xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help With Starting To Backing Up My Games  (Read 96 times)

Salincer

• Archived User
Help With Starting To Backing Up My Games
« on: March 10, 2010, 07:06:00 PM »

So ive been thinking about doing this for awhile, and now i have some money, what the heck. Even though people have been doing this for 3 years, i would really appreciate some help. I tried reading into it and found some guides and firmwares, etc. So basically im wanting a dedicated OFFLINE 360 (have a dedicated online 360 too) to play my backups.
1. What so special about these Jtag-able 360's...just that you can play xbox arcade games and what else?
2. If these jtag 360s can hold big hard drives, would i be able to load the backups to my 360 HDD and load them off there?
   a. If i go this way, i will still be able to get achievments right?
3. My friend is selling me a console that which ill flash, and another friend is going to be able to give me a disk drive that he has from a crap 360. Will i be able to use that crap drive (i think it works...he said 360 had RROD), to rip games from disk to computer?
4. Does the 360's disk drive connect via sata to my mobo? If so how do they get power?

Thanks

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 03:06:00 AM »

1. Your console needs to be at a version less than 2.0.8000 for JTAGing to work. If yours is newer, you can't venture any further.

2. Yes, JTAGable consoles can play games straight from the HDD, whether it be the one in the caddy on top of the console or via an external USB. You'll still get achievements.

3 & 4 - If you're looking to use a dedicated offline 360, you don't need to go through the worry of using an Xbox DVD drive to rip them. A Kreon flashed DVD drive will suffice.

Check the guides and tutorials for more information. Better still, google wink.gif

Salincer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 08:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Mar 11 2010, 05:06 AM) View Post

1. Your console needs to be at a version less than 2.0.8000 for JTAGing to work. If yours is newer, you can't venture any further.

2. Yes, JTAGable consoles can play games straight from the HDD, whether it be the one in the caddy on top of the console or via an external USB. You'll still get achievements.

3 & 4 - If you're looking to use a dedicated offline 360, you don't need to go through the worry of using an Xbox DVD drive to rip them. A Kreon flashed DVD drive will suffice.

Check the guides and tutorials for more information. Better still, google wink.gif

Thanks Martinchris for the reply. I have a 20xxxxx 7xxxx xbox with a liteon  74850C disk drive.
I did a little research and found this http://xbox-experts....iteon-for-free/
I made it and im at the part where i 'dump' the key. I downloaded iPrep.exe and somereason i cant update it...it says "error during upgrade, the remote server returned an error: 404 not found." I think that means servers are down. and get to the "iPrep 11.6" screen

On left i cant use the "Lite-on 74850C iXtreme" i probley need to DL that, but do i need to do the key dump?

KILLorBE

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 08:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(Salincer @ Mar 15 2010, 03:02 AM) View Post

I have a 20xxxxx 7xxxx xbox with a liteon  74850C disk drive.

....but do i need to do the key dump?

That's the wrong number (have a mod remove it), it's the dashboard version you need to look for (Console Settings -> System Info).
IPB Image
Just in case deeplinking isn't allowed: click.

Yes you need to dump the key, no key = expensive DVD player.
Dump the key several times to make sure you have the right key, because if you screw up the only way to get the key is when your 360 is exploitable.
I suggest you use jungleflasher, they also have a tutorial.

Salincer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 10:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(KILLorBE @ Mar 15 2010, 08:16 AM) View Post

That's the wrong number (have a mod remove it), it's the dashboard version you need to look for (Console Settings -> System Info).
IPB Image
Just in case deeplinking isn't allowed: click.

Yes you need to dump the key, no key = expensive DVD player.
Dump the key several times to make sure you have the right key, because if you screw up the only way to get the key is when your 360 is exploitable.
I suggest you use jungleflasher, they also have a tutorial.

so 2.0.8995.0 wont work? And also, does this mean i updated my console to this dashboard or what?

following the guide on the link i posted above, it says i need to open my disk tray up halfway. I get it to halfway with turning power off, but when i turn it back on, it pulls it back in blink.gif
Maybe i should try jungleflash instead of a Dos- iPrep flash drive :S

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 06:55:00 AM »

I built a Molex to USB lead (5v only) for powering 360 drives for flashing. Not having 12v means the tray doesn't eject but you can eject the tray manually.

http://forums.bit-te...d.php?p=1854718

Salincer

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 07:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Mar 16 2010, 07:55 AM) View Post

I built a Molex to USB lead (5v only) for powering 360 drives for flashing. Not having 12v means the tray doesn't eject but you can eject the tray manually.

http://forums.bit-te...d.php?p=1854718

i just used 5v from molex but this is good for future.

I noticed i had to remove pin 3 so it wouldnt close. I finally got into iprep and stuff and finally got to a key reading. But the key reading is 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00       <---invalid

Did i just bric my drive? blink.gif

Salincer

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »

im thinking its the probe =\. i cant tell what port its in when iprep askes for it =\

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 02:26:00 AM »

Just use JungleFlasher - it's extremely stable now.

Salincer

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 10:59:00 AM »

i tried jungle flasher but i get a "BAD SERIAL DATA" error message whenever i try to extract the key.

I tried all the ports and even pluged in my "USB TO SERIAL" adapter (com4) and it still doesnt work. Ill try switching the transitor around and see how that works.

KILLorBE

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 05:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(Salincer @ Mar 16 2010, 05:00 AM) View Post

so 2.0.8995.0 wont work? And also, does this mean i updated my console to this dashboard or what?

Nope.
You probably updated the dashboard without knowing as some games require an update, well that's how I got "screwed".

QUOTE(Salincer @ Mar 17 2010, 05:59 PM) View Post
i  tried jungle flasher but i get a "BAD SERIAL DATA" error message  whenever i try to extract the key.

I tried all the ports and even  pluged in my "USB TO SERIAL" adapter (com4) and it still doesnt work.  Ill try switching the transitor around and see how that works.

Possibly your chipset isn't supported, get yourself a VIA 6421 card and it should work fine (Unless you already have one).

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 06:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(Salincer @ Mar 17 2010, 04:59 PM) View Post

i tried jungle flasher but i get a "BAD SERIAL DATA" error message whenever i try to extract the key.

I tried all the ports and even pluged in my "USB TO SERIAL" adapter (com4) and it still doesnt work. Ill try switching the transitor around and see how that works.

What are you using to flash the drive? A connectivity kit?

Salincer

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 07:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Mar 17 2010, 06:48 PM) View Post

What are you using to flash the drive? A connectivity kit?

sigh, im about to give up and buy a connectivity kit and a probe.

Im using home made probe (built many times with new transitors)
USB for 5v power
and my 360 for the power to drive

I tried Jungleflasher, iprep (many ports) and DVDkey32. No luck at all

Anyone wanna recommend a site to get the ck3 and probe? i was looking at http://www.modtrader...ndle-offer.html