the one that will be used.

BladeWing

• Archived User
Linux Preference
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 03:19:00 PM »

Which distro is better for running on the Sammy-MSxx drives ?? I never got linux to boot. It would get so far, then hang...

Not that i use my jtag anymore, i put too much money into having it repaired, and non ever stuck....

jigglywiggly

• Archived User
Linux Preference
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 02:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(BladeWing @ Nov 20 2010, 02:19 PM) View Post

Which distro is better for running on the Sammy-MSxx drives ?? I never got linux to boot. It would get so far, then hang...

Not that i use my jtag anymore, i put too much money into having it repaired, and non ever stuck....

It never booted with gentoo live cd? If that didn't work, I have no idea.

Oh and, to the guy who said you need some xex file, nah. I just hit the eject button on my 360 and it boots to Xellous. (Freeboot, xbr did this as well) Or you can flatout install Xellous, which is what I did during my comp sci project... (Cluster of 360s, and I made a program that ran on the cluster to bench them biggrin.gif ) Was fun.