xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Live Update Failed  (Read 50 times)

ps2nev1

• Archived User
Live Update Failed
« on: January 13, 2007, 11:37:00 PM »

Hi,
I have had an offline profile for a while now but today I decided to try X-Box Live since I have a free 1 year subscription.  I plugged in the included Ethernet cable into my 360 and the other end into my router.  When I test the connection, all the tests turn out fine, but when it gets to the test called "X-Box Live" something pops up asking me if I want to preform an update or not.  If I choose yes then it hangs and eventually reports that the update failed and tells  me to go to their support website.  I tried it a few more times with the same results.  If I choose no it just says that the test failed and won't let me continue.  What can I do to fix this?  Is anyone else having the same problem?
It seems like the 360 must have connectivity since all the other tests turned out fine and since it knew there was an update available, but maybe not.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you for your help in advance! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

ps2nev1

• Archived User
Live Update Failed
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 01:58:00 PM »

Nobody has any ideas? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

ps2nev1

• Archived User
Live Update Failed
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 08:29:00 PM »

bump

BigDaddyE

• Archived User
Live Update Failed
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 04:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(ps2nev1 @ Jan 14 2007, 07:08 AM) *

Hi,
I have had an offline profile for a while now but today I decided to try X-Box Live since I have a free 1 year subscription.  I plugged in the included Ethernet cable into my 360 and the other end into my router.  When I test the connection, all the tests turn out fine, but when it gets to the test called "X-Box Live" something pops up asking me if I want to preform an update or not.  If I choose yes then it hangs and eventually reports that the update failed and tells  me to go to their support website.  I tried it a few more times with the same results.  If I choose no it just says that the test failed and won't let me continue.  What can I do to fix this?  Is anyone else having the same problem?
It seems like the 360 must have connectivity since all the other tests turned out fine and since it knew there was an update available, but maybe not.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you for your help in advance! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Have you opened the ports on your router for xbox live? Mine would work, but i kept losing my connection. So i had to setup a static IP for the 360 and forward the xbox live ports to the static IP for my 360. Give that a try.