xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: [jtag] Xbla And Dlc From External Hdd?  (Read 120 times)

nu1mlock

• Archived User
[jtag] Xbla And Dlc From External Hdd?
« on: July 05, 2010, 09:44:00 AM »

Hey all!

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but if it has, the answer will hopefully be a simple "yes" or "no".

I sold my Elite console a couple of weeks ago, and now I regret it. I love playing Rock Band 2 or Lips when having a party, so instead I'm thinking of buying a jtagged arcade.

Since I've got two 1.5TB USB harddrives I'm thinking of using one of them to that console. The thing is, I've bought about 250 RB2 songs, 50 Lips songs, 60 XBLA games and 10 Games on demand-games. Since it's a jtagged arcade, I'm wondering if I can use one of my external HDD's for both DLC, XBLA and GOD-games? Or am I forced to buy a used official HDD (and perhaps switch it for another 2.5" HDD)?

I will of course download the content to a friends console first and then transfer it to my jtagged console.

Thanks alot!

nu1mlock

canisay

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 10:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(nu1mlock @ Jul 5 2010, 07:44 AM) *

Hey all!

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but if it has, the answer will hopefully be a simple "yes" or "no".

I sold my Elite console a couple of weeks ago, and now I regret it. I love playing Rock Band 2 or Lips when having a party, so instead I'm thinking of buying a jtagged arcade.

Since I've got two 1.5TB USB harddrives I'm thinking of using one of them to that console. The thing is, I've bought about 250 RB2 songs, 50 Lips songs, 60 XBLA games and 10 Games on demand-games. Since it's a jtagged arcade, I'm wondering if I can use one of my external HDD's for both DLC, XBLA and GOD-games? Or am I forced to buy a used official HDD (and perhaps switch it for another 2.5" HDD)?

I will of course download the content to a friends console first and then transfer it to my jtagged console.

Thanks alot!

nu1mlock

Freestyle Dash will see XBLA and ripped 360 games on an external drive. DLC will only be seen by the console on the 360 HDD. You could find a cheap 2.5" SATA drive, and pick up one of these.

nu1mlock

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 10:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(canisay @ Jul 5 2010, 05:20 PM) *

Freestyle Dash will see XBLA and ripped 360 games on an external drive. DLC will only be seen by the console on the 360 HDD. You could find a cheap 2.5" SATA drive, and pick up one of these.

Thanks!

Can I use, say, a 500GB HDD in a case like those that you linked to, or am I limited to the 120GB (250?) that the official dashboard support?

canisay

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 10:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(nu1mlock @ Jul 5 2010, 08:31 AM) *

Thanks!

Can I use, say, a 500GB HDD in a case like those that you linked to, or am I limited to the 120GB (250?) that the official dashboard support?

XBR and Freeboot can format and use any size drive. I believe the largest 2.5" drive that will fit in the 360 HDD enclosure is 640GB

vb_encryption_vb

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 12:26:00 PM »

WD makes 2.5 1tb...They are expensive though.

canisay

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 01:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(vb_encryption_vb @ Jul 5 2010, 10:26 AM) *

WD makes 2.5 1tb...They are expensive though.

Correct, but they are a little too big to fit in the hdd enclosure from what I hear

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 02:32:00 PM »

1TB 2.5" drives are 12.5mm thick I believe, way too thick to fit in the drive encolusure, at least without a little modification. You could probably just rip the little inner shell out if and it would fit.