xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Quick Question?  (Read 159 times)

Carlo210

• Archived User
Quick Question?
« on: September 10, 2005, 12:09:00 PM »

Er, people don't cheat on live with their modded Xbox. You know why? Because they can't get onto live with a modded xbox.

People who cheat on live use the 'magic button' trick, also know as unplugging your router or connection to xbox live for a slit second. This allows them to see everyone as staying still (to appear as if they were lagging) and kill them where they stand OR run to cover and be simply invisible. There are also glitches which are apparent when doing this in certain games, such as changing guns during the process or living after getting shot - etc.

I hope MS kicks people whos connections are interruptedduring a game. If they detect a wire being unplugged and so forth, then they should be automatically booted from the server and forced to log back in manually.

Master X

• Archived User
Quick Question?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 01:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(DJ4site @ Sep 10 2005, 07:18 AM)
Ok, first off, I dont have a problem with modders. Only those who use mods to cheat. They are scum.

brownboi_nayyar

• Archived User
Quick Question?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 03:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(Master X @ Sep 10 2005, 09:20 PM)
If everything happens as MS says then there will be no modded Xbox 360 it will be unhackable.

DJ4site

• Archived User
Quick Question?
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 01:42:00 AM »

Ok, I have now trawled the net for info on 'xbox360 security' .

What MS have said is that whilst it may be possible to hack ONE 360 it would take a brute force attack lasting months. Every 360 will take the same amount of time to crack, thus making it pointless.

If this is true, then I'm happy. I just needed to know that these 2month free trial cheats who plague xbl will be dealt with properly :-)

And if your one of the ones who think ' fun ' is having to listen to your squeeky voice shouting ' I pwned you biatch!! ' whilst shooting tank ammo from your magnum I am just glad your finally gonna get whats comming :-)

Cheats will be able to play xbox1, the rest of us can get on with having real fun. Wikid.