xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Snes9x Gx Beta001  (Read 420 times)

northwestjuggalos

• Archived User
Snes9x Gx Beta001
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 03:10:00 AM »

I have 3 xboxs that are not upgraded yet however I will be performing this on all 3 soon. However I know this is off-topic but if someone could link me or if its even possible yet it would be WIN! 2 of the 3 360s have bad dvd drives, the keys are unrecoverable on the drive itself, is there a new way with the new exploits to get the encrypted key from the board?

Thanks.

BTW! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WORKING ON THIS PROJECT, YOU PWNZ. I am excited to see where this will go.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
Snes9x Gx Beta001
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 03:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(northwestjuggalos @ Sep 8 2009, 10:10 AM) View Post

I have 3 xboxs that are not upgraded yet however I will be performing this on all 3 soon. However I know this is off-topic but if someone could link me or if its even possible yet it would be WIN! 2 of the 3 360s have bad dvd drives, the keys are unrecoverable on the drive itself, is there a new way with the new exploits to get the encrypted key from the board?

Thanks.

BTW! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WORKING ON THIS PROJECT, YOU PWNZ. I am excited to see where this will go.

Yes, the new XeLL exploit displays the CPU key at the startup. Using this information, you can run it against the dumped NAND in FlashTool to show the DVD key and DVD drive type (OSIG). More info here.

Back OT, I can't wait to try this once I get home tonight smile.gifsmile.gif The sound clicking was slightly irritating so will be nice to hear the difference. Analog support for the directional controls would be a blessing too as this shows up how bad the D-Pad really is on the 360 controller.

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
Snes9x Gx Beta001
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 04:04:00 AM »

It's really good to see these frequent updates and improvements  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) . I can't wait for the other 360 versions to be supported.
QUOTE(northwestjuggalos @ Sep 8 2009, 10:10 AM) *
However I know this is off-topic but if someone could link me or if its even possible yet it would be WIN! 2 of the 3 360s have bad dvd drives, the keys are unrecoverable on the drive itself, is there a new way with the new exploits to get the encrypted key from the board?
It's pretty easy to do and you can even change your DVD key to whatever you like.....
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=690640
*edit*
Martinchris23 beat me to it.

This post has been edited by sabbath_dude: Sep 8 2009, 11:05 AM

TMG8

• Archived User
Snes9x Gx Beta001
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 10:04:00 AM »

muhaha.gif NOW WE'RE TALKING! good job

fatvince

• Archived User
Snes9x Gx Beta001
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 02:49:00 AM »

I really appreciate the hard work that's gone into this hack, but I don't think it will ever really take off in it's current form. With only a few thousand people worldwide that would

a) have the knowledge and take the risk of doing this and
cool.gif not be able to play new games once the summer update/'bug'fix is mandatory

What I do hope however is that by being able to read/write to all models of xbox360s via this hack, that other exploits will be found. Sorta like the wii, once wii mode was accessible, all kinds of hacks and exploits started showing up, to the point where you can do pretty much anything you like with it now.

But major, major props to the guys who made this possible.

Cue Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'"  laugh.gif

Steini1984

• Archived User
Snes9x Gx Beta001
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 08:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(fatvince @ Sep 9 2009, 10:49 AM) View Post

not be able to play new games once the summer update/'bug'fix is mandatory

Anyone know if the new Beatles Rock band has the dreadful update (it wants me to update but i dont know if it´s only a minimal controller update or the horrible, homebrew crippling update) i have the game and controllers ready but it wants me to update and i dont dare to smile.gif

Thanks a bunch

Relapse75

• Archived User
Snes9x Gx Beta001
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 08:57:00 AM »

Look into the game disc and it will tell you what update it has.

docentore

• Archived User
Snes9x Gx Beta001
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 09:17:00 AM »

does anyone knows brand and model of usb stick that work for sure? I've checked all of mine's, none of them work.
Transcend JF V30 1gb, 2gb
Kingston Traveller 1gb,
busy 16gb,
Sandisk 1gb SD/USB stick
Pages: 1 [2]