xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Falcon Nand Dumps  (Read 162 times)

7urrican

• Archived User
Falcon Nand Dumps
« on: January 10, 2011, 04:16:00 PM »

sounds good to me! i take it you are using LPT? the first read i did was pants too. i found that diode on, resistors off gave the best results. i was on xenons though - your falcon may respond differently

XboxXtreme

• Archived User
Falcon Nand Dumps
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 06:20:00 PM »

Yep,using a homemade lpt cable using 2 short ends from a CAT45 cable and an ethernet coupler,as i'm fitting inside my 360 a permenant fix instead of having to resolder all the wires everytime i need to do updates for XBRebooter.All diodes are in place but on alt points,the first diode from point db1f1 it came off and lifted the tiny bit of solder with it so i fitted it to underneath that point from a tut i found,also the diode for the RF board is also on an alt point,soldered to pin 6 were the RF board plugs into.The resisters i had to move from being soldered direct to the lpt plug and into the points on the motherboard as for some strange reason i kept getting the can't detect flash controller error every single time.
But now all systems are go lol

majik655

• Archived User
Falcon Nand Dumps
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 08:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(XboxXtreme @ Jan 10 2011, 05:20 PM) View Post

Yep,using a homemade lpt cable using 2 short ends from a CAT45 cable and an ethernet coupler,as i'm fitting inside my 360 a permenant fix instead of having to resolder all the wires everytime i need to do updates for XBRebooter.All diodes are in place but on alt points,the first diode from point db1f1 it came off and lifted the tiny bit of solder with it so i fitted it to underneath that point from a tut i found,also the diode for the RF board is also on an alt point,soldered to pin 6 were the RF board plugs into.The resisters i had to move from being soldered direct to the lpt plug and into the points on the motherboard as for some strange reason i kept getting the can't detect flash controller error every single time.
But now all systems are go lol

So you know... you can update your rebooters with a usb flash stick once your jtag is done.

I also leave the lpt on "just in case" but so you know you do not HAVE to...once done you would only need it for a "fix" if something goes horribly wrong.

7urrican

• Archived User
Falcon Nand Dumps
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 05:28:00 AM »

Any of the nandpro -> xbr tuts will tell you how to inject. It's easily done using nandpro at command line. Xbr3 has xellous built in so that you can get your cpu key and build freeboot, which imagine is your objective!

XboxXtreme

• Archived User
Falcon Nand Dumps
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 03:16:00 AM »

This is the tuturial i followed:- 4 Step Guide To Flashing Xbreboot, Lets Get that Homebrew Working for You.Done everything it told me to,after finishing the flash i unplugged the power from my board and left it for about 20 minutes but after turning the console back on (DVD drive plugged back in as well) it came up with error 79 and 1 flashing red light (bottom right of the 4 lights).
I've recked all my JTAG wires and followed this tuturial :-http://www.xboxhacker.org/index.php?topic=13097.msg100559#msg100559.To attached one of the diodes to an alt point as db1f1 and ft1u2 the solder point was useless so had to use the 3rd alt point on the underneath of my falcon board but everytime i turn my 360 on i keep getting the error 79 on the screen.
Please please please can anyone help me out on this.
Thanks guys

7urrican

• Archived User
Falcon Nand Dumps
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 07:41:00 AM »

if you are sure all the wiring is ok, you might be trying to flash a bad nand image, which means you should go back and try the inject config and kv. There is a very good tut here: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=700442 and here: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=698328

otherwise, you must be having write errors when you flash XBR to the xbox. You could try flashing your original nand.bin back to the box to see if this is the case. If so, you need to check all LPT connections and if possible, shorten your cable. the cable length/resistors/diodes/LPT settings is a very common cause of problems. you just have to juggle until you find something reliable

XboxXtreme

• Archived User
Falcon Nand Dumps
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 02:51:00 PM »

I've managed to reflash my original nand back onto the chip and removed ALL the JTAG and LPT wires.My 360 now boots perfectly into the original old style blade dashboard.
So not sure where the problem was.I had followed the tuturial off here in every single step.It's got me baffled,guys lol

slimgrip

• Archived User
Falcon Nand Dumps
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 05:03:00 AM »

Try using nandpro 2.0e which is the latest version AFAIK.

Or use something automated such as Plexos XBR installer, i use this myself then update to Freeboot using the bestpig tool & a USB stick

Shadowrunner83

• Archived User
Falcon Nand Dumps
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 04:07:00 PM »

No doubt about your wire work is not fully conected trust me. Recheck your diode and that part of the wiring it not contected. I helped a friend with this many times. you need a fine eye some times to see a small solder bridge or a small crack in the solder jtags dont E79.

Best of luck,
Shadowrunner83