xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Banned - Hd And Profiles ?  (Read 530 times)

Jeracan

• Archived User
Banned - Hd And Profiles ?
« on: November 07, 2009, 08:43:00 AM »

Been reading formums here and there, back and forth and got moust of my answers but stil wondering about a few. So sorry for another ban-topic  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif)

I bought a flashed 360 some months ago with iExtreme 1.6 and now my console is banned.
Kinda saw it coming but, anyway...I cant connect to XS Live anymore. I know the console itself is banned but what about my profile? and not least my 120GB HD?

Can I go to a store buy a brand new console and put in my old 120GB and be safe?

Do I have to make a new GT / account or can I be safe with my old profile?

Whats moust important to me is wether I can use my old HD 120GB on the new once since
that probably only has a 20 or 60gb.

Hope someone can answer me this, because I so much want to get back on.

Cheers!

sonic2120

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jeracan @ Nov 7 2009, 09:43 AM) View Post

Been reading formums here and there, back and forth and got moust of my answers but stil wondering about a few. So sorry for another ban-topic  uhh.gif

I bought a flashed 360 some months ago with iExtreme 1.6 and now my console is banned.
Kinda saw it coming but, anyway...I cant connect to XS Live anymore. I know the console itself is banned but what about my profile? and not least my 120GB HD?

Can I go to a store buy a brand new console and put in my old 120GB and be safe?

Do I have to make a new GT / account or can I be safe with my old profile?

Whats moust important to me is wether I can use my old HD 120GB on the new once since
that probably only has a 20 or 60gb.

Hope someone can answer me this, because I so much want to get back on.

Cheers!

You can use your hard drive on another system but all your saves will appear corrupt on any other system besides the banned one. You'll have to recover the gamertag since that won't show up on another system either. basically all content of the hard drive it locked to that particular console when it gets banned. Maybe after losing all your saves and having to buy another console, you'll play it safe this time.

Jeracan

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 09:10:00 AM »

yes absolutely learned a lesson now and thanks for fast reply (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Glad I'm able to use my old 120GB, will probably just format it anyway.
But using my old profile (gamertag) on the new console, or making a new one
stil feels risky. I have no idea what I should do here..perhaps just start from scrath
there aswell.

joe.uk

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 09:20:00 AM »

jerican as sonic2120 says your hdd and gamercard are both safe (thou more than likely you'll hav to recover gamertag) the prob seems to be the gamesave data, if you play(or maybe even try n install to hdd) any game on the banned console it seems to corrupt that particular games save file & the used profile,seems most people have been fortunate enough to have had a 2nd 360 to plug hdd straight into and not lost anything,
Therefore try not to play any more games on the banned console or u may lose the saved data for that game!!!

sonic2120

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 09:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jeracan @ Nov 7 2009, 10:10 AM) View Post

yes absolutely learned a lesson now and thanks for fast reply smile.gif

Glad I'm able to use my old 120GB, will probably just format it anyway.
But using my old profile (gamertag) on the new console, or making a new one
stil feels risky. I have no idea what I should do here..perhaps just start from scrath
there aswell.

There is no way to know how Microsoft does there thing. It could cause a flag on the new system by using your same gamertag but that just might be paranoia. The safest thing would be to format your hard drive and if it won't kill you, create a new gamertag. You picking up Arcade system at wal-mart while the deal is still on? That is if they have any left.

Jeracan

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 09:30:00 AM »

Have already formated the HD and made a new passport account which I will use on my new profile once I
get the new console. Yeah thought I pick up an arcade, if not I'll buy an elite and just sell the new controller
with the 120GB HD  tongue.gif