xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: 360 Queenz Theme too Mature for Marketplace  (Read 723 times)

lightsp33d

• Archived User
360 Queenz Theme too Mature for Marketplace
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2007, 09:38:00 AM »

Funny thing is that people buy mature, full of gore and blood games for their kids yet they get upset when naked bodies are exposed a little bit... thats lame !

tonloc79

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2007, 10:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(spinr34 @ May 3 2007, 09:41 AM) View Post

the xbox 360 does have parental controls. any parent that would be upset over these pics would prolly have parental controls enabled and their child wouldn't be able to download them or switch the theme without the passcode.

My point exactly. Our country is so good at telling people what is and what isnt good for them. They are extremely sensitive about content on the MP but games have no limits? DOAX2? Whats the difference?

Funny thing is that people buy mature, full of gore and blood games for their kids yet they get upset when naked bodies are exposed a little bit... thats lame !

Yeah maybe if parents were as worried about violent content as they were sexual content we wouldnt have theese little bastards running around shooting up schools!

Ravo5002

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2007, 10:41:00 AM »

there is no such thing as 'too mature' tongue.gif rifk

Awes0me Dude

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(Nytemunkey @ May 3 2007, 01:08 AM) View Post

Yes but then most parents won't let their kids download things slightly obscene yet they are perfectly fine with them playing a game where the objective is to "kill" someone. Not pointing you out or anything Dude.

But whats the worst a kid could do with a background with hot chicks? Go beat off in their bedroom? I would let my kid DL this before I would let them play a game thats main objective is violence... But I would probably let them do both because I did and I turned out just fine.

I do agree with you on the violence issue too, however I imagine there are some kids out there who aren't allowed to play shoot 'em up games, but still enjoy playing video games (X-Men, Pinata etc.).  That's the audience I'm mainly speaking of.  As far as teenagers are concerned, you're right, I don't care if they beat IT like mad to some green chick - more power to them.  

The point is, I think kids grow up way to fast as it is with the internet etc. nowadays and if we don't keep tabs on what's out there, there will eventually be no boundaries and they will see women as objects, just as if they play shooter games at an early age they will more likely see violence as normal.  

Case and point, some dude just shot and killed two people at a local Target where I live and me and my buddies were talking about how weird it is that we aren't scared or freaked out.  Ten years ago, I'd be shitting myself if someone got killed where I live.

lawlessSaturn

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2007, 01:46:00 PM »

they look kinda gay anyways mad.gif

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2007, 01:55:00 PM »

its too bad that theme didn't make it to the marketplace. not because of it being an amazing theme, but rejecting it for being "too explicit" just seems like censorship to me. if they don't want to officially release this type of content, open up the skinning options so people can have things the way they want.

Awes0me Dude

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2007, 02:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ May 3 2007, 03:31 PM) View Post

its too bad that theme didn't make it to the marketplace. not because of it being an amazing theme, but rejecting it for being "too explicit" just seems like censorship to me. if they don't want to officially release this type of content, open up the skinning options so people can have things the way they want.

Agreed.  That would be sweet.  It will be possible with mods sometime soon anyway, M$ might as well capitalize on it.

Awes0me Dude

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2007, 02:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(miggidy @ May 3 2007, 03:54 PM) View Post

If my 6 year old downloaded a theme like that he would get a high five from me.
I would never discourage his heterosexuality mad.gif

Why some of you are acting like the theme contains nudity is beyond me.
America, it's fine for little Johnny to frag the $hit out of virutal enemies.
Just don't show him any skin! rolleyes.gif
For the record, the green haired chick is phucking hot.
The white haired chick not so much, but I wouldn't pass up a freebie from her tongue.gif

Then you can go buy him a playboy.  I have no problem if you want your kid to stimulated that way at 6, but I would rather not have mine focusing on things like that at such a young age.  

And by the way, I don't think you can reinforce his "heterosexuality" by having him look at women.  If you're kid is gay, he's gay.  If you want him to turn out right be a good role model for him.  

And if you'd have read on in the thread, you'd see that I also don't agree with those little kids fragging each other.  

There is definitely a difference in my generation than in the current young generation - and I'm only 26.  When I was 6 you would never hear me talking back to a grown up or older person, but now it's not uncommon to hear these brats say shit like "I'm going to rape your ass" etc.

tonloc79

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2007, 04:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(Nezahaulcoyote @ May 3 2007, 11:37 PM) View Post

Does anyone actually have the controversial picture set? I can't seem to find it. Someone, please, please, please, please, please........place a download link to the pics. I have looooooooked everyywherrrrrrrrrrre. Thank you sad.gif

I was able to find them yesterday fairly easy (google). Dont waste your time, they are absolutely no big deal. Any kid in America can see much worse on network TV.

Nezahaulcoyote

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2007, 05:21:00 PM »

It appears ms had most of the pics removed from from most of the sites????? Someone please play God, & post them here. blink.gif

nightmare84j28

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2007, 05:35:00 PM »

Damn you guys get excited easy.

http://www.planetxbo...tails/show/1812 there tongue.gif

EDIT: Oh it was one guy...

DarkSky Forever

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2007, 07:07:00 PM »

Maybe they were denied because they... sucked?

*shrug*

Plus, they kinda look like doods.

TheIrishLad

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2007, 08:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(lawlessSaturn @ May 3 2007, 03:22 PM) View Post

they look kinda gay anyways mad.gif

Calling something “GAY” is stupid, because being gay is not a choice, just like being straight isn’t a choice. If you think it is, try turning yourself gay. Gay isn’t “bad” any more than promiscuousness is, and that IS a choice.

Awes0me Dude

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2007, 09:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(ProChief CXVII @ May 4 2007, 07:39 AM) View Post

ehhh, i can put my own pics on my 360 anyway biggrin.gif

How so?

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2007, 10:02:00 AM »

easily. just create your own theme and add a pic from a usb drive. done. rose mcgowan mostly naked theme for the win!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4