xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Are Microsoft Banning Anymore?  (Read 245 times)

toddgei

• Archived User
Are Microsoft Banning Anymore?
« on: January 20, 2011, 06:03:00 AM »

This is the million dollar question, banning xbox live does not stop piracy where as ap2.5 is serving this purpose.  I said in another thread that I wouldnt be surprised if ap2.5 is a different tact towards combating piracy.  To those informed people like ourselves that are aware of the xbox modding scene we understand about AP2.5 and the need to patch titles, but to the average Joe out there (which would make a large percentage of those with moded consoles) they would have no idea how or why it is happening and if it is constantly happening with games they will eventually give up and just buy the originals, most wouldnt even know about agbx let alone understand the concept of having to patch games or obtain new copies and will serve as a massive deterant to those people.

It's all speculative at the moment, but I am not sure why the ban hammer didnt hit prior to black ops surely if they were going to hit the ban hammer that was the perfect moment to do it.

Obveron

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 05:27:00 PM »

Those flagged will be banned during the next ban wave.  There is absolutely no reason why that would change.

kiltear

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »

There's absolutely no gain for Microsoft to ban people. It just make the hackers go out and buy more consoles and Microsoft doesn't profit from console sale. And the other reason they shouldn't ban people is that they can make a profit from the hackers buying and downloading contents from Live. Conclusion, if MS stop banning, then it will slow down the hackers from buying more consoles.

Banning = no gain

No banning = gain a little profit from the hackers downloading contents from Live

(it's better to have little profit then no profit)

Not only that but a lot of ban consoles will be in the hands of the innocent people buying the ban consoles. So MS should stop banning all together, to save the innocent people from buying those ban consoles.
:-)

Also, to stop the circulation of ban consoles.

Obveron

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 08:27:00 AM »

^ you're out of your mind.

First of all, MS doens't take a loss on hardware sales anymore, this isn't 2006 anymore.

Second, MS LOVES to ban modded consoles. Game developers have an expectation that MS will do everything in their power to stop modders and that's what they'll do.  The profits you speak of are irrelevant.

Third, MS HATES second hand sales.  They want everyone to buy new machines only.  That's why they release new revisions all the time.  They want your old console to be near worthless on the resale market, pushin people to just buy a new one.  The prospect of buying a second hand RLOD or banned machine only helps this strategy of directing people to buy only new hardware.

Fourth, xbox-scene does not want another ban speculation thread, there's been a million before and this whole thread should go.

kiltear

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 09:51:00 AM »

Conclusion: I think MS shouldn't ban people because the hackers would sell his ban consoles on craiglist or any other places to the innocent people and then he went out and just buy another console. The street will be flooded with ban consoles if MS start banning people again. There is no win win situation for MS to ban people. They should just concentrate on the next more secure system or console next time.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 10:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(kiltear @ Jan 22 2011, 10:51 AM) View Post

Conclusion: I think MS shouldn't ban people because the hackers would sell his ban consoles on craiglist or any other places to the innocent people and then he went out and just buy another console. The street will be flooded with ban consoles if MS start banning people again. There is no win win situation for MS to ban people. They should just concentrate on the next more secure system or console next time.

Conclusion: you didnt read a thing Obveron posted and have no idea what you are talking about

kiltear

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 11:07:00 AM »

Hey, i got the rights to express my opinion. My opinion could be wrong to you but others may agree with me.

DaShiZNiT

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 06:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Jan 22 2011, 11:04 AM) View Post

Conclusion: you didnt read a thing Obveron posted and have no idea what you are talking about

LMFAOROFLCOPTER!!!      jester.gif  laugh.gif  jester.gif

ricochet69

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 06:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(toddgei @ Jan 20 2011, 01:03 PM) View Post

This is the million dollar question, banning xbox live does not stop piracy where as ap2.5 is serving this purpose.  I said in another thread that I wouldnt be surprised if ap2.5 is a different tact towards combating piracy.  To those informed people like ourselves that are aware of the xbox modding scene we understand about AP2.5 and the need to patch titles, but to the average Joe out there (which would make a large percentage of those with moded consoles) they would have no idea how or why it is happening and if it is constantly happening with games they will eventually give up and just buy the originals, most wouldnt even know about agbx let alone understand the concept of having to patch games or obtain new copies and will serve as a massive deterant to those people.

It's all speculative at the moment, but I am not sure why the ban hammer didnt hit prior to black ops surely if they were going to hit the ban hammer that was the perfect moment to do it.

toddgei i would completely agree with you. I know several people who have said "ah sure i couldnt be bothered ill just buy new ones".  Yes i also agree that anyone who has been flagged will be banned if there is a new ban wave but my question was has there been one since this ap25 came out?

I think to be honest thats all M$ should be doing to prevent piracy. It doesnt stop people copying games by banning their consoles but this doesnt mean that microsoft arent going to ban people as well just to be cunts. Also if they dont ban and just stop backups working then it means more xbox live and dlc bought and original games which im guessing is there ultimate goal (besides taking over the world).

This new development with CODMW2 is kinda freaky, i mean id love to know how they got copied MW2 games to stop booting considering its such an old game.

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Jan 22 2011, 05:04 PM) View Post

LMFAOROFLYSST

laugh.gif