xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Game Updates For Xbox With Ixtreme Lt ?  (Read 160 times)

1hotjob

• Archived User
Game Updates For Xbox With Ixtreme Lt ?
« on: March 18, 2010, 12:44:00 PM »

Connecting to LIVE after playing a copy of a game could get you banned. I don't think it matters if you re-flash your drive to stock.

Read this thread.

sharpo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 04:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(jjohnny1212 @ Mar 17 2010, 10:57 PM) View Post

Ok I just flashed my xbox 360 after making sure it has dashboard 8955 which I presumed was the latest system update. Then I got mass effect 2 and battlefield bad company 2 and made backups of those. Loaded the games in and xbox live wants a game update. I dunno if I should intrattenimento apply the game updates as I don't want to get banned. So basically asking if anyone has done a game update for these games on xbox live and if its ok. Searched the web and it says the mass effect 2 has a system update for wave 6 games, but not to much information on this. so I dunno what to do now.

1. should i apply the game update?

2. should i reflash the drive to stock and do the game update?

3. do i have to reflash the drive back to stock for all the game updates?

4. can i take the moddded xbox Harddrive, plug it into my stock xbox which is not flashed and get the game update and put it back into my xbox with lt, will this work?

Try searching but didn't find any informative responses. trying to figure out the safest way to not get my system banned. I know there is already a risk.

thanks in advance for any advise

do i have to reflash the drive back to stock for all the game updates?

thwack

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 05:07:00 AM »

It's generally considered that you only need to flash back to stock for dashboard updates (ie dash 8995 to 9199), game updates AFAIK don't flag your console.

smith111

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 10:33:00 PM »

Thanks for sharing ni muhaha.gif ce post.