xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: 360 Queenz Theme too Mature for Marketplace  (Read 722 times)

Awes0me Dude

• Archived User
360 Queenz Theme too Mature for Marketplace
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2007, 11:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(miggidy @ May 4 2007, 01:02 PM) View Post

rolleyes.gif

Again, what does this theme have to do with actual nudity????
So you don't want your son looking at women? Perhaps you'd like him looking at men instead?
Why don't you move to a Middle Eastern Muslim nation where women are forced to cover themselves?
There's a double standard in America, mild violence is ok but mild nudity.... Scratch that, skin is a definate no no in this case. We can't even get to mild nudity.
This is just insane.
Some parents are so insecure.
Thank you for mentioning this.
I mean this is off the subject but at least it helps me understand where you are coming from.
You're old fashioned....
Obviously I'm not.

I grew up with a very strict father, and that just back fired on him with his second son.
Have you ever heard of the term preacher kids?
You can't just raise your kids in a sterile environment, they definately need a vaccine.
They need to get a taste of what's out there so that they can build up their immune system.
And this is a point that overly cautious parents always miss.
There's no way in hell I'm raising my son that way, I know because I've been there.
But at the same time, a father can't be too easy on his kid. My dad did that with the youngest.
So there's definately a balance that has to be worked out.
And every kid is different, it's up to the parents to find that balance when it comes to parenting.
It's not as simple as black or white....
I'm sorry but if parents are concerened over a them like this then they're definately not seeing the bigger picture dry.gif

Don't get me wrong, I am far more liberal than conservative.  All I am saying is that I think there's a certain age where things are appropriate and inapporpriate.  I believe a chick spreading her legs with an xbox covering up her puss is not something a little kid should be seeing.  

I never said I wouldn't want my kid to look at women.  However, I wouldn't encourage him to look at an image of a naked or scantily clad woman in hopes it will make him more of a man.  If that's your definition of a strong heterosexual man, then you that's too bad.  My definition would be someone who accepts people for who they are and is comfortable with himself.  I'm straight and married, and I don't need to look at picturs of chicks with their clothes off to assure myself I'm straight.  Off topic, sorry.

I also disagree with you that you think there's a double standard and we don't allow mild nudity.  Are you serious?  Turn on most cable tv stations and what do you see?  Nudity and sex or violence.

Nezahaulcoyote

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2007, 01:52:00 PM »

Who gives a rats ass about all that yapp, yapp ,yapp. This is about a sweet theme. Not a 6 year old.

gundamhr

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2007, 07:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(miggidy @ May 4 2007, 07:02 PM) View Post

So you don't want your son looking at women? Perhaps you'd like him looking at men instead?
Why don't you move to a Middle Eastern Muslim nation where women are forced to cover themselves?

how sad. "Middle Eastern Muslim nation"... as if there is a nation with that same exact name. there are a lot of "Middle Eastern" nations that are not "Muslim." actually, if i think about it, there is a place called Israel. also, not all "Middle Eastern Muslim nations" enforce the head scarf. egypt is one, turkey is another. so i dno. maybe its not good to stereotype.

but me personally, i wouldn't let my kid be playing on live, especially by himself. i supposed he'd end up seeing the theme anyways though, i'd have it! hehe
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]