xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 2 360's 1 Router Please Help  (Read 103 times)

Martinchris23

• Archived User
2 360's 1 Router Please Help
« on: December 18, 2008, 11:58:00 AM »

When you open ports on your router, you normally don't just open them for all traffic - it'll be directed to one or more addresses on your network.

Make sure both 360s have a fixed DHCP address assigned by the MAC address (Linksys routers support this method of DHCP). Once you have the two addresses, make sure you specify each port for each address, so you'll have two entries for each port, each having a different destination address.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 04:50:00 PM »

What I'd try is putting one of the 360's in the DMZ and the other set the port triggering as previously instructed.

woody21_1

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 06:45:00 AM »

have you tried setting both xbox to a staic ip rather that letting them use dhcp to automatically assign ip adresses.

if not set this up on the consoles through the network settings manually and use ip adresses well away from each other (and any other computers connected) just in case its causing a conflict somewhere..

hope it helps as its all i can think of at the moment as you seem to have tried everything with the settings on your router but have not mentioned if you tried to set up static ips on the consoles..

hasons80

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 02:32:00 PM »

Thank you for the advice.  I do not really understand DMZ.  From the little I understood, I would need to set up one xbox with a static IP, then add that IP to the DMZ?  But I was under the impression that if I did that, I would have issues connecting with the other xbox?  Also, here is the real kicker, I need to replace my ethernet port on my CPU, I have it going through a wireless USB connection to the router.  Would that be effected by the DMZ setting?

hasons80

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 02:34:00 PM »

Thank you for the prompt response.  I tried setting up static IP's and what would happen is one could get on while the other could not reach the internet.   I will try your advice and let you know how it works.

P.S. 1800 4my xbox is WORTHLESS!

Thanks for the help.

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 03:14:00 PM »

Do not crosspost.  I have merged your 2 identical topics.  Keep discussions to one thread per issue please.

vb_encryption_vb

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 03:35:00 PM »

make things simple, put one on hard line put the other wireless... it solved my problem anyways. And what microsoft said about the router not being capable they just want you to buy a router that says xbox live supported so they get a kick back.