xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Connecting To Live For The First Time.  (Read 46 times)

Jimi2133

• Archived User
Connecting To Live For The First Time.
« on: February 03, 2020, 02:19:00 PM »

Hey

Here's the situation:

I just got a 360 and live, so i'm new to all this.  Anyway, I have a wireless network connecting three computers in my house, and I want to connect the 360 to live using the computer in the same room as it.  So I have a crossover cable going from the xbox to the ethernet port in the computer, which is connected to the wireless network.  I tried to connect to live and couldn't.  I failed the ip address check, so I tried this tutorial: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/connect/ics_xp.htm.  When I tried to allow other network users to connect through my main internet connection, an error occurs saying a lan connection is already configured with the IP address that is required for automatic IP addressing.

So I enabled sharing on the lan network, then disabled sharing, and enabled sharing on the main internet connection, and it worked. Then the xbox passes the IP check, but fails the DNS check, and I can't browse the internet on my computer without disabling sharing and restarting the computer.

Where should I go from here?