xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1 Gamertag Set Up On Two Hdds  (Read 459 times)

-Gadget-

• Archived User
1 Gamertag Set Up On Two Hdds
« on: October 29, 2009, 01:22:00 PM »

how does it work when yo have your gamertag on two dif HDD  (when u recover it on the second)

its just my boy, spends half the time with me and half with his mum ...
would be easier if he had his gamertag set up at mine and his mums (therefore and two places)

obviously he wont be logged in at both places (what happerns when its tried ?)

he has been bringing HDD back and forth but keeps forgetting etc and its becoing a problem !

any one else tried this ?? Mick ..

daman22

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 01:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(-Gadget- @ Oct 29 2009, 09:22 PM) View Post

how does it work when yo have your gamertag on two dif HDD  (when u recover it on the second)

its just my boy, spends half the time with me and half with his mum ...
would be easier if he had his gamertag set up at mine and his mums (therefore and two places)

obviously he wont be logged in at both places (what happerns when its tried ?)

he has been bringing HDD back and forth but keeps forgetting etc and its becoing a problem !

any one else tried this ?? Mick ..

Id think it wouldl be ok 2 have 1 HDs, he's just have to recover it each time when he uses the one at his moms, and the one at yours...

Tomobobo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 04:58:00 PM »

You can log into your account on a separate storage device, however, you have to recover the account each time.  

It's kinda a pain in the ass process, and I'm just using one account between two consoles in the same house.  It kinda sucks, but what I've been told to do is get a memory card, and store the account on the card, that way you don't have to recover each time, and you don't have to swap out the actual hard disk.  

Hope that helps man.

mrpunchy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 07:38:00 AM »

Get a memory card and use it. It will be a huge times savings for ya and works great.

kmfdm515

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 08:48:00 AM »

you can do it without recovering each time - i've got my gamertag set up on 2 360s, works great (other than obviously only being able to log into Live on one 360 at a time)...but you need a memorycard, and data transfer kit

like this one:  http://www.amazon.co...t/dp/B000G02KGG

to hook it up to your pc.  you copy your gamertag onto to your memcard, hook it up to your pc, and it makes a copy so you can move it to both the 360 HDDs.  i've never had an issue with it after setting it up on both.

Spoo76

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 08:25:00 PM »

$5 version http://www.360memory..... Adaptor.html
i havent used it though